Ohio GOP ruthless power grab of an election BOMBS, Republicans fume after loss

Bears01

With the early returns, their sham election intended to make passing abortion harder, is on track to lose by 20 points. I’ll keep this thread updated as more results come in 

Edited to include Republican tears: 

And the final margin: 

Edited by Bears01
  • Like 3

I am not surprised. Living here people on all sides HATE this issue. The No signs are EVERYWHERE. Even major trump areas. Like it really cannot be overstated seeing it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This was never going to pass. There were plenty of conservative areas littered with NO signs 

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Hes never wrong btw 

*on calling races

His takes outside of election season are…messy

4 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

*on calling races

His takes outside of election season are…messy

Fair, and agreed. That’s really what I meant, I don’t listen to his takes other than when an election is happening 

6 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

This was never going to pass. There were plenty of conservative areas littered with NO signs 

Frank LaRose banked his entire political career on this. It failing this badly already is….a bad look

Republicans are going to die on this abortion hill. It’s very clear that the majority of Americans support abortion, but these republicans haven’t learned anything from Kansas, the mid terms, Nebraska and South Carolina.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

Fair, and agreed. That’s really what I meant, I don’t listen to his takes other than when an election is happening 

Frank LaRose banked his entire political career on this. It failing this badly already is….a bad look

Oh I know that’s what you meant, I just wanted to drag him a bit cause I keep him muted once election nights end :chick1:

I was part of a group that gathered signatures so we could vote on the issue + voted no today. 

Please hold up. :jonny5:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Republicans are going to die on this abortion hill. It’s very clear that the majority of Americans support abortion, but these republicans haven’t learned anything from Kansas, the mid terms, Nebraska and South Carolina.

Hopefully they tank themselves out of state and national relevance, and quickly at that.

ot: we love to see it :clap3:

What shocks me about this measure is how many people thought this would pass. Even from a data perspective it is a wildly unpopular measure in many states and even though Ohio has begun to swing more and more right leaning it is still overall a relatively swingy state. Another thing, Ohioans love Trump, and without Trump on the ballot they seem to be a lot more clear headed for some reason

• Haha 1

GOP will continue taking Ls until they move on and focus on issues that actually impact the avg person.

• Like 1

The fact that one of the worst people in congress campaigned so hard for it and it’s going down in flames :WAP: I love watching horrible people lose 

5 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

What shocks me about this measure is how many people thought this would pass. Even from a data perspective it is a wildly unpopular measure in many states and even though Ohio has begun to swing more and more right leaning it is still overall a relatively swingy state. Another thing, Ohioans love Trump, and without Trump on the ballot they seem to be a lot more clear headed for some reason

GOP now has the same problem that Dems had during the Obama years: when the main man isn’t at the top of the ticket, voters for their party stay home. And unlike with Obama, independents hate trump too 

Just now, Raspberries said:

NO may win by 20 points :deadbanana4:

Expect this to keep dropping a bit. There is a lot to go but with more voter day counts coming in and a lot of more red counties left those numbers are gonna narrow the gap most likely a bit if not quite a bit. Yes is certainly not gonna win with the data we have, but I do not expect to see a 70% win

2 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

Expect this to keep dropping a bit. There is a lot to go but with more voter day counts coming in and a lot of more red counties left those numbers are gonna narrow the gap most likely a bit if not quite a bit. Yes is certainly not gonna win with the data we have, but I do not expect to see a 70% win

It won't be 70%. But it is likely going to be close to 60-40 (a 20 point win)

Edited by Raspberries

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

The fact that one of the worst people in congress campaigned so hard for it and it’s going down in flames :WAP: I love watching horrible people lose 

GOP now has the same problem that Dems had during the Obama years: when the main man isn’t at the top of the ticket, voters for their party stay home. And unlike with Obama, independents hate trump too 

For real. Being a more moderate state to our democrats aren't usually that motivated for Biden as he's not interesting to them. But Trump does excite them. If the Republicans put up a candidate they hate but a Democrat they love they will swing way more left next time if possible. Sadly though it is looking likely it will be Trump though so I don't expect Ohio to suddenly flip. Even with everything that has happened. I expect some loss for Trump in numbers, but nothing significant in 2024

Love it! GOP can keep losing :clap3:

2 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

Yeah it’ll narrow, but its chances of coming back are at 0%. 

The Associated Press called it. It’s JOEVER 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.