Spanish chef kills surgeon boyfriend in Thailand, dismembers his body and dumps it

mystery

THE TELEGRAPH: YouTuber ‘chopped up boyfriend and dumped his head in sea’
REUTERS: Son of Spanish actor detained in Thailand in grisly murder case

A YouTube chef has appeared in court accused of chopping up his boyfriend and dumping his head in the sea on a Thai resort island. Daniel Sancho Bronchalo, 29, appeared in court on Monday after police arrested him for the brutal death and dismemberment of his lover Dr Edwin Arrieta Arteaga, a 44-year old Colombian plastic surgeon. The pair were on holiday on the southern Thai island of Koh Pha Ngan – famed for its picturesque beaches, laid-back lifestyle and wild “full moon” parties – when an argument over “sex and money” turned deadly, according to local police. But the officers have said there are signs the grisly crime was premeditated.

“He admitted it,” Panya Niratimanon, the police chief of Koh Pha Ngan, told AFP. “The victim and the suspect knew each other before they came to Thailand, and his dubious activities indicate that he might murder the victim.” Dr Edwin Arrieta Arteaga was a 44-year-old plastic surgeon from Colombia

According to local media reports, Mr Sancho – the son of Spanish actors Rodolfo Sancho Aguirre and Silvia Bronchalo, and a well-known social media chef in his home country – reported his lover missing after attending a full moon party with friends. The pair had known each other for a year. But on Friday, Mr Sancho was detained shortly after body parts, including hips and thighs, were found by shocked locals at a landfill site on the island.

It has since been alleged that the YouTuber cut Arteaga’s body into 14 pieces, discarding some in the rubbish dump and using a kayak to cast others out to sea in a suitcase – including the surgeon’s head. 

On Sunday, Mr Sancho travelled with police to seven sites where he is accused of ditching the body parts. Mr Sancho travelled with police to seven sites where he is accused of ditching the body parts.

Police Major-General Saranyu Chamnanrat told Reuters that DNA tests have proved the remains are Arteaga’s, and that Mr Sancho has been charged with “premeditated murder and secretly moving or destroying a corpse to conceal a death or the cause of death”. Other media outlets have reported that Mr Sancho had been purchasing knives, plastic bags and cleaning supplies at various convenience stores across Koh Pha Ngan.

On Sunday, Mr Sancho’s family released a statement asking for “maximum respect, both for Daniel Sancho himself and for the whole family, in these delicate moments of maximum confusion”. Police said the chef was in court on Monday, with police seeking his continued detention as investigations continue.

Edited by mystery

And the father and grand father of the killer are/were famous actors here

Maybe being single isn’t such a bad thing 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Wild story. But they were not really a couple, and it's looking more like a sugar daddy type of situationship since the killer has a girlfriend.

Will he stand trial and sentenced in Thailaind? Or deported to the country he's a citizien in? Because thai prisons.... :biblio:

A similar case happened in Portugal some years ago.. this model (who I think was straight) murdered and chopped the balls of his sugar daddy ( a famous personality there as well). I wonder what happens in these situations 

this is insane 

I don't know what kind of argument/fight you have to have with your partner to justify this in your head :deadbanana4: Did the surgeon tell him that he's pushing 30 and he's getting too old for him?

I would never kill my SD what the **** is this :rip:

It's everywhere :doc:

I found it so gross. It was clearly premeditated. And all he said was "I'm sorry".

He's such a waste of a human being.

This is wild, I don't want to comment because I have no words, this guy needs some serious psych ward time before hitting jail. :deadbanana:

Also... I have to say, isn't it funny how you'll get reported and possibly banned in this site for mentioning the nationality/ethnicity of attackers/suspects in certain contexts related to the news at hand but it is totally acceptable to do so in other cases (like this one)? :matty:

The surgeon looks a LOT like a guy that used to hit me up on Grindr.

Spoiler

yes I'm Colombian

Edited by venuss
I'm freaking out

The fact that he is being interviewed like NOTHING is crazy :deadbanana4: 

Spanish media and especially journalism is the pits :rip: 

1 hour ago, Last Boy on Earth said:

A similar case happened in Portugal some years ago.. this model (who I think was straight) murdered and chopped the balls of his sugar daddy ( a famous personality there as well). I wonder what happens in these situations 

Crazy I just read about that one the other day and curiosity kicked looked it up on YouTube. He won some local modeling competition and the sugar daddy was a well known journalist… that’s the one you’re talking about? 

OT this is crazy, like someone said being single doesn’t sound too bad now days, everybody got a chip on their shoulders, some type of agenda, sad.

1 hour ago, Illuminati said:

I don't know what kind of argument/fight you have to have with your partner to justify this in your head :deadbanana4: Did the surgeon tell him that he's pushing 30 and he's getting too old for him?

No, the chief wanted to break up the “relation ship” and the Suggar daddy blackmail him with videos and photos break up with her girlfriend and continue with him. It wasn’t an impulsive thing, her planned the murder in Thailand 

In my country there are many murderers cases surround straight baiting gay men for money and then kill them. :skull: you just can not trust anybody. :toofunny3:

Edited by leyaris11

1 hour ago, igninton said:

Also... I have to say, isn't it funny how you'll get reported and possibly banned in this site for mentioning the nationality/ethnicity of attackers/suspects in certain contexts related to the news at hand but it is totally acceptable to do so in other cases (like this one)? :matty:

The mention of suspects' race/ethnicity in other contexts if often a way to incite hatred while in this case nobody is going to be racist or xenophobic towards a white Spaniard. 

• Thanks 1

Suddenly I'm not gay anymore :rip: this is wild

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.