Taylor, Gaga, Bey, Rih, Adele - biggest?

Jjang

1 minute ago, lonnie said:

Rihanna had 1 number one hit and two top ten hits from Rated R. What are you talking about? 

homophobicera-imupshemad.gif

Rated R album was tanking until Rude Boy saved it a bit. That album is at like 3.6M pure 14 years later. It's okay to admit this lol 

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• lonnie

• airplane

• #ADOU

7 hours ago, airplane said:

Not this argument when yall shamlessly use the cumulative (CSPC) stats of your fave’s THIRTEEN albums against everyone else who have like 5-6 😂

Argument? Using basic logic for comparing an artist stopping on their 8th album would have the other artist… also stop on their 8th album :fan:

6 hours ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Not a glorified stalker yapping about someone going stir crazy :deadbanana2:you have about 6 albums from just the last few years alone to listen to… yet you’re still (per the homepage) one of the top posters on ATRL  this week :ahh:

This failed attempt doesn’t even make sense, because since when is posting ABOUT YOUR FAV a negative :deadbanana4: How many of those posts was me fuming about someone else :deadbanana4:

Just now, Raspberries said:

Rated R album was tanking until Rude Boy saved it a bit. That album is at like 3.6M pure 14 years later. It's okay to admit this lol 

How is that a bomb? And was Rude Boy not on the Rated R album and part of the Rated R era? 3 top tens among them a worldwide hit that was number one and 3.6M pure is not a bomb :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, lonnie said:

How is that a bomb? And was Rude Boy not on the Rated R album and part of the Rated R era? 3 top tens among them a worldwide hit that was number one and 3.6M pure is not a bomb :deadbanana4:

Rated R debuted at #1 in 2 countries (Sweden & Norway) and was in the top 10 year-end in 0 countries :deadbanana: It was only top 20 in ONE (sweden) :deadbanana: 

It was definitely viewed as a flop back then, especially since GGGB was so huge. She rebounded commercially with Loud which made RR look like even more of a commercial flop

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, airplane said:

that 🍓 user 

Wrong fruit sweety. You don’t know what a raspberry is? :emofish:

OT: Taylor #1, Rihanna #5 tbh 

Rated R debuted at #1 in 2 countries (Sweden & Norway) and was in the top 10 year-end in 0 countries :deadbanana: It was only top 20 in ONE (sweden) :deadbanana: 

It was definitely viewed as a flop back then, especially since GGGB was so huge. She rebounded commercially with Loud which made RR look like even more of a commercial flop

Going by this logic evermore is a bomb too? Especially considering it had no hits like Rated R and is sandwiched between bigger eras Folklore and MIDnight? Not to mention that Willow is one of the biggest falls from number one?

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

This failed attempt doesn’t even make sense, because since when is posting ABOUT YOUR FAV a negative :deadbanana4: How many of those posts was me fuming about someone else :deadbanana4:

How many of those posts feature you calling out your fellow Swifties for trolling/"fuming"? :eddie: You are chronically online, yet never find the time to address the same users that you cackle in HQ with :ahh: 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, lonnie said:

Literally selling her fans cat hair showing how deranged her fave-fan relationship is but you're going to draw the line at palettes?

Lonnie, sis. Do you genuinely think this ever happened? :priceless:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Just now, lonnie said:

Going by this logic evermore is a bomb too? Especially considering it had no hits like Rated R and is sandwiched between bigger eras Folklore and MIDnight? Not to mention that Willow is one of the biggest falls from number one?

evermore is an underperformance for Taylor's standards, yes. Almost all of Taylor's fans acknowledge it. Granted, the difference between folklore and evermore is only like 3.5M units while the difference between GGGB and RR is 16M :deadbanana: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Let's not do too much now, evermore is essentially a surprise bonus disc... It performed exactly as expected (better tbh).

Rated R was Rih's big follow up to GGGB and it underperformed. We don't need to beat around this bush. Certainly was not a flop either.

Edited by Otter

Just now, ImsoLOUD said:

How many of those posts feature you calling out your fellow Swifties for trolling/"fuming"? :eddie: You are chronically online, yet never find the time to address the same users that you cackle in HQ with :ahh: 

spacer.png

Nice straw man attempt, when my comment was hoping Rih releases music for y’all’s sake so you have something to talk about besides fuming in Taylor threads :cm:

Also not you ~~stalking~~ me in HQ, it really is just projection huh :isudumblmao:

2 hours ago, lonnie said:

Where's the joke?

And Taylor releases constantly for the same reason Rihanna does her businesses: for the money she gets out of it

Do you think she was selling white wine spills too? Or do you only selectively understand sarcasm?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

Lonnie, sis. Do you genuinely think this ever happened? :priceless:

spacer.png

Girl why are you quoting posts from 3 hours ago after that's already settled? We've jumped aimlessly around about 20 more topics since then, keep up

2 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

evermore is an underperformance for Taylor's standards

So a bomb? Don't try to cushion it when it's directed towards Taylor

2 minutes ago, Otter said:

Let's not do too much now, evermore is a surprise bonus disc.

So now evermore, was a "bonus disc". If swifties won't do anything else they'll make me laugh, I'll give them that

2 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Girl why are you quoting posts from 3 hours ago after that's already settled? We've jumped aimlessly around about 20 more topics since then, keep up

So a bomb? Don't try to cushion it when it's directed towards Taylor

So now evermore, was a "bonus disc". If swifties won't do anything else they'll make me laugh, I'll give them that

No, it's not a bomb. It's moved around the same amount of units in its first 3 years as ANTI did :deadbanana: 

• Haha 1

No, it's not a bomb. It's moved around the same amount of units in its first 3 years as ANTI did :deadbanana: 

If Rated R which is around 8M SPS with y'all favourite source CM is a bomb, then certainly so is evermore which hasn't crossed 7M according to that same source?

Like am I supposed to believe an album that had 1 number one single and two more top tens (all which spent more weeks inside the top 40 than Willow or any single from evermore) and moved more units is a bomb but evermore isn't? Let's be for real friend

Just now, lonnie said:

If Rated R which is around 8M SPS with y'all favourite source CM is a bomb, then certainly so is evermore which hasn't crossed 7M according to that same source?

Like am I supposed to believe an album that had 1 number one single and two more top tens (all which spent more weeks inside the top 40 than Willow or any single from evermore) and moved more units is a bomb but evermore isn't? Let's be for real friend

Rated R is 14 years old. evermore is 3 :deadbanana: 

You're not being serious at this point 

24 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

Ester dean, another person that said she owed her career to Rihanna :clap3: 

imagine having a career that is absolutely useless because you are in your 8th album and you have still not done anything creative at all so far and you are still repeating every harmony, lyric and melody fed to you from the demo like a AI parrot machine.

Now let's see who artistic leech rihanna owes her career to, shall we?

Higher Demo

Even while covering a song, she decided to change nothing and copied everything down to the T.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Raspberries said:

Rated R is 14 years old. evermore is 3 :deadbanana: 

You're not being serious at this point 

I am very serious :deadbanana4:

There's just no way evermore is this mega successful era while Rated R is a bomb. That doesn't make sense at all 

12 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Sis I just got out of class let me catch up on the mess

spacer.png

1 minute ago, lonnie said:

I am very serious :deadbanana4:

There's just no way evermore is this mega successful era while Rated R is a bomb. That doesn't make sense at all 

evermore moved nearly 7M units in 3 years. It is 1M units behind an album that came out over a decade before it. :skull: 

evermore is an underperformance for Taylor's standard. If it were released by Gaga/Ariana/Bey/etc it would be seen as a standard era

Edited by Raspberries
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Nnn, not a swifty at all. Just very aware of context & not caught up in stan delusion.

Evermore was a sister project to folklore, surprised dropped 6months after Folklore, announced with no fanfair & there is no era in itself. To think it's expected to sell equivalent to Folklore or Midnight is dense.

These same arguments to do not apply to rated R which obviously was a steep drop commercially compared to GGGB despite being the hyped up follow up. Let's not argue around in circles for the sake of it.

Taylor has underperformances (like Lover at the time of its release) but Evermore is not one of them 

Edited by Otter

Overall success which includes peak?

Taylor

Gaga

Adele

Beyonce

Rihanna

4 minutes ago, Miss Americana said:

imagine having a career that is absolutely useless because you are in your 8th album and you have still not done anything creative at all so far and you are still repeating every harmony, lyric and melody fed to you from the demo like a AI parrot machine.

Now let's see who artistic leech rihanna owes her career to, shall we?

Higher Demo

Even while covering a song, she decided to change nothing and copied everything down to the T.

My god all these demos (especially Woo) proving just how golden Rihanna's tone is :jonny5:

Also you're taking this way too seriously there has been no name calling or doing all this until you've arrived. Open a window and let the air in

3 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Sis I just got out of class let me catch up on the mess

spacer.png

Well hurry up then, I don't plan on going back 3 hours+ back. Your fellow stans have been turning from one topic to another with each clock so there's a lot of ground to cover

4 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

evermore moved nearly 7M units in 3 years. It is 1M units behind an album that came out over a decade before it. :skull: 

The only thing it has over Rated R are Spotify streams lol and that's because it has terrible recurrent streams. Rated R has it beat on every other metric though so it certainly is bigger

5 minutes ago, Otter said:

Evermore was a sister project to folklore, surprised dropped 6months after it, announced with no funfair & there is no era in itself.

Is that why Taylor released several versions of Willow? All these sound like excuses. Rihanna had a lot more challenges following Rated R personally and pressure wise than Taylor with evermore, let alone the darker content of Rated R which alienated previous listeners

9 minutes ago, Otter said:

These same arguments to do not apply to rated R which obviously was a steep drop commercially compared to GGGB despite being the hyped up follow up. Let's not argue around in circles for the sake of it.

A drop doesn't equate to a bomb. An era that sold over 3.6M copies and had a number one as well as two other top ten hits is not a bomb no matter how many times y'all repeat it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.