Is Lorde taking too long to Release her Albums?

AvadaKedavra

I think the quality of her next two albums will determine whether the long gaps were worth it or not. It’s really hard to believe that Pure Heroine is basically 10 now and she’s only released 2 albums since:biblio:

Idc as long as the albums are amazing. SP barely made it for me tho

I don’t know what she was thinking with that last album lord i completely blocked her on Spotify :biblio:

This forum will switch if she serves quality. I didn’t like Solar Power, but I will always check for new Lorde 

• Thanks 1

Her next album will be VERY interesting to analyze. I’m guessing she released Solar Power feeling no pressure whatsoever for that album to succeed but didn’t expect it to be THAT harshly received — which shook her FOR SURE. She will either put out a very easily digestible album to secure her audience or try and do something big and conceptual again to try and win over the critics. I’m excited either way because, even though it could be a miss, I think Lorde is yet to release a bad album. 

My opinion is Solar Power was doomed the moment she chose Jack to be its main producer. He simply was not the person to execute whatever she had in mind. 

Just look at this revamped version of Mood Ring she performed earlier today, it sounds 3000 times better.

• Thanks 1

We are in the fast food age of music, and people just don’t have time to wait for artists to release albums anymore. And the thing is she’s been teasing her upcoming music for centuries now (“pop bangers on the horizon”, switching up the production of her songs, email teasers, etc) and it’s just getting tiring from a stan point-of-view.

I think I’m really the only one here who kinda bops with Solar Power.

OP: nah, i think she’s doing okay. But over three years would be overkills. She’s just above 2 years right now so it’s pretty common/decent rate

She can release faster than her previous four year rate.

Solar Power would have been out much faster, but she took time off when her dog died, maybe too much time in hindsight. She had Jack working in Neil Finn's studio in New Zealand in early 2020, continuing work on writing and production and then the pandemic pushed production back further and vinyl production delays slowed things down a few more months than usual.

Solar Power was released on 20 August 2021, less than two years ago and her last release, her Te Ao Mārama EP was in September 2021.

Jack just wants to stamp out lots of albums quickly, but he hasn't cared about the quality in anything he's done in recent years. All his best work was in the last decade and other than sheer numbers of albums, his achievements aren't that impressive.

Hopefully there is no Jack Antonoff on her next album.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.