NYT: T.Swift has reached demand & media saturation not seen since 1980s MJ & Madonna

Feanor

21 hours ago, Konril said:

No it's true, it's true

no-its-true-its-true-oli-london.gif

:skull:.

ot: it’s truew

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• Badgalbriel

• MardinBeksloy

• Raspberries

1 hour ago, rzal said:

the point is the video which was taken from tiktok, idgaf about this olivier person 😭

And what was even the point of posting this video to begin with? To tell us that every Swiftie is a fascist nazi because some people had the American flag? Come on, tell us what you really mean :coffee2:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Enrique523 said:

And what was even the point of posting this video to begin with? To tell us that every Swiftie is a fascist nazi because some people had the American flag? Come on, tell us what you really mean :coffee2:

maybe I should have posted this tweet instead 

:laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

22 hours ago, KingDavid said:

I don't see it for her but she's absolutely become The Queen of White People and that cannot be denied. 

:hoetenks: 

25 minutes ago, rzal said:

I can't decide if this is cringe or scary

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 5

27 minutes ago, rzal said:

the quotes/replies omfg :jonny5: 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

I don't understand how she's so big when the general public only know a few of her songs.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, rzal said:

People having fun? 

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, mariahcarey said:

I don't understand how she's so big when the general public only know a few of her songs.

That's literally not true 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Love Again said:

Serious question but why do these threads always turn into ‘she will surpass Madonna’ comments? :priceless: if the consensus is that Taylor and Madonna take up two different spaces in music then why the obsession of surpassing her. 

I think the statements being made are moreso in the vein of surpassing Madonna commercially. No popgirl past present or future will surpass Madonna as the ubiquitous QoP! But in terms of commercial prowess Taylor absolutely has something to say in becoming the most commercially successful female (and maybe) solo artist of all time.

4 hours ago, Dephira said:

I mean, thank you for proving the article right I guess 

? I'm not debating the article in any way

36 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

I can't decide if this is cringe or scary

They are having fun

What's worrying about that?

You guys are trying extremely hard. 

• Like 3

It still boggles my mind how ubiquitous this tour has made her.

I live in a German city with about 300k inhabitants, and inside the public buses here we have screens that display which stop is coming next etc. In between stops, these screens display local news (e.g. "Street festival in district XY draws dozens!" nn) and yesterday I was taking the bus and I kid you not, among all those local city news, they included the news of Taylor handing out the bonuses to her truck drivers for the Eras Tour.  :skull: 

It shocked me because they never display non-local, let alone pop culture news on there. It was just one of those moments that made me think "Wow, she is the 'thing' to talk about these days". Like she has become small talk material, something you can bond over with strangers with because there's a safe chance they'll be able to chime in on the subject. Last year it was Squid Game and Stranger Things S4; now it's Taylor. It's insane, but as a stan I couldn't be happier.

(It also has me pressed a bit though... people from my friend circle and work, complete casuals, are going to the Eras Tour just because it's "an event they don't wanna miss". Meanwhile I'm sitting here, an actual STAN with no tickets :emofish:)

Edited by RobDeWittBukater
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, RobDeWittBukater said:

It still boggles my mind how ubiquitous this tour has made her.

I live in a German city with about 300k inhabitants, and inside the public buses here we have screens that display which stop is coming next etc. In between stops, these screens display local news (e.g. "Street festival in district XY draws dozens!" nn) and yesterday I was taking the bus and I kid you not, among all those local city news, they included the news of Taylor handing out the bonuses to her truck drivers for the Eras Tour.  :skull: 

It shocked me because they never display non-local, let alone pop culture news on there. It was just one of those moments that made me think "Wow, she is the 'thing' to talk about these days". Like she has become small talk material, something you can bond over with strangers with because there's a safe chance they'll be able to chime in on the subject. Last year it was Squid Game and Stranger Things S4; now it's Taylor. It's insane, but as a stan I couldn't be happier.

(It also has me pressed a bit though... people from my friend circle and work, complete casuals, are going to the Eras Tour just because it's "an event they don't wanna miss". Meanwhile I'm sitting here, an actual STAN with no tickets :emofish:)

This!! It is even crazier in Southeast Asia, you would see random Taylor news on national new channel from her Joe breakup to her gifting truck driver 100K bonuses.

• Thanks 1

I don't understand this obsession with trying to be "bigger than Madonna".

Why do we have to bring down or mention Madonna in order to appreciate Taylor?

Is it a crime to like BOTH artists?

Explain please.

Now.

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

I don't understand this obsession with trying to be "bigger than Madonna".

Why do we have to bring down or mention Madonna in order to appreciate Taylor?

Is it a crime to like BOTH artists?

Explain please.

Now.

I mean, you literally made up the "bigger than Madonna" thing just now, because it doesn't say that in the article nor the thread title.

Is it a crime to read before typing an offended comment?

Explain please. 

Now. 

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

23 hours ago, Embustera said:

She was literally a nobody in my country a few years ago and now she is like one of the biggest Popstars here. It’s crazy. 

This is what’s baffling to me too, like even 2 years ago I didn’t hear anything about her :skull:

My friend said he was going to the tour and I was like ‘oh are you a fan?’ And he said ‘no but everyone seems to go so I’m going for the hype’ lmaooo, it feels like this tour in and of itself is more of a thing to go than Taylor herself (not true for her fans obviously)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

The stench of jealousy from certain fanbase :ahh: 

Beyhive? Their fave tour is being overshadowed and that tour has not given her back catalog a boost. :redface:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, rzal said:

:falcon:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dephira said:

I mean, you literally made up the "bigger than Madonna" thing just now, because it doesn't say that in the article nor the thread title.

Is it a crime to read before typing an offended comment?

Explain please. 

Now. 

Clearly I was referring to some of the replies in this thread, not what the article says.

Is it a crime to actually try to comprehend what someone is typing first before typing a statement such as the one you made?

Explain please.

Actually don't.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TayGod said:

I would compare her more to the Beatles and not Madonna or Michael Jackson. She is more a songwriter. She doesn't have to be sexualized to sell her music. She is more creative in that sense. The Beatles never took off their clothes. Bruce Springsteen didn't take off his clothes; The Rolling Stones didn't take off their clothes. These legends were all known for their songwriting. The same is true of Taylor.

Users like this have to be dupes and trolls trying to get Taylor fans dragged cause it's so overtly sexist and stupid. :deadbanana4:

Also :skull: at the suggestion that sex appeal wasn't a big factor of BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN'S image. Ask any woman in New Jersey born during the 60s and 70s who the sex symbol of their generation was. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Monster_Kid said:

Beyhive? Their fave tour is being overshadowed and that tour has not given her back catalog a boost. :redface:

We are all gonna cry at the fact shes gonna end up having the biggest female tour by a black, female artist by a huge margin. Such a let down.

Also seeing how any clip with Tay in comparison makes Bey look like a literally goddess in comparison.

So yeah, really sad day for us overall. Lol

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

Oh you know the article is right when we are getting the "Swifties should stop writing for NYT" or "but vanilla" or "but she has no hits" or "but nobody talks about her where I live". :clap3:

Honestly, Swifties should make a bingo about all of OTHs coping mechanisms and see who wins in each positive thread about Taylor. :dies:

Edited by Klein
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Cain said:

This is what’s baffling to me too, like even 2 years ago I didn’t hear anything about her :skull:

My friend said he was going to the tour and I was like ‘oh are you a fan?’ And he said ‘no but everyone seems to go so I’m going for the hype’ lmaooo, it feels like this tour in and of itself is more of a thing to go than Taylor herself (not true for her fans obviously)

I'm just like your friend. I know at most 6 songs by Taylor. I go to the concert with my niece and she is a real fan.

6 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Bey look like a literally goddess in comparison.

You guys still don't understand this is the reason Beyoncé is seen as unlikeable by 90% of today's generataion? Stop comparing her to some unreachable deity. Treat her like a human being, damn.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.