Sinead O'connor DRAGGED Israel's security minister in 1997

Jjang

364536546_7160839190598601_4095476266780

O'Connor was scheduled to perform at a festival organized by Israeli and Palestinian women in Jerusalem called “Two Capitals, Two States.” The performance did not take place because O'Connor had received a death threat, probably from Ben-Gvirs Kahanist organization "The Ideological Front" .
O'Connor stated, "Right-wing Jewish groups threatened to kill me and my band." Ben-Gvir did not own up to the threat, but boasted on Israeli radio that he and his supporters caused O'Connor's cancellation.

full post: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.instagram.com%2Fp%2FCvSJwJBoKz1%2F%3Figshid%3DMzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D%26fbclid%3DIwAR2zc4V7WZcvk7YKmBin8DpG1cOsjs0-nwEq9TsvoFHsjvKgyXv7XutlPEs&h=AT33JGFxdd5N5sOmBR2AHaL272_C-3-OZrzvOPy6QsWbZ-9IemoN2xuJJQf2EIBX2jyaxDeYH-OZaVtynsXx4pqwaGFMVpLwXohG0n2HlPyNhDU6qJabzZaDjaxlv6JGnCeot2e2UNJo2H-ZgMTWeQ

fight the real enemy! 

0F0NEz.gif

Edited by Jjang
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• ATRL Moderator

She was always very outspoken about her support for Palestine, even before her passing.

In 2014, she canceled a concert she was scheduled to play in Israel. She did so in protest at the major attack on Gaza that summer.

“Nobody with any sanity, including myself, would have anything but sympathy for the Palestinian plight,” she said at the time. “There’s not a sane person on earth who in any way sanctions what the **** the Israeli authorities are doing.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She will be missed...

She had such a tough life, though, and so I really hope wherever she is, she's doing better.

It's so sad that it took Sinead dying for people to supportive of her activism. When she was alive, they branded her crazy, and now everyone has a tribute. We didn't deserve her. I hope she's found peace. 💔

• Like 1

Will always love her

Queen.

0F0NEz.gif

So many reasons why what she did there was right.

5 minutes ago, kandicha said:

She was ahead of her time in so many ways. :heart2:

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1

I spent a lot of time looking into Sinead when her book came out a few years ago. It was one of the most educational, informative and inspiring experiences I’ve ever had from getting to know about an artist. Her intellect, empathy and compassion were honestly far too good for this planet. 

Edited by Joesuxx

1 hour ago, Joesuxx said:

I spent a lot of time looking into Sinead when her book came out a few years ago. It was one of the most educational, informative and inspiring experiences I’ve ever had from getting to know about an artist. Her intellect, empathy and compassion were honestly far too good for this planet. 

where do u recommend one should start? id like to get more into her 

46 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

where do u recommend one should start? id like to get more into her 

Probably the book Rememberings - I feel it shifts everything else when you hear it from her perspective. The film nothing compares is good. But there are so many interviews that are fascinating. She cropped up in a few Shane McGowan docs that were also well worth the watch - crock of gold especially. It’s just trying to find content that’s in her own words. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.