Desantis’s biggest donor leaves him, says he is “too radical and extreme”

Bears01

Billionaire and billionaire-adjacent conservatives like their bigotry to be subtle and coded in dogwhistles as opposed to the direct form of DeSantis and his campaign. They see blatant Nazi imagery as bad for business (whereas the rest of us see it as pure evil). 

Love watching Con's campaign implode though :clap3:

Edited by Aston Martin
  • Like 12

was just going to post this LOL 

JustLikeHoney
44 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

Billionaire and billionaire-adjacent conservatives like their bigotry to be subtle and coded in dogwhistles as opposed to the direct form of DeSantis and his campaign. They see blatant Nazi imagery as bad for business (whereas the rest of us see it as pure evil). 

Love watching Con's campaign implode though :clap3:

Nazi flags flown next to DeSantis banners and advocating that slavery is like a job apprenticeship to be taught in schools is enough for every big donor to back out. 

i mean he was out here talking about slitting throats of bureaucrats …. he’s a little cuckoo birds !!!!!

• Like 3

Even Trump pandered a big to the opposing side when he was campaigning, does DeSantis think he’s going to be the next president literally walking around talking like a neo-nazi :deadbanana4:

This guy was nearly tied with Trump in polls and then waited six months before announcing and then blowing up his own campaign spectacularly. He needed to:

Announce earlier

Respectfully attack Trump/his electability early on cause no one’s winning a presidential primary by being weak and deferential

Not signed the abortion ban

Not posted weird Nazi ****

Had some charisma

However I think he has a persecution fetish and probably spends too much time browsing far-right spaces online. His campaign was DOA.

I just think he thinks the #1 hot topic in America is woke ideology, and that's basically the platform he's running on.  On a national stage, that's a losing strategy.  They lost on abortion at the midterms, and they'll lose again on trans rights in the general.  

TikTok and IG blow things up to a point you think they are bigger issues than they actually are.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, spree said:

I just think he thinks the #1 hot topic in America is woke ideology, and that's basically the platform he's running on.  On a national stage, that's a losing strategy.  They lost on abortion at the midterms, and they'll lose again on trans rights in the general.  

TikTok and IG blow things up to a point you think they are bigger issues than they actually are.

I agree with this. In Michigan, trans and wokeness and “furries in schools” were the issues they ran on in 2022 to counteract the fact that abortion was going to be at the top of the ballot in the state, and it bombed spectacularly. Michigan is a big bellwether state, it does a good job of representing what can win in a general, and…..

People forget so much on why trump won in 2016. He didn’t win on “fighting wokeness”. He won on stopping corruption, stop outsourcing jobs, and tougher immigration (immigration is one of the few issues I think the GOP does a better job of connecting to the normies of America on). 

Of course it was all bs and there’s not really any other republican politician that can replicate trump, but it’s just the facts 

I love that he spent 20 million dollars on this that were just flushed down the toilet :clap3: though imagine all the good things he could’ve done with that money. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.