Monopoly movie in the works at Lionsgate

genetic fail

Barbie’s impact :alexz:

• Thumbs Down 2

…does monopoly have lore?

It will be another corny movie about rich people like The Menu and Glass Onion

• Thumbs Down 1

Since they’re on a roll can they do Cluedo/Guess Who Knives Out-esque movie next

As for Monopoly, I could see something in the vein of The Wolf of Wall Street working.

Edited by Gossip_Boy

This is dungeons and dragons impact yup!

7 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

It will be another corny movie about rich people like The Menu and Glass Onion

Both serves tbh

• Like 1

Not a big fan of live action movies when characters of the source material are animated (cause I just can't imagine a human version) but I am HERE for this

2 minutes ago, Zaram said:

People really hate original stories, huh?

Well this will be an original story with the context of a toy like Barbie. I think audiences these days just like a frame of reference for things and are afraid to watch something truly original

For it to work it needs to be an F You to capitalism which I can never see Hollywood doing well or seriously without a huge amount of hypocrisy

13 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

Well this will be an original story with the context of a toy like Barbie. I think audiences these days just like a frame of reference for things and are afraid to watch something truly original

But they are still jumping on the safe net of a popular brand.

But I agree, its probably a mix of the audience not trying out truly original movies and companies trying to be safe and not have a flop on their hand.

I absolutely love the idea of this and I'm curious about the execution, and if it'll be similar to Clue or Jumanji with an immersive world-building.

Incoming box office flop

I rather have this than another remake from the 90s

We are finally getting new stories, not the same remake crap over and over again

• Thanks 1

1% chance to be the next Barbie, 99% chance to be the next Battleship (feat. Rihanna)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

I absolutely love the idea of this and I'm curious about the execution, and if it'll be similar to Clue or Jumanji with an immersive world-building.

Tbh, it could be a serve. Very dependent on the creatives behind it and the cast, tho. 

Timothée Chalamet with a white mustache :clap3:

38 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

Same! I was gonna say if it has a Jumanji like world it'd be awesome :duca:

If its Lionsgate then that's the one with Kevin Hart and he's still listed as the lead

:redface:

OMG, if they explore this correctly and clearly show the poverty you begin at and the opportunity to get to Boardwalk and all inbetween, this could be GENIUS. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.