Kylie wants Margot to play her in biopic; To win Oscar?

nostalgia

Speaking to E! Online, Minogue said that should a biopic focused on the Australian singer-songwriter’s life be green-lit, she would cast a fellow Australian actress as herself. The top candidate currently, is Barbie star Margot Robbie.

“Margot Robbie in my dreams. She’d have the Australian accent down, that’s for sure,” Minogue told E! Online. A Kylie Minogue biopic has not been announced.

Elsewhere in the interview, Minogue spoke of who she would love collaborate with in music. “Most collaborations I’ve done have come to me, so I haven’t had to make that decision,” she said. “But whoever I work with. There’s always something to learn.” However, she did go on to name Beyoncéand Rihanna as dream collaborations.

Kylie Minogue most recently announced her first-ever Las Vegas residency at the new Voltaire nightclub at The Venetian between November and January.

kylie-minogue-margot-robbie@2000x1270-13

https://www.nme.com/news/film/kylie-minogue-wants-margot-robbie-to-play-her-in-a-biopic-3476869

• Like 1

no shade at all cause I don't know her but does she have an interesting life story? I never heard anything about her personal life at all

1 minute ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

no shade at all cause I don't know her but does she have an interesting life story? I never heard anything about her personal life at all

she had breast cancer during a career resurgence which I’m pretty sure is the reason she can’t have kids.

Edited by Minogue

8 minutes ago, Minogue said:

she had breast cancer during a career resurgence which I’m pretty sure is the reason she can’t have kids.

….i don’t wanna seem rude but that’s hardly unique

• Thumbs Down 2

I don't understand the scope of this film. With all my love for Kylie, her story is more suitable for a TV movie.

A story of a pop singer that wanted to try to break out of the norms of what pop music is supposed to be after years of growing up with making her music to then be damaged by the sound change and abandoned by the fans to come back as the queen of dancefloor that managed to overcome many life obstacles in her private life like her love life, health struggles and more.

A story inspired by Kylie. The one and only. Aphrodite. Starring the global phenomenon, Margot Robbie.

:giraffe:

• Like 7

I don't understand people here, there's a lot to tell about her life and career and lot we probably don't know. 

They made a very fun and interesting movie about Celine Dion Life. You just need great writers and good directors and you can have It.

From some comment seems like if you're not a drug and sex addicted artist you're not interesting. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

It would be so good if the biopic is center around her commercial comeback in the early 2000s :jonny:

It's not a Kylie biopic without CGYOOMH (or maybe sprinkle some I Should Be So Lucky in the late 80s flashback)

Michaell Hutchence's funeral scene would be a trip

8102e80bd6d5c7deb68113a6b2ac2176.jpeg

Edited by popmusicisdead
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Minogue said:

omg... that's so sad

ACT I, 80s, I Should Be So Lucky

The perks of fame, money, music.

ACT II, 90s, Confide In Me

The growth of insecurities, wanting to explore her art, commercial failure. Love life.

ACT III, 00s, Spinning Around

The comeback of the disco queen. But also facing health problems.

ACT IV, 10s, Aphrodite

Winning the fight for her health, spreading love with her music.

And there's so much that we don't know. I would love to see a movie about Kylie. :giraffe:

• Like 4

A Legend Kylie biopic would be such a moment, this woman continues to shine and deserves all of the acclaim she keeps collecting every year for her hard work and talent. Her story is quite a mystery as she’s always been quite private, which is another part of her brand that’s really served her well. She is such a role model for all the Kylie’s out there, even if some of them struggle to possess the presence and talents of Legend Kylie (tm)  :clap3:

spacer.png

Edited by Slap
  • Like 1

Isn't a biopic supposed to have the subject be more popular than the actor who is portraying them? No shade to Kylie, but Margot is well and truly outshining you love.

• Thumbs Down 6

The framing of this isn’t fair. Kylie is not the kind of ego to volunteer this information unless specifically asked this hypothetical. 

I personally don’t see the marketability of this outside the UK and Australia, which unless this is a smaller budget, isn’t worth it - and I say that as a fan.

She certainly has had a drama-filled roller coaster life but only for the pop culture worlds that followed it and cared about it since the ‘80s.

Also the elephant in the room is several artists younger and older than her make Kylie’s life seem like sweet nothing and are her drama on steroids but are less likely to get authorized versions that spill everything precisely because of legal restrictions, such as Britney Spears.

Kylie’s Neighbors Jason Donavan era, her Micheal Hutchence drug-fueled era, her Stéphane Sednaoui road-trip era, the early 2000s peak, the breast cancer, the tabloid backlash, the tabloid comeback, her other cheating vulture exes starting in the early 2000’s.

They’re not nothing, but the problem is that in the social-media era, even in AUS and the UK, it’s indicative of a relatively wealthy, quaint life behind the scenes that wasn’t completely off the rails. She’s also never been nearly as revealing about how she’s felt about her exes cheating, or love, or sex generally, as Madonna.

If we’re going to have something worth watching, Kylie would need to reveal more of her feelings than she ever has about multiple personal matters, which especially with her exes, she hasn’t done nor will ever do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.