3yr US fed student loan interest pause lifts in Sept, full payments return in October

Espresso

11 minutes ago, Juanny said:

Didn't he forgive a portion of loans just a few months ago? Just clawing back some of that cash now, I guess...

Yes, $39 billion for 804,000 borrowers that were part of the income-driven repayment plans. Remaining debt cancelled depending on when they borrowed and their loan and plan type for those that had already made payments for 20 or 25 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juanny said:

Didn't he forgive a portion of loans just a few months ago? Just clawing back some of that cash now, I guess...

No. These two things are not connected.

Part of the debt ceiling bill that Republicans forced was that payments with interest had to start back up again. Republicans were going to shut down the gov't and cause a global economic collapse if they did not have this in the bill.

I am curious to know what would happen if Biden admin just ignored this **** lol. Ignore the GOP, ignore SCOTUS like SCOTUS is ignoring everyone else? They have control over this; just simply stop accepting payments. Have some software engineer go in and **** up the code lol. "Oops, sorry, we can not take payments right now because of a bug in our system." "OOps, a system bug is keeping us from being able to calculate interest". :rip:

But currently Biden and his team are looking at another way to try and erase student debt. Let us see what they come up with next.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Part of the debt ceiling bill that Republicans forced was that payments with interest had to start back up again. Republicans were going to shut down the gov't and cause a global economic collapse if they did not have this in the bill.

I am curious to know what would happen if Biden admin just ignored this **** lol. Ignore the GOP, ignore SCOTUS like SCOTUS is ignoring everyone else? They have control over this; just simply stop accepting payments. Have some software engineer go in and **** up the code lol. "Oops, sorry, we can not take payments right now because of a bug in our system." "OOps, a system bug is keeping us from being able to calculate interest". :rip:

But currently Biden and his team are looking at another way to try and erase student debt. Let us see what they come up with next.

I’m very pleased to see Biden and his admin continue to try to find ways to help with this issue. It just sucks we have the gop putting road blocks up in any way they can. 

if bIden didn’t want to help with this issue (like many here say) he would simply drop the issue and stop trying. 

2 hours ago, Sannie said:

There's debate over whether that was the be all end all as part of the package or some separate issues with that included.

I think we were answering @Juanny's  question in two different ways - either that or I didn't understand their original question.

The only other card Biden has which he's currently playing which will also fail at SCOTUS is to cite the 1965 Higher Education Act instead of the 2003 HEROES Act he already tried.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.