Gay Man Stabbed to Death in Brooklyn for Vogueing

BOOMBAYAH

I mean there are anti-LGBT bigots in all religions.. more less in some.. Traditional religion is a cancer :cm:

RIP, angel who was just enjoying life and having fun without harming anyone 

• Like 2

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• ugo

• Embustera

• Selaphiel

8 minutes ago, Daddy said:

That you don't need religion to be a good person. Look what it does to people. Quite the opposite! A man was killed in the name of your god. It's disgusting and vile that you're in here defending the system that kills so many people FOR. NO. DAMN. REASON. 

Report me as much as you want, but you are part of the problem. Religion kills us. 

d474d7b7e24583c5b7517daa22f0f936.gif

You are not going to use this beautiful black man’s death for your own hidden agenda. You are a disgusting person! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 14

2 minutes ago, Embustera said:

You are not going to use this beautiful black man’s death for your own hidden agenda. You are a disgusting person! 

I don't. I didn't kill him. That was someone else. I just pointed out the obvious: The fact that religion is the reason for most homo- and transphobic murders. 

I didn't specify any religion because they're all the same to me. All I see is you defending the system that killed that man. I'm sick of it. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Tragic. We still have a long way to go if people are being killed for dancing. The real mental illness is in wanting to take life simply for doing something that has nothing to do with yours. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Embustera said:

Not you thinking his death is beautiful ouu reported

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

homophobia stemming from Islamic communities is a massive problem in Western society. Just saying. It’s stuff like this that makes me understand why people are still scared to come out. Hope that the people who did this to him get sentenced for life.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, playboi said:

it's not gonna happen when the Quran and other religious scriptures have been actively teaching people to hate and hurt others

1 hour ago, playboi said:

you shouldn’t need religion for that :bibliahh:

It's so interesting that anti-SJW types sound no different than the above user and that they made their whole MO that you can't convince people of something by having harsh or strict beliefs that ostracize people and that "wokescolding' would only push people to reactionaries like Andrew Tate (irony being anti-SJWs likely have caused this mess to begin with over the years), yet when on the subject of religion, the idea of compromise is seen as "defending people who want you dead" and the way to reform Muslims is apparently to berate them and degrade them and call them all savages who deserve to be deported. The person the above user quoted has done nothing to endorse nor defend the homophobic views and even suggested they want their religion to reformed to be more progressive and understanding and they're met with mockery and taunting. 

Why is it wrong for someone to find their religion can teach them to be a good person? Why does someone who feels that way deserves to be mocked, especially if for example they believe their religion taught them to accept LGBT people and can do so for others?

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 14

any update on the killer? will he be charged as an adult? 

42 minutes ago, Communion said:

It's so interesting that anti-SJW types sound no different than the above user and that they made their whole MO that you can't convince people of something by having harsh or strict beliefs that ostracize people and that "wokescolding' would only push people to reactionaries like Andrew Tate (irony being anti-SJWs likely have caused this mess to begin with over the years), yet when on the subject of religion, the idea of compromise is seen as "defending people who want you dead" and the way to reform Muslims is apparently to berate them and degrade them and call them all savages who deserve to be deported. The person the above user quoted has done nothing to endorse nor defend the homophobic views and even suggested they want their religion to reformed to be more progressive and understanding and they're met with mockery and taunting. 

Why is it wrong for someone to find their religion can teach them to be a good person? Why does someone who feels that way deserves to be mocked, especially if for example they believe their religion taught them to accept LGBT people and can do so for others?

The issue with your logic is that everything is just peachy with religion IF it is used to respect all humanity. The issue is that for religious people, humanity is subjective and always will be. This is of course because you can justify anything in the name of religion because it is not not ever will be based in objective truth or fact. It is rooted in fallacy and feeling. 

• Like 1

That murderer is disgusting! Hopefully Bey tributes him at the RWT. 

19 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

The issue is that for religious people, humanity is subjective and always will be. 

New Atheism and large subsets of TERFs are both easily named examples of far-right movements of people that are largely irreligous.

TERFs for example don't use mysticism to defend their hatred. They use the same logic as the religious when arguing things have specific essences yet point to logical fallacies like "natural order" for their essentialist views. 

This is why progressive atheists like myself have issue with this framing you've done because it conflates why or how people become irreligious. I became irreligious as a product of being confronted with social constructivist thinking that showed me that any ideology rooted in essentialist thinking was flawed. Being irreligious didn't make me progressive. 

And so it feels actually unproductive focusing the conversation on that "all" religions (yet largely one is targeted) are bad instead of arguing how the actual topics discussed aren't as claimed because our world isn't essentialist but a combination of social constructions (why can't Allah love gays? If there are gay Muslims, then that must mean if there is Allah that Allah loves gays). *BECAUSE* it is SO easy for people to abandon religion yet still follow essentialist ideologies like how so many users on here claim to be atheists yet sound like neo-nazis any time immigrantion is brought up and go on rants like "THE BEAUTIFUL CIVILIZED EUROPEAN WAY OF LIFE MUST BE PROTECTED FROM THE BARBARISM OF THE MOOSLEM EAST BECAUSE SOME CULTURES ARE JUST INHERENTLY LESS HUMANE THAN OTHERS!!!!" :rip:

Edgy atheists or "skeptics" have been an online force since like 2012 and have only fueled and helped the far-right in the past decade, not kept people away from them. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 8

I mean just look at all the YouTube channels and tik toks daily bashing lgbtq+ community for views. Incorporating religion in the mix for views. Hypocrites. 

RIP king

Edited by GeeDuval

8 hours ago, Pacify Him said:

By Muslims no less! Where’s the outrage? ATRL wants to keep quiet it seems

If we look at what's going on in the EU, we know it WILL happen in america too.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

33 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

I mean just look at all the YouTube channels and tik toks daily bashing lgbtq+ community for views. Incorporating religion in the mix for views. Hypocrites. 

RIP king

its really revolting.  How people can hate gays so much is beyond me.  99% of us don't even want or have anything to do with kids.  And then the gay baiting from the IG guys to get followers is another issue.  Way out of control.

Rip :heart2:

The world is vile :cries:

1 hour ago, XAMJ said:

If we look at what's going on in the EU, we know it WILL happen in america too.

I pray for all of our gay brothers all over the world. Not just the US, but our EU brothers too :heart2:

38 minutes ago, Chasing Comet said:

Rip :heart2:

The world is vile :cries:

The world truly isn't vile. There are lots of things to love about our world. It's just that their religion is what is currently wrong about our world at the moment. With all the hatred and the murders they keep committing in our modern society

Edited by Pacify Him
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

5 hours ago, Communion said:

Brand new users overtly familiar with a section of ATRL that used to be largely hidden to guests hmmmm. 

Yes, honey. I’m quite familiar with this section which has been visible for guests for months. I used to lurk a lot. Got a problem? I’m also familiar with you. You’re quite infamous for demonizing Israelis and being overly protective of Muslim extremists.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

3 hours ago, Communion said:

New Atheism and large subsets of TERFs are both easily named examples of far-right movements of people that are largely irreligous.

TERFs for example don't use mysticism to defend their hatred. They use the same logic as the religious when arguing things have specific essences yet point to logical fallacies like "natural order" for their essentialist views. 

This is why progressive atheists like myself have issue with this framing you've done because it conflates why or how people become irreligious. I became irreligious as a product of being confronted with social constructivist thinking that showed me that any ideology rooted in essentialist thinking was flawed. Being irreligious didn't make me progressive. 

And so it feels actually unproductive focusing the conversation on that "all" religions (yet largely one is targeted) are bad instead of arguing how the actual topics discussed aren't as claimed because our world isn't essentialist but a combination of social constructions (why can't Allah love gays? If there are gay Muslims, then that must mean if there is Allah that Allah loves gays). *BECAUSE* it is SO easy for people to abandon religion yet still follow essentialist ideologies like how so many users on here claim to be atheists yet sound like neo-nazis any time immigrantion is brought up and go on rants like "THE BEAUTIFUL CIVILIZED EUROPEAN WAY OF LIFE MUST BE PROTECTED FROM THE BARBARISM OF THE MOOSLEM EAST BECAUSE SOME CULTURES ARE JUST INHERENTLY LESS HUMANE THAN OTHERS!!!!" :rip:

Edgy atheists or "skeptics" have been an online force since like 2012 and have only fueled and helped the far-right in the past decade, not kept people away from them. 

Because it's ridiculous to think that some religions are going to be reformed.

8 minutes ago, Selaphiel said:

demonizing Israelis 

"Reactionary and conservative religious thought is EVIL and BAD EXCEPT when it instructs people to build an ethno-state"

Hmmmmm

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, ugo said:

Because it's ridiculous to think that some religions are going to be reformed.

Hmmmmm

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Communion said:

"Reactionary and conservative religious thought is EVIL and BAD EXCEPT when it instructs people to build an ethno-state"

Hmmmmm

There’s a difference between criticizing a country’s policies and saying it should be erased from the map and demonizing its people as a whole.

Anyway, I have two suggestions. 1. The thread should be retitled to ‘Black gay teenager stabbed to death by Muslim terrorist’. 2. The person abusing the report button should be revoked of such privilege.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 5

Islam doing her thing again 

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 3

Hope they find the people who killed him and lock them up. Poor guy wasn’t bothering anyone 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.