• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• réveuse

• awesomepossum

• Starchild

• CroNich

6 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

Wow. What kind of infantile logic is this? I don’t know why hot takes like this still surprise me, but they really do.

Nothing you said amounts to irrefutable fact.

I’m not even going to bat for Lizzo per se, but until the evidence is laid out in a proper setting, it’s not smart to declare her guilty because x number of people said so. Fired (and thus disgruntled) employees at that. 

To reduce this to its most basic example, if you and a group of former friends fallout and they spread a bunch of rumors about you, are they true just because they said so? Or is evidence not required?! 

Logic, people. Logic.

It is so sad how stupid people are, especially here. They literally just go on any emotional reaction and believe what they read. And maybe it is right. We don’t know. But people can’t seem to understand that you wait until the evidence and case is concluded to make a decision and see what happens. People think that is sympathizing with a bad person for some reason or making an excuse when its just using your brain 💀 If it backfires and the accusers did make it all up then suddenly they will flip and love her again and pretend they never made all those stupid declarations without more evidence

people also still don’t get everyone is out first and foremost to keep their own image clean. If they were affiliated with her in any way guilty or not many might be immediately jumping to joining in on the hate band wagon to try to get ahead of themselves before others come for them for supporting her in the past. Especially when you see how people just instantly declare the accused guilty and hate them even if evidence says otherwise. 

also, even if another person says lizzo was mean or something to then that doesn’t mean she is ALSO guilty in this case for a completely seperate issue 😂 

many here would get DESTROYED in a court room. 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

You know she can’t really say anything ? If she apologizes then she loses the case. She said what she could within her limits. I’m not defending her but people expecting her to go into detail or apologize aren’t realistic. This isn’t as simple as a few people bad mouthing her. They are suing her. 

I'm not a lawyer yet I'm in law school still but you're right, the smartest thing would've been for her not to say anything at all to begin with actually. It just made people look at her worse.

What she should've done is had her lawyer or publicist say "Lizzo is very disappointed to hear the allegations against her. She is deeply saddened at the ordeal but we will prove that these allegations against her are false" something like that obviously better worded since I'm typing it quick but yea

she should have saved the notes apology if not simply for the fact people don't know the law and will think she's just trying to dodge the allegations and notes apologies are looked at badly now too 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Yellowfever said:

she’s over 

They seem pretty confident. Still people here will call these women liars and side with the rich celebrity they like.

obviously some people will be gross and use it because they didn't like her to begin with  but thats with every celebrity sadly

Edited by Starchild
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Yellowfever said:

she’s over 

She is DONE done

1 hour ago, Yellowfever said:

she’s over 

You touched a boob during a sex show in Amsterdam. It could be unconfortable to you, but stop implying you were the victim of sexual abuse, that actually is disrespctful to actual survivors. #imwithlizzo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

Im so here for people taking actions against hostile work environments. I’ll be following up close and root for the dancers, as most of the world is. 

• Like 2

Remember when Lea Michelle was DONE DONE CANCELLED only to have an have an acclaimed Broadway show one year later... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Onyxmage said:

Its gonna be funny when Lizzo writes them a big FAT check and all of the sudden they go silent. :dies:  She'll be fine.

Not my post being reported. :ahh: Are we not allowed to give our opinion on this site anymore? What is happening? :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, JohnCrawford said:

Remember when Lea Michelle was DONE DONE CANCELLED only to have an have an acclaimed Broadway show one year later... 

She didn't book any tv or movie roles tho so that only counts for people that live in NY.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JungleJuice said:

She didn't book any tv or movie roles tho so that only counts for people that live in NY.

You do know that planes, cars, and trains exist. :heart:

49 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

You do know that planes, cars, and trains exist. :heart:

I want more don't you :giraffe:

OT: it's gonna be really hard for lizzo to employ people now. Who wants to work for that especially now!

Edited by JungleJuice

:skull:

How can you sue someone for harassment?

Try doing that in any corporate workplace here in America.:jonny3:

Edited by HBK-79
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

not Jameela Jamil supporting her, she IS over :ahh:

10 hours ago, Onyxmage said:

The way Lizzo isn’t even phased by this. :deadbanana2:

As she shouldn’t be. 

You know this is all a mess when one of the dancers is now bringing up the fact that her team went from mostly black to now “all white” and how they treated them differently. 

Im seeing this saga divert into multiple different topics and I can’t keep up 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I am reserving judgment on the situation fully until the court decides/facts emerge. I will say though that, in watching Arianna speak on her experiences, she was a rambling mess. She doesn’t have media training, so I get it, but she kept telling these lengthy anecdotes about her feelings.

She talks about how she felt like there was pressure, how she felt like they were saying she gained weight, how she felt like Lizzo was against her, etc.

She even said about the sex club that they were chanting her name, so she had to touch the performer. No you didn’t, sweetie. She said Lizzo never outright called her fat; it was very “nuanced.” What does that mean? 

Even reading the filing in the OP, it’s all very wishy-washy. There aren’t a lot of solid facts that evidence wrongdoing. They even asked her why she didn’t say anything until the tour was over; she talkin bout well I had time to think of how I was being taken advantage of. 

if you have a case and say something happened to you, always be very clear on when, who was there, what happened, etc. document everything! Feelings are important, but they need to stand on facts. You can’t prosecute somebody because you “felt” like they were saying bad things to you.

Did someone harass you and call you fat at work? Did someone tell you if you didn’t go to the sex club, you would be out of a job? Who? When? We need FACTS. 

Edited by Keter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

5 minutes ago, Keter said:

She even said about the sex club that they were chanting her name, so she had to touch the performer. No you didn’t, sweetie. She said Lizzo never outright called her fat; it was very “nuanced.” What does that mean? 

Even reading the filing in the OP, it’s all very wishy-washy. There aren’t a lot of solid facts that evidence wrongdoing. They even asked her why she didn’t say anything until the tour was over; she talkin bout well I had time to think of how I was being taken advantage of. 

This. she wasn't forced to do anything. I've had coworkers slap my ass, grab my d*ck and comment on my weight gain before (all in a "playful" way) and, although of course it was wrong, I just brushed it off and moved on... 

18 hours ago, brazil said:

You touched a boob during a sex show in Amsterdam. It could be unconfortable to you, but stop implying you were the victim of sexual abuse, that actually is disrespctful to actual survivors. #imwithlizzo

Touching ones boobs is sexual abuse. Sexual abuse comes in many ranges from minor to severe.

• Like 1

I dug a bit more into this and while some of the things Lizzo allegedly did are a little questionable, I fail to see how that makes her a criminal. Call her a hypocrite, a nightmare to work for etc but taking her to the court bc a dancer thought that pissing on herself was the only way she'd have kept her job is extreme.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Some of you are just flat out dumb huh?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.