Azealia Banks drags Lady Gaga and praises Nicki Minaj

KatyPrismSpirit

I do remember how VILE and incredibly RACIST were some of the little monsters towards her back in 2013. Posting pictures of black women being lynched and tagging her. I don't think anyone has come close to that, in my 10+ years following Stan culture. This is why little monsters remain the most disgusting fan base ever 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImsoLOUD

• KatyPrismSpirit

• LOTF

• ICLDXU4HS

On 8/1/2023 at 10:18 AM, FOCK said:

She absolutely did not lie. 

Nicki is a marketing maverick & those that don’t get it, credit it, or understand just how MUCH she’s done for the genre, just how expertly she manoeuvred through an industry that didn’t want her to succeed, or just how powerful the seemingly innocuous decision to throw on a blond wig & stand alongside & challenge the archetype of the biggest pop stars was, in spite of everyone around her advising her against it, is either ignorant, wasn’t alive, or is simply seething. 

White artists in general, get a pass for their messiness - they get the benefit of the doubt, the empathy, the nuances applied, the “oh she was going through a dark time” - whereas black women are just not afforded the same graces  - and y’all don’t realise how covertly racist & dehumanising that is. Or maybe you do. 

Idk Britney Spears never got that empathy but there's certainly a different standard being upheld for black women so I'm not trying to take that away at all;

I just don't think your point is very clear because it seems to minimize the issues of white women which are unfortunately also real. Diluting white women's issues won't make black women's issues seem more real; at worst it makes the whole argument feel less valid and at best it makes black women's issues seem less big than they are in reality.

White women's issues are real, black women's issues are even more in quantity and just as real.

Edited by kataraqueen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

Idk Britney Spears never got that empathy but there's certainly a different standard being upheld for black women so I'm not trying to take that away at all;

I just don't think your point is very clear because it seems to minimize the issues of white women which are unfortunately also real. Diluting white women's issues won't make black women's issues seem more real; at worst it makes the whole argument feel less valid and at best it makes black women's issues seem less big than they are in reality.

White women's issues are real, black women's issues are even more in quantity and just as real.

I see how it may be interpreted as such, but the intent isn’t to suggest that people belittle white women, that would be misogynistic, dismissive and cruel. I mean for people to check their double standard when it comes to black women & just be morally consistent.

That said, it’s entirely appropriate to criticise Gaga in this instance for dismissing Azealia’s creative input over the fact that she denied her request to instigate a beef with another black artist on a song, and then went on to announce to her legion of fans that “she has a bad attitude”.

Edited by FOCK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, LOTF said:

I do remember how VILE and incredibly RACIST were some of the little monsters towards her back in 2013. Posting pictures of black women being lynched and tagging her. I don't think anyone has come close to that, in my 10+ years following Stan culture. This is why little monsters remain the most disgusting fan base ever 

Screaming. Why was this reported? It is factually true 💀

• Thumbs Down 4

It's time for Azealia Banks to move on. Cupcakke replaced her.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LOTF said:

Not this one too 💀 lmao

Some users truly have no life smh

• Thumbs Down 2

the way you know it's bad when some fandoms run to Azealia Banks of all people to drag anyone

:nicole:

• Like 1

In 6 months, Azealia will switch on Nicki.

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 8/1/2023 at 12:54 PM, luckythisway said:

Are the alleged 2011 text messages in the room with us? It’s been 12 years since these texts that she obviously doesn’t have, and a decade since Gaga scrapped her ass from ARTPOP… let’s get a grip :bird:

wasn't she mentioning 2012 messages last year?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

In 6 months, Azealia will switch on Nicki.

spacer.png

Azealia is truely the queen of existinng in multitudes. A Genuine Gemini Girl. No one is above criticism and just cause you dislike something about someone doesn’t mean you can’t praise something else about them

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

48 minutes ago, FOCK said:

I see how it may be interpreted as such, but the intent isn’t to suggest that people belittle white women, that would be misogynistic, dismissive and cruel. I mean for people to check their double standard when it comes to black women & just be morally consistent.

That said, it’s entirely appropriate to criticise Gaga in this instance for dismissing Azealia’s creative input over the fact that she denied her request to instigate a beef with another black artist on a song, and then went on to announce to her legion of fans that “she has a bad attitude”.

Yess totally agree and the whole issue is exacerbated by the fact that nicki was accused of copying lady gaga because she was wearing colorful wigs as if doing this as a rapper wasn't a hugely unique thing on its own. I don't wanna go too much off topic, but when did lady gaga serve BARBIE like nicki did? The comparisons were entirely misogynistic and shallow imo and nicki deserves all of her flowers because she really did what had to be done for female rap. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I can't help but love her, esp. as a fellow gemini. she's a very interesting writer and visionary - wish she delivered on the musical front more often and stayed off social media for her sake

azealia-banks-yelling.gif

• Like 1

I’m sorry but even though she’s crazy and serves loon, I just find her drags so funny :dies: 

I also wonder how truthful these drags are. Like Azealia is not a reliable source but her claims mixed with Justin Tranter’s and the way Gaga reacted to Katy in 2013… I wouldn’t be shocked if Gaga was saying something about Nicki. 

But none of these girls have provided receipts, so it’s all hearsay until someone fires the gun. 

Azealia reminds me of Elon Musk except without any money. 

Elon is so bitter and warped that he spent 44 billion dollars to buy an established valuable brand only to rename it X because his ego is SO BIG that he can’t stand he was fired for trying to name PayPal X back in the day and he CANNOT let it go. 

Azealia was dropped and she cannot let it go and she never will. She can be brilliant, but her maturity and professionalism are so low she will scream to get attention but nobody is listening. 

The biggest loser in the history of female rap or pop music in general. Azealia sounds like a schizophrenic anytime she tries to "make a point!" about Gaga or Nicki or whoever she's ranting to her 5 fans about.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

21 minutes ago, besaid said:

The biggest loser in the history of female rap or pop music in general. Azealia sounds like a schizophrenic anytime she tries to "make a point!" about Gaga or Nicki or whoever she's ranting to her 5 fans about.

not only is she objectively not the biggest loser in female rap(... and idk why you said pop--nothing about azaelia has ever been pop), her music is constantly ranked in best of lists. And shes inspired a plethora of new and old artists. And saying someone who clearly and openly struggles with mental health issues "sounds like a schizophrenic" is a whole new level of big loser energy.

Well post them, post those screenshots, do it :isudumblmao: she’ll drag nicki next month while bopping to scheiße

4 hours ago, LOTF said:

4 hours ago, LOTF said:

Not this one too 💀 lmao

Some users truly have no life smh

spacer.png

OT: Why is this one IG rant from her getting so much attention lol. Wasn't she dragging Nicki not too long ago? :rip:

• Haha 1

A whole thread of idiotic responses in the most lukewarm, banal, expected way. :rip: Y'all think she doesn't just write these spiels purposefully to piss off online gays? Y'all bite every. single. time. :toofunny3:

Anyway she made several points.

• Thanks 1

She made no points cuz she’s a deranged lunatic, She will turn on Nicki again next week.I’m sick of the “she made a point” narrative she is talented but clearly need some help.

She is literally talking to herself at this point :priceless: she has talent but I have never seeen an artist ruin such potential 

• Like 1

Lady Gaga is New York Italian of course she's racist :thing:

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.