Madonna outed by pianist in new interview

wanderlust

One of the many Madonna collaborators praising her knowledge in music and how she's so creative and in charge of literally EVERYTHING.

Such a shame this woman is still so under-appreciated as a musician.

"we play the first three songs, she says " I had two bars here switch that after the bridge, go back to the intro, she did all these musical changes and I looked at her like this all makes sense. it's so musical. it's so much better. it made me realise how musical she is.

throughout the times working with her, she's not just thinking of the music, she's thinking of lighting, she's thinking of the flow of the song, the show, the dancing, the choreography, costumes hair make up, lighting.. it made me realise how much of a bigger picture each of our jobs are.. you think no one will notice if you make a change, but you're messing up the lighting if you decide to wear a hat that night, without telling anyone you're messing up the lighting guy because I'm in shadow.. you realise how every single piece of every single member on tour is so important. She knows everything. you create this puzzle that at the end of the night you solve. but in her head, not only was it musical, it's the bigger picture.

ive always wanted to work with someone who will challenge me like that and make me grow and make me a better musician and performer. every single madonna tour is like a class to me and I learn so much from her.

Edited by wanderlust
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

She cut her teeth playing in bands, writing songs and learning different instruments, so when she actually got famous she had the music chops to back it up. It's one of the main reasons she's lasted so long wbk

Edited by Pop Life
  • Like 3

WBK, shes a legend, a control freak, and a master of her craft!

• Like 1

A vocalist and a musician :heart:

Not enough people realize her talent goes beyond her performance skills 

• Like 4

She’s absolutely beyond. 

• Like 2

JustLikeHoney

She's been around for forty years. Obviously a dedicated focused and naturally gifted individual would learn as much as they can about the business they are in.  

• Like 2

Where are the usual suspects trying to reduce her to an untalented woman? For degrading they come like ants, to praise only the real fans. Better that way. 40 years of talent and being a master in the business, not for everyone...

i'm always surprised how common it is among the gp to assume that madonna isn't very talented. she literally started in a band where she played instruments, obviously she has at least some musical chops! not to mention that she's heavily involved in all her musical projects, she must've learned a thing or two over the years.

• Like 1

Any true Madonna fan would already know this. However, it's always great to hear people she has actually worked with speak so highly of her musical talents! 👑

• Like 1

great interview.  She's always been fully involved in everything, and that's why she is who she is.

We been knew.

cr7e59B.gif 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.