Grimes debuts new look to defend “AI” technology

Kimmo

I don’t really have a soft spot for A*, but I think that Grimes has a point here, im pretty against it being used in artistic fields like in music, painting, etc… but there COULD be some value found in other fields that we haven’t explored yet. Humans and humanity itself SHOULD be valued more, but A* can possibly help us in things the human body isn’t capable of doing. 

• Like 1

Elon got her nickel smelling ass turnt out

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sawk said:

im pretty against it being used in artistic fields like in music, painting

problem is we won't know who is doing it well or not until classics have been made. we have to feel comfortable with the massive amounts of failure that will come from ai art and music for years.

1 minute ago, laudibella said:

problem is we won't know who is doing it well or not until classics have been made. we have to feel comfortable with the massive amounts of failure that will come from ai art and music for years.

Ok I don’t know if I’m understanding your point 100%, but to you, A* should be used in music for example until it becomes good? I can understand that point if that’s the stance you’re taking, but to me, ART has such a human component that cannot be detached, that’s the essence, if the input is coming from both sides then I can concede that it could be helpful, but PURELY A* stuff is what I’m against. 

1 hour ago, Sawk said:

ART has such a human component that cannot be detached

I don't want to sound like I'm attacking you, but this type of thinking is simple to me. Art thrives with technology lol. Disco was the first pop genre to entirely embrace the artificiality of technology, and it led to lame white people having this bumper sticker all throughout the '80s.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

George Martin, Brian Eno, Tony Visconti, Dr. Dre, Kraftwerk. There are so many brilliant producers who made so much amazing music because of new technology.

• Like 1

Most of the time she has absolutely zero clue on what is she talking about :deadbanana2:

If anyone want some actual discourse on AI sans meth and low IQ check for Holly Herndon

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, the70s said:

Most of the time she has absolutely zero clue on what is she talking about :deadbanana2:

If anyone want some actual discourse on AI sans meth and low IQ check for Holly Herndon

I WAS WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO MENTION HER :wanda: Platform was such a collapse!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laudibella said:

I don't want to sound like I'm attacking you, but this type of thinking is simple to me. Art thrives with technology lol. Disco was the first pop genre to entirely embrace the artificiality of technology, and it led to lame white people having this bumper sticker all throughout the '80s.

spacer.png

And don’t forget the advent of the microphone either! Another device that was supposed to lead us to hell. Then with recorded music, people were saying you miss the purity of the live performance. The wheel never stops turning. Everything new is “bad” for a time. 

• Thanks 1

i mean, she's spilling

2 hours ago, laudibella said:

spacer.png

I’m not against using AI, as I stated above, im all for implementing newer technologies that can be intertwined with human endeavors, that’s my point, im not against all of A*, just the parts of it where there’s absolutely no human involvement.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sawk said:

I’m not against using AI, as I stated above, im all for implementing newer technologies that can be intertwined with human endeavors, that’s my point, im not against all of A*, just the parts of it where there’s absolutely no human involvement.

Why are you censoring AI?  :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Why are you censoring AI?  :deadbanana4:

In case the robots see this sis :jonny5: Wanna be on their good side :nicole2:

• Haha 4

She really thought she said something here huh? :dies: release Miss Anthropocene volume 2 *****

I’m tired of this woman trying to sound intelligent 

Those botched lips is all I've seen and heard tbh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.