Did everyone forget Travis Scott is garbage?

Trent W

4 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

"Moral Police" when we are talking about a person who is responsible for 10 innocent people dying, I think any normal person with some sort of an empathy would understand the point of this topic :dies:

Any normal person can empathize and acknowledge it was irresponsible, which sadly resulted in ppl losing their lives.

But sitting here ranting, shaming others for streaming, or being ethical cops like y’all don’t stan artists with a past is insane. :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trent W

• Embustera

• Devin

• BrokenMachine

33 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Beyoncé fans feeling the need to defend him over one measly song

i don’t care about the song nor that man and his album & if my lazy hag fav doesn’t press release on some visuals in the next 24h i’m joining the OBH myself but didn’t y’all rush to defend a racist borderline nazi only bc your fave dated him ? let’s sit this one out  :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

He's a murderer and trash human. shame anyone still supports him.

Edited by toxicgenie
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

I can't take posts like this seriously when there were threads upon threads dragging Taylor Swift for dating Matt Healy and there are currently multiple threads about Ariana having an affair. Everyone is dragged on this site. It's not a race thing.

The cardinal difference here they pointing out is the unconscious bias and languages in posts varies between YT vs Black artists.

If this exact incident happened at a Britney, Gaga, or Taylor festival. They wouldn’t be labelled murders, in fact it prob be a warnable offense to even call them that. :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

i don’t care about the song nor that man and his album & if my lazy hag fav doesn’t press release on some visuals in the next 24h i’m joining the OBH myself but didn’t y’all rush to defend a racist borderline nazi only bc your fave dated him ? let’s sit this one out  :rip:

No? I hated Matty way before ATRL pretended to care about him. But that's not the point. Taylor was guilty by association in that case but it's a different story when your fave is getting heat, isn't it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Disappointed she would work with him tbh 

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Devin said:

The cardinal difference here they pointing out is the unconscious bias and languages in posts varies between YT vs Black artists.

If this exact incident happened at a Britney, Gaga, or Taylor festival. They wouldn’t labelled murders, in fact it prob be a warnable offense to even post that. :deadbanana2:

I mean yes there's an inherent bias in the way most people interact with people of different ethnicities and I would agree that black artists are held to a higher standard than their white counterparts.

But you're making a strawman claim here. We have no way of knowing how people would react at a Britney, Gaga or Taylor festival because it hasn't happened at their concerts.

Is he a murderer? I would say no because that would imply he planned it in some way. But I do think he should've been held accountable as it happened at an event he was headlining. It was a very unfortunate situation and IMO he carries some of the blame for what happened. His behaviour whilst the incident was ongoing + the fact that this wasn't the first time he'd encouraged his fans to behave in a dangerous way show that.

Incidentally, the fact that you compared the situation to Ariana brings up an important difference in how the two responded to the incidents. Ariana visited her injured fans in hospital and hosted a benefit concert in support of the victims and all those affected. Travis offered his fans a one month free trial to better help :gaycat6:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Travis may be a bad person but murderer is a stretch. If anything LiveNation is at fault for that mess at Astroworld, and anyone that’s been to events hosted by them know how terrible they are at providing safety. Last festival I went to hosted by them was shut down 5 minutes into Playboy Carti’s set because moshers stormed their flimsy ass barricades and people were getting trampled. It took them 3 hours to resume the show and bolt down barricades. The remaining to headliners had to cut their sets short and people were passing out after all those hours of standing still, cramped up in the heat. 

Now is that Carti’s fault or LiveNation for failing once again to prepare for moshing (which everyone who goes to these shows knows will happen)?

Other than the terrorism comparison I have to stand with @Devin on this.

ungodlyxs-bippy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

2 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

I mean yes there's an inherent bias in the way most people interact with people of different ethnicities and I would agree that black artists are held to a higher standard than their white counterparts.

But you're making a strawman claim here. We have no way of knowing how people would react at a Britney, Gaga or Taylor festival because it hasn't happened at their concerts.

Is he a murderer? I would say no because that would imply he planned it in some way. But I do think he should've been held accountable as it happened at an event he was headlining. It was a very unfortunate situation and IMO he carries some of the blame for what happened. His behaviour whilst the incident was ongoing + the fact that this wasn't the first time he'd encouraged his fans to behave in a dangerous way show that.

Incidentally, the fact that you compared the situation to Ariana brings up an important difference in how the two responded to the incidents. Ariana visited her injured fans in hospital and hosted a benefit concert in support of the victims and all those affected. Travis offered his fans a one month free trial to better help :gaycat6:

This is one of the things that makes people's dislike for him valid, he didn't even bother to help the family's.

Dis thread was titled murderer but I hadn't seen that until someone brought it up because it was edited. While I have resentment towards this dumbass, I wouldn't call him a murderer but what I did call him was an irresponsible disgusting loser that doesn't gaf about anyone but himself.

His defenders here are really just grasping onto the murderer thing when alot of us didn't even call him that 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Devin said:

Its also sick and insane how ATRL pick & choose when to have standards (esp towards Black artists). 

What happened at ASTROWORLD isn’t 100% his fault - security, Live Nation, and other teams play a role in those fans dying. Lets shame Gaga & Abel for collabing with Ariana after what happened in Manchester. 

Wow. This post is the perfect example of when stanning goes too far and makes people say things that are totally insane.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, By the Water said:

No? I hated Matty way before ATRL pretended to care about him. But that's not the point. Taylor was guilty by association in that case but it's a different story when your fave is getting heat, isn't it?

was a rhetorical question !

all i’m saying is let’s stop the forced

pearl clutching, any fanbase "rushes to defend" their fav over anything (just look at a certain fanbase defending their fav’s rapist/murderer husband like it’s their job), no need to paint this as another "look what the evil beyhive is doing :oxygen2:" moment 

12 minutes ago, By the Water said:

it's a different story when your fave is getting heat, isn't it?

as i said, i don’t care, drag her all you want lol, drag her extra hard tomorrow for us :coffee2:

her PR lady’s called Yvette, you can drag her too ! 

Imma just keep it real and say he’s a horrible person but I’m still listening to the music because it’s good. No use trying to do mental gymnastics, if you’re going to do something, do it.

• Thanks 1

Most people don’t see him as a murderer. They think he’s an ******* & his handling of the situation was garbage. 

are we supposed to completely remove an artist from our library when they disappoint us? does OP have an up to date list of artists who haven't messed up yet? should I bother policing my library if I don't care about, say, ari's affairs? should I mind my own business about doja and those chatrooms?

spacer.png

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

I can't take posts like this seriously when there were threads upon threads dragging Taylor Swift for dating Matt Healy and there are currently multiple threads about Ariana having an affair. Everyone is dragged on this site. It's not a race thing.

so you’re proving their point?

There’s not a single one MPG who hasn’t done questionable ****, so why act morally superior?

7 minutes ago, idontdodrags said:

so you’re proving their point?

There’s not a single one MPG who hasn’t done questionable ****, so why act morally superior?

I don’t remember a popstar being responsible for the death of 10 people.

This is not the same at all

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

While I do enjoy his music sometimes, he is definitely a trashy person (even without the concert disaster)

Can’t believe people like Beyoncé, SZA or Bon Iver are collaborating with him as well, truly disgusting and disappointed!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Devin said:

Its also sick and insane how ATRL pick & choose when to have standards (esp towards Black artists). 

What happened at ASTROWORLD isn’t 100% his fault - security, Live Nation, and other teams play a role in those fans dying. Lets shame Gaga & Abel for collabing with Ariana after what happened in Manchester. 

I-

I can agree with you in most contexts about black artists being held to much higher standards than their white peers but Travis Scott had far, FAR more awareness of the potential making of a disaster, especially considering something like a terrorist attack for which you really cannot be actively prepared unless tipped off. 

And I do think others, like Dua, got rightfully dragged for constantly being out and about in Covid, as did Lana for that trash mask. 

I'm not saying it's something that happens on the same scale, but it still happens. 

• Like 3

hives always takes the moral high ground despite beyonce association with jay z abd travis. who murdered people. i don’t see any hives reprimanding bey for these. at least monsters and gaga takes accountability 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

I refuse to add his music to my library because of how he handled the situation and what happened was an absolute tragedy that he should be partially held accountable for. I personally thought it was career-ending worthy.

There is something in general extremely evil-seeming and apathetic to others about his aura and I’m surprised people are defending him. Everything about that situation was cruel, sad, awful and avoidable. I hate that the industry is trying so desperately to make him happen again and make it all go away.  

Very disappointed in Bey and others who got involved on this project.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Okay but 95% of straight male artist with any kind of talent and the audacity to profit off of it are objectively immoral. 

why is Paul Gauguin in every museums collection when he went to Polynesian islands and had sex with every underage woman he painted portraits of? The examples in the fine art world are innumerable. 

the album is good. Paul Gauguin made

captivating paintings. What are we thinking about when we are consuming work? And what context do we talk about the work. Idk it’s more complex then to dismiss a body of art work because of the artist. 

but that’s what is the coolest part about art and artistic expression. It exists to be talked about. 

• Like 1

I mean he was always trash but bringing beyonce and the weeknd into this is too much

Remember when Taylor dated the nazi a month ago? remember when Rih made a song with Chris after the incident? Remember when Gaga worked with multiple rapists and pedophiles?

Yeah no one cared about that either 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 7

20 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

I mean he was always trash but bringing beyonce and the weeknd into this is too much

Remember when Taylor dated the nazi a month ago? remember when Rih made a song with Chris after the incident? Remember when Gaga worked with multiple rapists and pedophiles?

Yeah no one cared about that either 

Literally dozens of threads on here about all of the incidents you mentioned. :rip:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

Literally dozens of threads on here about all of the incidents you mentioned. :rip:

None of those people are cancelled. Not even in ATRL. They still have very healthy careers. Why would this situation be any different? People in the real world don't care 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.