The Photoshop Game: Season 5.5 | FINALE!

Cantaloupe.

12 minutes ago, Cantaloupe. said:

Two judges have scored. :thing: 

@ me ho

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cantaloupe.

• Fenrir

• Alldeezy

• Wondy Lust

2 hours ago, Cantaloupe. said:

Two judges have scored. :thing: 

A letter from @Rian. and I.

Se3t6UN.png

2 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

A letter from @Rian. and I.

Se3t6UN.png

Bitch I scored

1 minute ago, Rian. said:

Bitch I scored

Oh ... let me untag you then. :biblio:

Spoiler

I'm going to score after I eat in a minute. :flower: 

571VrvZ.png

Round 1 Scores

Rian:

Spoiler

Talent: 7/10
I wish the big gif on top would have been better quality. 
I like the pattern and design of the bio even tho I would have liked a better background.

Hurem: 8/10
I liked this a lot on first look.
But the more I looked the more I found.
1st. I would have liked different gifs for the first 2 eras. Something that's really recognizable like Single Ladies.
And I don't know if you added that grainy effect or if it's the gifs but if you look closely, the whole thing is grainy.

Wonderlust: 9/10
Only 2 complaints. The slide show of her albums should have been slower. If you actually wanna read it, you won't go far because it changes so fast.
And the picture at the bottom is kinda random. The whole thing was dark any mysterious so the picture doesn't really fit. Also should have been full width.
But I love the gif on top. The slideshow idea, and the animated thing sliding down were amazing.

Marn: 6/10
I like the idea. Not so much the execution.
You could have chosen better fonts.
The picture cutting could have been better too. What tool do you use to cut out people? Maybe I can help you with that :-)

Riri: 6.5/10
I like the idea and usage of gifs and colors.
The name on the top left shouldn't be cut. The headline of the New York Times is missing a word and you definitely wrote too much about her parents. All that text about her parents could have been for her albums.
Otherwise this is cute, not really great but also not bad.
Oh and I would really like to know what background picture you used.

Urb:

Spoiler

Talent - 7.7/10
Such a great opening Gif! I love the way you summarized each era and placed them within your banner, it was a good read! The only thing that was missing for me was another great gif to close out the last summary. Regardless, you did what you were asked, and properly promoted your artist as I'm intrigued by her sound and will be checking out her albums.

Hurem - 9.2/10
Beautiful! BUT how DARE YOU NOT include "Dance for You" in the list of singles released during thee ICONIC "4" era! Well done honestly, the only thing that slightly bothers me is the soft palette used as the background color. Compared to the gifs (that have darker shades), it just clashes a bit for me. Still beautiful though! Bravo.

Wonderlust - 9.5/10
BITCH! I hate you, but WIG OFF! :jonny4:

This was really good, and would've been a 10/10 if that last picture wasn't just centered at the bottom and blended in with the background. Love the scrolling effects, love the placement of fonts and descriptions, an overall slay minus that last photo placement. DO BETTER!

Marn - 7/10
This is so simple, but I LOVE IT, reminds me of "Bates Motel"  poster.:jonny:

You could've gotten a higher score had you included more gifs and more facts about his material such as song titles, his most memorable single, etc! I was left wanting more Marnie. 

Riri. - 7.5/10
YAS Riri, go off kween! You gave me the facts, you gave me album covers, you gave me gifs, you gave me PINK! One thing that could've made this a stronger entry, would be the gif placement. Right now all of Onika's gifs are right in the center (which works), but placing some in other parts of the banner would've made this entry a bit more cohesive.

LiMe:

Spoiler

Talent - 7/10 - It’s nice, but kind of bland. Would have been nice to see a floral/foliage aesthetic or something that feels more like Florence - instead of a white background, text and some lines.

Hurem - 7.5/10 - Nice entry, love the use of the gifs as the banners for each album.

That being said, the pastel gradient doesn’t match Beyoncé’s aesthetic, would have been more appealing with a simple backdrop and sticking to 1 or 2 colours for the text, that way it doesn’t pull away from the nice gifs. (Also less colours used = higher quality gif).

One final thing, each album has a reflection except for Lemonade.

Wonderlust - 8.5/10 - Amazing, very creative use of sliding/fading elements to cover all her albums within a contained space. That animated element in the lower half is a smooth touch as well. Only thing I’d change is the image at the bottom should cover the full width of the bio.

Marn - 5.5/10 - It’s okay, shame that the only animated/gif element is the text. Color-wise, I’d stay away from red and green as it reminds me of Christmas, and the mustard colored pattern isn’t the best choice. He’s a metal/rock/whatever artist, so you should have considered that when designing his bio poster – perhaps draw inspiration from The Black album cover – use of black and whites, and a dirty texture. That’s just one example.

I’d like to see you gather some inspirational images and really consider your options and which direction would be best to take, before you start working on the next task.

Riri - 6/10 - Composition wise, it feels all over the place – it’s a lot to take in. For example, if you had taken that top set of gifs, and had the general bio in the space on the left, and then her albums and such in the space on the right – it would have been much more appealing to the eye. (Hopefully that made sense)

But combining gifs into 1 image is somewhat of a challenge, so points for that. :flower: 

Fenrir:

Spoiler

Talent: 8.5/10
I love the layout and just about everything honestly. The gif at the top is the only thing bugging me and that's only because it looks LQ. Other than that nice job!

Hurem: 8/10
Feels like there's a lot of unnecessary empty space when you get down to the albums. I don't like the gifs you chose for DiL (CiL should've been the obvious :eek:) and B'Day (what vid is the B'Day one even from? nnn). I think a gif from Formation or Sorry would've looked better for Lemonade instead of essentially gif'ing the album cover. :katie: & the gif at the top maybe would've been better slowed down ... other than that I love the idea and fonts and colors and other gifs. :clap3::alexz: 

Wonderlust: 9.5/10
HCoHEAV5RmQrwdJPLfNR_Aretha%20Franklin%2
Like Rian said, I wish the album gif was a little slower but other than that this is amazing.

Marn: 7.5/10
I like the overall aesthetic you were going for. Denis could've been cut-out a lil better. 

Riri: 8/10
Love the gifs and color selections you chose. My main complaint is the entire entry looks too "busy". Not sure if it's the all-caps bold font you chose or too much info or a combination of both but it's kind of hard to read. "Onika" in the top left corner is also oddly placed/cut-off. 

Averages:

Spoiler

1. Wonderlust - 9.13
2. Hurem - 8.2
3. talent - 7.6
4. Riri - 7
5. Marn - 6.5
6. Bad Things - 0
6. Alesus - 0
6. maraj - 0
6. Suga'fall - 0
6. A Bomb - 0

@Bad Things @Hurem @Alesus @Riri. @M A R N ✮ @Wonderlust.
@talent @theycallmemaraj @Suga'fall @A Bomb

@Fenrir @DOWN @Rian. @LiMe

The bottom of my entry was my favourite bit tho

dt5jrF9.png

I also thought talent was going to win cause I like his more than mine. 

One final thing, each album has a reflection except for Lemonade.

Damn you, LiMe :fish2: I realised it's missing when I uploaded it and could not be bothered to go through all the trouble again. :cm: 

I'm pretty happy with the score. I literally made this in a bit over an hour and I was over at 1AM so I was basically half asleep. :priceless: Excited for the next round! Hope I'll be able to dedicate a bit more to it.

7 minutes ago, Wonderlust. said:

dt5jrF9.png

dt5jrF9.png

6 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Damn you, LiMe :fish2: I realised it's missing when I uploaded it and could not be bothered to go through all the trouble again. :cm: 

I'm pretty happy with the score. I literally made this in a bit over an hour and I was over at 1AM so I was basically half asleep. :priceless: Excited for the next round! Hope I'll be able to dedicate a bit more to it.

It's an album cover that you have 100% free will over. It's the basis of the rest of your entries this season.
dt5jrF9.png

If you wanna

dt5jrF9.png

I want a monster challenge tho, screw albums 

Just now, Wonderlust. said:

If you wanna

dt5jrF9.png

I want a monster challenge tho, screw albums 

:skull: You have 100% free will over the album cover. Make Utada a monster if you want. As long as it looks nice and you can base an entire era on it.

Halloween albums in June are the pinnacle of innovation, be prepared

dt5jrF9.png

where are my comments?

2 minutes ago, Wonderlust. said:

Halloween albums in June are the pinnacle of innovation, be prepared

dt5jrF9.png

You don't have to set it in June. :eli: 

2 minutes ago, Riri. said:

where are my comments?

In the spoiler/collapse tags. :thing: 

Sorry I though the names was the contestant names but it's the judges

RLCqEy4.png

As mentioned in the OP, this round is an album cover.

This is the album that will be the basis of the rest of the rounds this season. 
The title, theme, aesthetic, EVERYTHING is up to you.

But you're not just making the cover. 
:gaycat4: 

You'll also be making a Spotify page for the album.

To d0 this, you'll need to make entire tracklist.
How many tracks? It's up to you. As long as it's not a mini-EP, you're fine.

2b4MngG.jpg
(This is shameless promo. Look at other Spotify pages for more exmaples)

If you need help with anything, please don't hesitate to ask. :heart2: 

Deadline: Saturday, July 1st @ 10PM EST

@Bad Things @Hurem @Alesus @Riri. @M A R N ✮ @Wonderlust.
@talent @theycallmemaraj @Suga'fall @A Bomb

@Fenrir @DOWN @Rian. @LiMe

3 hours ago, Wonderlust. said:

dt5jrF9.png

:heart2:  i thought the complete opposite, i liked everyone else's more than mine fjjsndbd

Easy :) I already have a tracklist but like I only made a pre order fake cover. Spoitry may be a a bit harder but I'll figure it out im excited for this round.

I may re make my album cover a bit. Font is the hardest part 

7 hours ago, Riri. said:

Sorry I though the names was the contestant names but it's the judges

And you didn't bother to open up a single one of them?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.