Most successful 8th album: Anti x folklore x Music?

sasashite

Which is bigger?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Rihanna - Anti
    • Taylor Swift - folklore
    • Madonna - Music

'folklore' of course.

Global units, longevity, critical acclaim, AOTY Grammy… it clears the other two. :clap3:

• Like 1

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• airplane

• Raspberries

• Axelios

• FolkLover1989

5 minutes ago, Love Again said:

The one that sold 10 million worldwide and had a lead single that went No.1 in 17 countries

You mean the one that wasn't among the top 10 biggest albums of its year?

objectively it is Music > Anti > folklore

like let’s be serious

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Objectively 

Music - 13,963,000 (+110)

Folklore - 10,838,000 (+9,790)

Anti - 10,593,000 (+3,040)

2 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

like let’s be serious

Objectively, Music wasn't as successful as an album as Folklore and Anti when comparing it to albums from the same year.

Folklore will soon overtake Anti in terms of global units if it didn't already.

Edited by Axelios

11 minutes ago, sasashite said:

Then I would have to include Who's That Girl. And Madonna's 8th album would be Bedtime Stories.

Nobody ever considers Who’s That Girl as Madonna’s fourth album. People debate whether I’m Breathless is her 5th studio album all the time. 

57 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

Most of you have not even lived through Music to even be able to compare. 

It was the biggest by far. 

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Axelios said:

You mean the one that wasn't among the top 10 biggest albums of its year?

Nobody cares about that. Music is bigger than folklore end of story

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

The AOTY winner! 

Music is big in hindsight and nostalgia, but pound for pound is smaller when compared to albums from 2000 than Anti is to 2016 albums or folklore is to 2020 albums. Anti is certainly notable for legitimizing Rihanna as an albums artist, but most of the retrospective praise it gets is as Rih’s ‘last ever album’, and has little to do with the substance of the music. It had bigger hits, sure, but Cardigan (1.7M) does more streams than LOTB (600k), Needed Me (450k), Work (300k), and KIB (250k) on Spotify every day combined, so those big hits have obviously not lasted. Folklore was the musical moment of 2020 (along with WAP, I guess), even if y’all don’t want to admit it, and it’s currently sitting in the top 10 on the BB200, 3 years after release. It’s the clear winner here, and that will become more apparent with time. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

like let’s be serious

"objectively" when there's not a single objective metric where Anti is ahead of folklore :rip: folklore has already overtaken Anti's total worldwide units and is STILL top 10 on the Billboard 200. You are the one who needs to be serious :katie:

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

like let’s be serious

Objectively Anti has less units than Folklore and even less units if subtract US which you all consider Taylor's biggest market

I guess even objectively is vibes these days :deadbanana4:

27 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

the delusion in the results is crazy

literally only bc swifties run ATRL these days

Swifties run ATRL and real world. You are just minority :giraffe:

1 hour ago, sasashite said:

"I didn't need streaming"

Oh boomers...

It just needed a better climate where albums used to sell 20 million copies and still Music barely cracked 10 million (unlike Britney, Eminem, Linkin Park, Backstreet Boys, etc).

Well, you're the moroon trying to equal albums that are 20 years apart, from different eras and way of music consumption.

So yes, Music SOLD more. I think it sold like x2 of what the other two have sold COMBINED

Folklore is obviously bigger than Anti. Music is still bigger, but folklore will surpass it soon. 

folklore > Music > ANTI

All 3 are great albums 

19 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Nobody cares about that. Music is bigger than folklore end of story

@The Music Industry you need to accept that Taylor can’t have all her albums be the most succesful of all time. I know that that is a hard concept for you to grasp since you have no personality aside from shoving Taylor’s numbers down everyone throats but the sooner you accept it the better. You look delusional downvoting anyone who doesnt kiss your faves ass :priceless:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 6

12 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Cardigan (1.7M) does more streams than LOTB (600k), Needed Me (450k), Work (300k), and KIB (250k) on Spotify every day combined

wait Cardigan is on track to outstream Work in a year?
Cardigan 813m, Work 1.27B

30 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

like let’s be serious

folklore has already moved more units WW than ANTI despite coming out 4.5 years later :deadbanana2: In what reality are you being objective?

Edited by Raspberries
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Music 

makes the people

come together :jamming:

Anti and folklore feel bigger but I was only 3 or 4 when Music came out so I can’t really accurately judge.

Ew though @ the people trying to take a dig at Anti and folklore just for the year they came out, sorry the music industry is more accessible to everyone now :rip: are we supposed to feel bad about that? 

How are you going to make it about accessibility when one of the albums being compared was blazing a trail for women to stay relevant into their 40s? Queen literally contributed to the accessibility of the music industry with Music. :bibliahh:

OT: the one with a single that has 25 different #1s to its name plus bigger sales

Edited by Century
  • Like 1

tbh Music doesn't feel huge when compared to other Madonna albums (never heard any songs from this album yet)
Anti has bigger hits (work, lotb, needed me) and the album still in top 100 after 7 years

I feel folklore is bigger as an album with cardigan and august slowly growing in streams + popularity

Anti = folklore >(=) Music

I don’t know about Music, but Anti was way bigger than folklore :rip: 

• Like 1

ANTI, duh. folklore is so boring and Music had only 1 good track, the title track.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.