Margot Robbie Only Paid $12.5 Million For Barbie

bjorn

What the hell? That’s so low when this movie probably will end up grossing 1B worldwide. She deserves at least $20M. I know she’s a producer of the film too. Couldn’t she negotiate herself one of those percentages deals of the box office gross :coffee:

When Jennifer Lawrence is getting paid $25M for her comedy movie and that Netflix asteroid film :deadbanana4:

https://hiddenremote.com/2023/07/24/how-much-did-the-cast-of-barbie-get-paid-to-star-in-the-movie/

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Onyxmage

• AMIT

• bjorn

• TheFireLexus

Isn’t Margot a producer? She’s gonna earn A LOT.

• Like 8

Just now, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Isn’t Margot a producer? She’s gonna earn A LOT.

This, plus this movie and the exposure have elevated her to the highest heights possible as an agent. 

• Like 7

It’s a respectable salary for an indie film. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since Barbie might gross 1B she will get an extra bonus. I don’t know how it works tbh. 

Sparksfly88

Maybe that’s her acting fee but she’s also the movie’s producers and the exposure from this movie has taken her to the next level, now she’s a solidified A list actress, the endorsement deals specially from fashion brands are gonna start pouring in. And she looks like a model already.

• Like 3

She will get a lot. Don't you worry. :giraffe:

She might get a percentage of gross no?

• Like 1

She’ll be paid with a percentage of the gross so she’ll be fine. 

• Like 1

This is what she was paid upfront. Most of the time lead-actors also get royalties from the box office gross. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

12.5M is not low, the f*ck. Especially when she was starring in MULTIPLE flops. 

Be fr. :rip:

I keep comparing those type of numbers to Katy Perry being paid 25M for a season of American Idol and i’m like… 12.5M sounds “low” :sailing:

but as others posters said, I’m sure she’ll get a nice bonus as a co-producer 

i usually hate the term 'paid in exposure' but lets be real 12.5m is hardly pocket change and the massive exposure she gets on top of that is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

taking a 'low' paycheck is a small price to pay in return for being solidified as one of the most popular actresses of a generation imo

• Thanks 1

That is 100 times more than a 125k dollar annual salary. So she is doing very well.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Can someone please share an article (from SERIOUS sources like Variety and THR) about Katy Perry getting 25M per season? Y'all talk daily about this, but it seems like that's what she got for the whole deal. I could be wrong tho, but like 150M from 6 seasons on American Idol seems like fake news, lol.

They also said she got paid 168 millions for that vegas show idk how much of it is true :rip:

that likely doesn’t include her backend money. everyone in Hollywood does backend deals these days since people don’t go to the movies anymore which translates to lower salaries… backend means you’ll get a cut at the end from the total profit of the movie. 

• Like 1

JLaw is overpaid, Margot's paycheck is fine and as it's been said already she'll earn more with the BO success and her producing credit

12 minutes ago, Grizzo said:

I keep comparing those type of numbers to Katy Perry being paid 25M for a season of American Idol and i’m like… 12.5M sounds “low” :sailing:

but as others posters said, I’m sure she’ll get a nice bonus as a co-producer 

It's a different enviroment, there's a reason why currently they're doing a strike, salaries are lower in general than other entertainment businesses, 12,5M for an acting gig is still a lot and not common.

12.5 million is a lot of money what are y'all saying lol:rip:

it's good. It's a way to not let the budget going to high or producers would have been afraid to produce it. 

She's a producer so she's gonna make a lot of money.

Gosling cachet is 12.5M too (same as Margot but Margot can make more money, so i guess for this reason) but probably both have bonus when some box office goals is reached. 

24 minutes ago, Leptine said:

It's a different enviroment, there's a reason why currently they're doing a strike, salaries are lower in general than other entertainment businesses, 12,5M for an acting gig is still a lot and not common.

Yeah I agree with you!

And I don’t know if we should believe the whole 25M salary for American Idol, in any case 12.5M sure is a lot. I’m sure it’s better than what Margot earned for Birds Of Prey 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.