Top Posters In This Topic

• imabadkid

• mystery

• okgo

• Gorjesspazze9

9 hours ago, Anye said:

Xtina’s impact 

She better sue and takeover Twitter.

He should've put more effort into the new logo and deliver something cool like this... 

When you had 80 tabs open, you could quickly glance and see which ones had the twitter shade of blue. Now you have to check carefully to see which tab has a little X on it and not some other pattern. What an idiot throwing out a unique branding.

On 7/25/2023 at 10:15 AM, FOCK said:

CLOWNERY, can’t even run an office building.:bibliahh:

Didn't he sack half of the twiiter staff a while back?

So he probably got rid of all the building administration team and people like that who know what permits he needs.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Patient Zero said:

Is there some sort of legal reason to do this? I don't think he can just rebrand and start a new slate.

I know twitter has a few lawsuits in line.

Twitter is his property. He did not pay 44 billion dollars to not have complete control of it. :michael:

I agree that the layout sucks. And it keeps crashing constantly to the point I was not able to extract needed info for Box Office. Well done!

15 hours ago, FOCK said:

krisjenner-kimkardashian.gif

a flop he is

22 hours ago, FOCK said:

Of course. This so called genius is actually the exact opposite. He is a mediocre nepo-baby who got his startup via his Apartheid dad's emerald-mine wealth and then got his big break with Obama's investment (green loans) into renewables that was a lifeline for Tesla. All that Elon has ever done is taking over what others (real entrepreneurs) created by borrowing from his powerful connections (the Peter Thiels of this world). This guy never invented one thing himself. He is actually terrible in math. Basically he is a nerd version of Trump's persona (Elon's fake even in the tech-bro areas that he pretends to be the expert of). I suppose one can say he is an expert at one thing: deception —  just like Trump.

Edited by Raiden
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Raiden said:

Of course. This so called genius is actually the exact opposite. He is a mediocre nepo-baby who got his startup via his Apartheid dad's emerald-mine wealth and then got his big break with Obama's investment (green loans) into renewables that was a lifeline for Tesla. All that Elon has ever done is taking over what others (real entrepreneurs) created by borrowing from his powerful connections (the Peter Thiels of this world). This guy never invented one thing himself. He is actually terrible in math. Basically he is a nerd version of Trump's persona (Elon's fake even in the tech-bro areas that he pretends to be the expert of). I suppose one can say he is an expert at one thing: deception —  just like Trump.

Actual geniuses have a huge appetite for science, mystery and discovery. He has a huge appetite for attention whoring.  His supposed trip to Mars is all being done for the sake of  vanity.  

2 hours ago, Raiden said:

Nailed it - he's literally just Silicon Valley Trump. Right down to the tendency to just make up random numbers when talking about things. He's obsessed with Twitter to an extremely unhealthy degree, tweeting up to 20 hours a day. He's had this dream of 'X, the everything app' since the PayPal days and has never gotten over being forced out of the company in favour of Peter Thiel for his terrible implementation of ideas and generally being a horrific micromanaging boss. Zip2 (the only thing he ever actually created and it was awful) got bought out by PayPal which is where he got his seed capital from. 0% of his code ended up in PayPal because it was so bad yet his braindead stans will still insist he created that company. In any case, almost 25 years later he thinks he's finally got his chance to show Thiel that he was wrong. Instead he's taken one of the most recognisable brands in the world and completely trashed it. I s2g the moment the button on my phone changes from the bird to the x, i'm uninstalling it. I got my bluesky code so I'm good lol (it's very reminiscent of Twitter circa 2012 or so)

I truly believe that this and the DM limiting for unverified users is going to be the death knell of the site - talking to friends in group chats would have been a big reason a lot of people hadn't fully pulled the plug yet but if you can't even do that, I couldn't even send ONE yesterday, what's the point?

I really feel for artists (myself included lol) who've now lost a precious avenue for getting their work out to people, and disabled people (myself included!) who've now lost a precious lifeline to being hooked in to a larger community. I urge everyone to make the jump to discord if you've got a group chat you want to keep going

On 7/24/2023 at 1:32 PM, Darkgalord said:

He should've put more effort into the new logo and deliver something cool like this... 

Yeah, this is so weird. Like so far he’s owned it for how long and what has happened except the service has become less functional and gotten these weird useless updates like changes to Blue and the name.

If he wanted to create a super app called X he should have built those features into twitter (and maybe done a logo like this) and then once Twitter was slowly gaining traction in other areas, rebrand the ecosystem as X and keep “Twitter” as the name of the system of TL/Tweets.

6 hours ago, Domination said:

Yeah, this is so weird. Like so far he’s owned it for how long and what has happened except the service has become less functional and gotten these weird useless updates like changes to Blue and the name.

If he wanted to create a super app called X he should have built those features into twitter (and maybe done a logo like this) and then once Twitter was slowly gaining traction in other areas, rebrand the ecosystem as X and keep “Twitter” as the name of the system of TL/Tweets.

That's assuming he has common sense (lol) and the people around him who can actually make that happen, bc 80% of the workforce was either fired or walked when he took over. It's so obvious that this x rebrand was extremely half assed (the twitter/tweet names are still all over everything). he really thought he could just buy twitter and 'make it happen' because that's been his experience for what, 20 years now? Bluesky is being built from the ground up, slowly, to make sure it works

Elon is a classic example of what happens when a narcissist has never heard the word 'no' from someone he can't just fire in a long long time

All this in order to copy and paste the Chinese WeChat "everything app" formula. But it's unlikely to work.

It works in China precisely because it is a local thing regulated by the government (a foreign "everything app" will get into trouble from both governments outside the US, anti-monopolists within the US and even pro monopolists (like Apple and Google who will not get out of the way politely (they will flex their app store muscle and put the squeeze on X).

Long story short, Elon will fail. Twitter may exist but it will be a shell of its former self.

• Like 1

I don't even have, use, know twitter but this might be the stupidest branding decision ever made

Can’t someone else buy the Twitter trademark and just create an additional app? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.