🩸 ATRL's Song Contest 🩸 Winner revealed (pg.769)

thecptz

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Psycho

• Julia Fox

• Bicassie

Top Posters In This Topic

Lies: don’t hate it but don’t necessarily like it either 

Lipstick On The Glass: starting to see why people went crazy for this album a few years ago. This is totally gorgeous and ethereal 

MILK: looool. I was pleasantly surprised when there wasn’t a cringey drop. I can’t deny it’s kinda fun and in an intriguing way too

Kilo Kish: most of the songs on this album sound incredibly cutting edge but sadly this one is too disjointed and noisey for my liking

Hope Tala: it took too long to get going, like the first 45 seconds before the drums hit was a chore. It did improve but unsure whether significantly enough to score 

ATM: idk I had this in a heavy rotation playlist of mine back in the day but started skipping it a lot. Love Bree but will pass on this today sorry x

Shy: this is sooo 2017 core in a way that I would’ve eaten up in my blackout clubbing era. Somehow it manages not to sound cheap so props for that 

Rush: it’s definitely pretty but maybe frustratingly breathy? and kinda one note, plus I don’t get anything from the main hook which I find quite weak

Ribs: I enjoy this a lot, SUCH great energy, cool rhythm and instrumentation, definitely going on my early autumn playlist + points secured 

Somebody Like Me: I’m gonna against the grain of the earlier reviews because I love this song and found it quite addicting when it came out. I can understand why it might be considered more forgettable in her strong discography though, lots of artists could’ve sang this

AAB: haven’t felt compelled to check the album out yet but have heard snippets of this one from the TT meme. anyways it’s alright but will pass overall, wouldn’t listen to this just not for me, verses were verging on cute but the chorus was giving angsty spotty teenager shouting in their bedroom

PDMMC: one of the (if not THE) prettiest voices in mainstream music today. Let me get back into my Lianne era as can see I’ve barely streamed her this year and this album is stunning from beginning to end 

Ruin the Friendship: it’s (mostly) pretty but I do think this will struggle in a packed round, it’s not remarkable in any way, also lyrically kind of meh for a song that’s clearly supposed to be heartfelt and meaningful. Didn’t enjoy the strained vocals at the end either but that’s Demi for you 

ROYL: I mean go off because there isn’t a single weak song on this album and I love the rhythms here, points incoming 

• ATRL Moderator

If I was still in:

:1stplace: Olivia Rodrigo - ballad of a homeschooled girl

:2ndplace: Olivia Rodrigo - all-american *****

:3rdplace: Bree Runway - ATM (feat. Missy Elliott)

• Like 1

Teyana Taylor - WTP

Work this *****, work this *****, work this *****, work this *****. Lowkey a bop but it does sound and feel a bit clanky at times.

Megan Thee Stallion - Her

Boppity bop, the beat is very infectious you have no choice but to move.

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Surprised she was never used this season, I guess we've already and comepletely moved on from the FN era. One of the better songs in the album tho.

Chappell Roan - Naked In Manhattan

Queen of camp pop bops, such a fun fun song.

Moyka - Perfect Movie Scene

I waited and waited... and kept waiting... for the song to actually grab me but it just didn't happen. 

Uffie - cool

I thought it was gonna be a snooze but it was kinda cool, pun intended.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.