🩸 ATRL's Song Contest 🩸 Winner revealed (pg.769)

thecptz

kim petras - there will be blood

I love the fact that she did a halloween centred album honestly. I think its super creative and it would be fun if we had more pop artists doing that in the future. this is a pretty interesting vibe, her vocals almost get a bit screechy for me though

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Psycho

• Julia Fox

• Bicassie

Top Posters In This Topic

laufey - bewitched

honestly whiplash, this is a great way to stand out! totally feels like a vintage Disney song, every second is utterly magical. loved this!!

• Thanks 1

kero kero bonito - make believe

yessss rock, I want them to return to the sounds on this album so badly! there's both elements to this track I like and some I am not as enthusiastic about. the noisier rockish/shoegazey elements are definitely up my alley, but the indie pop'd chorus kind of takes me out of it? still, I think this might get a few points depending on other choices

shay lia - voodoo (feat. buddy)

I was so curious about this bc I've never heard of her. this is really cool though! it's groovy, and her voice has a 2000s R&B vibe to it. what a nice discovery, I'll prob try to give this a couple points~

lexie liu - fortuna

this feels like a crazy wild ride the whole way through. the production is sooo enchanting with lots of cool elements that make it feel like a journey each time! I love the variation in her delivery too, the way she effortlessly moves between three languages is so awesome, this will get lots of points from me!

raveena - magic

this playlist is literally SO good :sob: like im obsessed, there's so many incredible songs I want to give points. this title is the most accurate thing ever. it took a while for this album to click with me but now I think its utterly incredible. this song is so beautiful and fantastical, her delivery, the production, the concepts, ugh its going to be high for me as well (idk how I'm going to manage the points distribution this round fjflfs)

le sserafim - the great mermaid

pretty solid, their debut is interesting bc its not as good as later music but I think it did a good job of establishing them anyway. this gets a little chaotic/noisy (which is ironic since im an aespa stan) for me to really love it. in a less competitive round I think I'd give it points though

foxes - dance magic

it's pretty carly coded I guess. I think its decently nice, but I'm not in love... I think this will do well with the other ballots though

amazing list of entries to me... I really liked a lot of the entries and there wasn't anything I disliked either! it'll be really hard making my top ten so I apologize if someone doesn't get as many points as they thought bc everyone kind of snapped :kitty: 

i'm gonna keep an eye on laufey's critiques :lakitu:

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

Kilo Kish - BLOODY FUTURE

best song ever...

15 minutes ago, Element said:

Kilo Kish - BLOODY FUTURE

best song ever...

now do crits for every song!

• ATRL Moderator
32 minutes ago, thecptz said:

now do crits for every song!

i knew this was gonna be ur post when i saw the quote... the answer is NO !

1 hour ago, minho said:

amazing list of entries to me... I really liked a lot of the entries and there wasn't anything I disliked either! it'll be really hard making my top ten so I apologize if someone doesn't get as many points as they thought bc everyone kind of snapped :kitty: 

God I hope the list isn’t as strong as YOU say it is :rip:

this might be my round to go home then:chick2:

Kilo Kish - BLOODY FUTURE: Loveee this song! It randomly has such an early Tinashe/DJ Mustard vibe, almost like an elevated version of Drop That Kitty or something lmao, but like through the lens of a video game?

Edited by Sanguine

yeule - ghosts: I love this song although honestly, but it’s my least favorite Softscars single so I can’t earnestly give you the twelve you might’ve been expecting kjfhg a SLAY though, Yeule is arguably my main fave right now so you can’t go wrong there

yeule - inferno: Better than Ghosts imo. Their rockiest stuff is best but second to that is the ambient house type songs like this and Poison Arrow/An Angel Held Me Like a Child (which were both eligible!!), it also just feels so genuinely emotional

Grimes - Artangels: Easily one of my favorite albums ever and this is my favorite song on it! The outro made me cum! Take my twelve

Red Velvet - Kingdom Come: I get the appeal but not a favorite. Doesn’t strike me as that interesting, barely remember it despite the fact I’ve listened so many times before

Oklou - god’s chariots: Amazing, amazing, amazing… it’s like Erika de Casier meets Caroline Polachek. The production is perfectly polished and honestly the song is just crack cocaine lsd all other addictive drugs idk maybe Grimes isn’t getting my twelve

Santigold - High Priestess: She’s never been sent? Crazy, anyways it’s catchy but I don’t see this being enough for points

Kim Petras - There Will Be Blood: A standard Kim bop. My critique for this would basically be the same as Do Me from last round - it checks the marks for a good pop song but is lacking some quality to truly punch

Laufey - Bewitched: Her vocal is so incredibly forced to me I’m sorry :cri: the music itself is really pretty! Reminds me of that one Sleeping Beauty song

• Thumbs Down 1

Kero Kero Bonito - Make Believe: This has snuck up to be one of my favorite albums of the 2010’s this year. The soft yet rocky sound and relatable lyrics to someone in their early 20’s make it hit for me. Great choice!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.