Canadian Senator urges Canadians to ditch Google and use Bing

SoldierofLove

In response to the fallout over the federal government’s Online News Act that could see Google and Meta block links to Canadian news organizations, one Senator is calling on Canadians to join him in switching their search engines to Bing.

The federal government’s recently passed Bill C-18, the “Online News Act,” requires social media and search engine companies to cut multi-million dollar deals with Canadian news publishers as compensation for displaying links to news websites.

Both Meta and Google have announced they will simply block links to Canadian news websites rather than negotiate deals with news organizations, leading one Senator to announce he’s “switching from Google to Bing as my preferred search tool.”

“Further to the adoption of C-18, I resent the blackmailing of Canadians by Meta and Google,” Senator Pierre Dalphond told PressProgress. The Senator added that “by switching our clicks to another search engine than Google, Canadians can force it to show respect for Canada.”

“I have chosen Bing because it is as good as Google as a search engine while it offers access to Canadian news content and its management does not try to play tough with Canada,” Senator Dalphond explained.

“I urge Canadians to do the same to show Big Techs that their business model rests on us using them.”

https://pressprogress.ca/senator-calls-on-canadians-to-switch-to-bing-search-engine-even-though-microsoft-isnt-paying-news-outlets-either/

Canadian sistrens, will you make the switch? 

spacer.png

Bing search sucks. I've tried it many times and it doesn't give you the best entries.

Of course, he had to be from Quebec 

bqrzdi3ujrzuczpejia8.jpg

• Haha 1

The Canadian government is honestly so dumb sometimes it's almost performance art. Granted the American govt is really dumb too but the Canadian one just feels like comedy. Like the whole country is fake and it's actually a sitcom.

I long for an alternate reality where Trudeau had stuck to being a nepo baby showing off his ass in tight suit pants on Instagram and instead someone more competent/not delusional/not cringe was the head of this country.

14 hours ago, SoldierofLove said:

“I have chosen Bing because it is as good as Google as a search engine” Senator Dalphond explained.

Somebody's not telling the truth 

bippy-bipdoof.gif 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.