Troye Sivan - 'Something to Give Each Other'

mystery

I really like half this album but I'm feeling overall mid on this project. The past two releases he's had were much better imo, but the highlights here are all career highlights. I wish that this release wasn't so staggered. 

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GardenPanty

• luckystrike

• Pop Music Aussie

• Rush

3 hours ago, Subversive said:

She’s the one saying “what the f**k!?” In the speaking parts! At least my Love brain thinks that’s her accent 

it’s voice memo from fans. troye asked for voice memos in may last year, talking something like: “last night was ******* crazy”. the audios were ripped off of his instagram dms

• Thanks 1

One of your girls is an instant fave of mine 

• Like 1

i feel a little let down after hearing the album

totally agree that the singles are definitely the strongest songs

the rest is kinda meh...still got it, silly and honey are decent tracks

those voice notes on 'what's the time where you are' ruin the song and 'in my room' does absolutely nothing for me

had high hopes...they stay unmatched

• Thumbs Down 1

That 1-2-3 punch of the first 3 tracks :jonny: 

another 2/3 mid/uptempo tracks would've made it so much better 

A very nice album and love "One of your girls" but is it a great album? I need a few more listens.

currently listening. I like in my room sm! this is actually a very cohesive and compact album so far.

I agree the singles are definitely the strongest tracks. Most of the album tracks feel bland on first listen… maybe I need to give it a few more goes.

• Thanks 1

shame, I was so excited because of the first two singles. The only other song I can vibe with is silly so far. Not feeling it unfortunately:/ 

Why is Rush not the extended version as on the physical versions? :biblionana:

What was he thinking placing Still Got It and Can’t Go Back, Baby together in the tracklist? They really break the mood of the album, which by the way, has disappointed me considerably.

One of Your Girls is a bop tho

• Thumbs Down 1

So here's the thing right? Troye was teasing this raunchy sexy pop girl type album and this is not THAT. 

I had my fingers crossed since April that that was gonna be this album.

And having a few videos with shirtless men does not equal sexual liberation or raunchiness. 

The album cover and the Rush video really threw me off a bit. They were giving more of that vibe. But then the whole aesthetic with both the sound and the videos became way more tame and felt like his usual artistic style. That is one of my main gripes. It's a great album, it's just not what I was expecting nor what he was promoting it to be.

It reminds me of my gripes with Sam Smith talking about Love Goes being a fun and very gay album and not delivering.

Now that I've said my piece about hyping Selena_Lavigne up for a sexy album and NOT DELIVERING, let me go back to enjoying.

Edited by selena_lavigne

25 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

So here's the thing right? Troye was teasing this raunchy sexy pop girl type album and this is not THAT. 

I had my fingers crossed since April that that was gonna be this album.

And having a few videos with shirtless men does not equal sexual liberation or raunchiness. 

The album cover and the Rush video really threw me off a bit. They were giving more of that vibe. But then the whole aesthetic with both the sound and the videos became way more tame and felt like his usual artistic style. That is one of my main gripes. It's a great album, it's just not what I was expecting nor what he was promoting it to be.

It reminds me of my gripes with Sam Smith talking about Love Goes being a fun and very gay album and not delivering.

Now that I've said my piece about hyping Selena_Lavigne up for a sexy album and NOT DELIVERING, let me go back to enjoying.

I really do not know what your talking about and the comment about being a "very gay album" is concerning. 

I think you are completely missing the point. The album is a reflection of dealing with life as a single guy in his early 20s. I would have loved an album like this growing up. There is a bittersweet feeling with this album that makes me reminisce of the fun times i had during this time. 

I don't think he ever said this was a full of sex album , more about the feeling of being that age which makes this his most personal album to date 

• Thanks 1

How To Stay with You is really hitting hard. That feeling of being in love and hoping it works out. Even with a one night stand. 

The amount of times i would leave a date in tears thinking about these things when i was single and early 20s. I've said it before that i wishes i has access to this when i was his age. 

more reviews popping

the guardian 80 

clash mag 90

slant 70 (NEW)

NME 100 (NEW)

I'm just recreatin' you
I'm workin' with what I got, fill up my cup and shoot
Yeah, I just
Gotta rewire my desire, gettin' me higher

NQ5N5tv.gif

14 minutes ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

I really do not know what your talking about and the comment about being a "very gay album" is concerning. 

I think you are completely missing the point. The album is a reflection of dealing with life as a single guy in his early 20s. I would have loved an album like this growing up. There is a bittersweet feeling with this album that makes me reminisce of the fun times i had during this time. 

I don't think he ever said this was a full of sex album , more about the feeling of being that age which makes this his most personal album to date 

My comment is not an analysis of the album. I really Connect with this album. It touched my soul. 
That being said, it just wasn’t what I was expecting from certain things Troye said a couple months ago and from the initial videos. 
Like, it makes Rush and the whole marketing around it seem like more of a grab for attention than a beautiful and fun theme that would continue. LIKE HEY IT’s about POPPERS and that’s FUNNY. 

JUST MY OPINION.

Edited by selena_lavigne

1 minute ago, selena_lavigne said:

My comment is not an analysis of the album. I really Connect with this album. It touched my soul. 
That being said, it just wasn’t what I was expecting from certain things Troye said a couple months ago and from the initial videos. 

But he didn't say it's a full on sex related album , he said it was the emotions picked up on such said culture. 

4 minutes ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

But he didn't say it's a full on sex related album , he said it was the emotions picked up on such said culture. 

Such said culture was not displayed on this album at least for me. That’s what I’m saying.

Edited by selena_lavigne

Just now, selena_lavigne said:

Such said culture was not displayed on this album. That’s what I’m saying.

I think it is. Read the lyrics and it should come to you. There is alot of hidden read between moments in there.