Drag Race Brasil

KaledKalil

From the positives, the studio interior looks AMAZING, so fresh and big, so open, other franchises take notes.

They all look cool and fresh and fun and genuinely happy to be there. It all ft very warm and welcoming. 

Now. I admit I have no idea who the main presenter is, but she looks super young, is she accomplished enough to be a judge? 

The first challenge was waaaay to early. We don't know those queens, so putting them in a video made me not recognise any of them. 

The runway suuuucked. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madonnas

• Hector

• Mads Trier

• genetic fail

Well deserved win for Organzza :clap3:And the Hot Girls definitely served more as a whole than the first group last week.

Bettina smoked Diva in the lipsync, so not surprised at that result. Shame, since her runway was one of the best overall. 

On 9/3/2023 at 10:50 AM, Fancyhoodlum said:

Now. I admit I have no idea who the main presenter is, but she looks super young, is she accomplished enough to be a judge? 

She won the first season of Queen of the Universe, a drag singing show with queens from all over the world. When you have non winners hosting other versions of the show, I guess winning a drag competition is more than enough to grant that position.

Very weird premiere, I'm not feeling this cast of queens which is weird because I was really looking forward Drag Race Brazil. Host and judges are doing fine so far, but girl group as the first challenge needs to go because it's impossible to judge fairly, especially in a music video format. Runways were also bad, I expected so much more.

Happy for Organzza, although Naza also deserved. Very sad for Diva, she was one of my faves from the Meet the Queens and I wanted to see more (no pun intended) of her. Betina is giving crunch, I don't see her going far anyway.

Anyone else annoyed at Grag Queen forcing the queens to sing?! Not everyone has the pipes like you, girl. I lowkey feel like she's trying to outshine the damn contestant LOL

Overall, group 2 is slightly better than group 1. I was expecting something great from Organzza after all the Twitter hype but she did just decent in the challenge and her runway was surprisingly basic. I would've actually given the win to Shannon.

An acting challenge with 11 queens is bound to be a mess :deadbanana2:

Episode 3 will be make or break for me. Not really feeling this franchise so far.

• ATRL Moderator

Mid episode but Organzza is queen. 

People leaving the season because of the premiere...are u guys really into Drag Race?
So many seasons had mid starts and became great, while others started amazing and ended up being a boring season. lol

I guarantee u guys are going to miss on some good stuff. lol

• Like 1

Last episode was great...(besides some horrible runways and a terrible lipsync lol)

The moment with Malditta talking about her HIV status.
The fight at the beginning of the episode.
The acting challenge was pretty fun.
Hellena and Organzza's runway <3

• Like 1

Just watched the premiere episodes

Organzza is a STAR like yes queen

Weird challenge like all said, but the queens are so warm and likable. I did not know drag queens had it this hard in a country as iconically gay as Brazil

**** religion 

Gretchen was mother, I did NOT expect her to be so elegant and “together” :skull: looked the best i’ve ever seen her too

like permanent judge please it’s only appropriate for this GAY LEGEND

Edited by hétérosexuelle

I'm scared to start this franchise, I have not heard good things :biblio:

Yeah, I'm sorry to say this but Brazil is not giving so far (which is insane considering how entertaining Brazilian TV generally is). Like I've been genuinely bored watching the first few episodes, which is usually not a good sing. Hopefully it'll get better as the season goes on.

Organza and Naza devoured last episode's runway though :clap3:

This season is so disappointing. :rip: the overall vibe of the season is so rehearsed and not an indicative of Brazilian drag at all.

Hellena Maldita should have been the sole winner of that design challenge, I'm anything Rubi Ocean should have shared the win with her not Naza!

Naza's look was too costumey and busy, whilst it was a fully realised look it was the definition of safe. But the judges keep on giving her the Krystal Versace treatment so I would not be surprised if she is pushed to the end. 

Dallas De Vil should have lipsynched

Edited by Mads Trier
  • Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

This was the best episode so far.  Hope the upward trajectory continues.  

Helena shoulda just been the sole winner but as long as she got the win idc.  Deserved bottom two and sadly deserved elimination even though I liked her.  

I hope Betina gets her redemption arc.  I really like her. 

Dallas is such a messy bad baby queen but I like her anyway :skull:  

• ATRL Moderator
14 hours ago, Mads Trier said:

Hellena Maldita should have been the sole winner of that design challenge, I'm anything Rubi Ocean should have shared the win with her not Naza!

Naza's look was too costumes and busy, whilst it was a fully realised look it was the definition of safe. But the judges keep on giving her the Krystal Versace treatment so I would not be surprised if she is pushed to the end. 

Dallas De Vil should have lipsynched

My issue is that Naza her look was well crafted but it was tacky as hell 

Best episode of the season by a mile!

I do think Grag is an absolutely fantastic host, it feels like they have been hosting the franchise for years.

Shannon deservedly won finally. It feels very correct!

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

The increase in quality continues.  

Shannon devoured both the runway & challenge. Deserved win :clap3: Didn't like Miranda's runway at all so glad she didn't win.

Aquarela & Dallas were both about equal on the lipsync, but can see why Dallas stayed.

Does it really gets better? the first 3 episodes were Down Under / Italia level, awful looks and awful performances.

Organzza is the only star there.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, alfonso12 said:

Does it really gets better? the first 3 episodes were Down Under / Italia level, awful looks and awful performances.

Organzza is the only star there.

It does get better but not *amazing*. First 3 are mid, ep4 is decent, ep5 is the first *good* episode 

Episode 3 is definitely the lowest point.  :laugh:

• ATRL Moderator

The girls do not like Naza… the crickets when she shantayed

She does kinda give kidz bop drag not gonna lie but she won the lipsync.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.