Napoleon | November 22, 2023 | Ridley Scott epic releases first trailer

mystery

Edited by mystery

Ooh! Looks nice.

Looks very standard (voices about bad screenings with audience could be true seeing the trailer). I don't think it's Oscar material even for the technical categories. Probably only Phoenix has some chance for a nominee. 

Here for Josephine 

Vanessa Kirby is slowly but surely winning the race among the new girls 

she’s got that Cobbs Fast Furious movie the Mission Impossible ones The Crown 

Miss Mama is WORKING 

28 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Looks very standard (voices about bad screenings with audience could be true seeing the trailer). I don't think it's Oscar material even for the technical categories. Probably only Phoenix has some chance for a nominee. 

Ridley Scott has been hit and miss mostly because he works too fast, so fast that it lacks authenticity ...

Directors like him are all business. They just do their job and don't mess around with the details.

My understanding is that he is a technically proficient director that is really all about doing his work and moving on, that's why he has a legendary reputation with studios, he will never stray out of a budget or over a deadline

1 hour ago, Eóghan said:

Ridley Scott has been hit and miss mostly because he works too fast, so fast that it lacks authenticity ...

Directors like him are all business. They just do their job and don't mess around with the details.

My understanding is that he is a technically proficient director that is really all about doing his work and moving on, that's why he has a legendary reputation with studios, he will never stray out of a budget or over a deadline

yes, but on a technical side he has been one of the greatest ever...now i think the problem is more being old :ducky:

anyway this looks very generic and with not enough committment.

Clearly he's not kubrick with every scene studied for 3 months but as you said something without too much details. 

i'm talking about kubrick cause e took 5-8 years to make a movie  (not only to direct it but to build it) and it's well know his intention was to make a movie about Napoleon (waterloo battle in particular).

Edited by vale9001

this honestly looks AWFUL

Excited for this tbh and shocked it took this long to make a movie about Napoleon - his story is so interesting 

• 4 months later...

And just like that, the film is still in the conversation:

only 70 metascore.

his only contender in the last 20 years was martian, with 80 metascore and $631 mil. 

Edited by fridayteenage

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.