Why did Fearless (TV) do under 300k?

Mattyboy

I don't like that album. Spek Now is one of my faves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Simply not vinyls on first week. They Will be half of speak now numbers.

Also the vault tracks were a non event. Red and speak now got videos.

Also if i'm not wrong She released love story and also 2 vault songs before the album release, so streaming numbers for the First week were weakest. 

Especially love story with the album would have probably made big numbers. 

Even with the vinyl, it wouldn't have done more than 400k/450k. 

What I really think is that Taylor got bigger between 2019/2020 and 2021/2022 in the Gen Z demographics in general. Especially due to Tiktok exposure and her being very active in the streaming era.  From 2015 to 2019 she was really losing hype and fame with each of her eras, but then she started becoming very active with her releases and releasing album after album, which lead to her getting a newer fanbase from the Gen Z.  

Edited by PopFan1996

-It was the first re-recording & Taylor stated she thought it would be viewed as a passion project 

-Mr. Perfectly Fine is the only good vault song 

-no music videos/promo like Red or Speak Now got

4 minutes ago, Pink Whitney said:

-It was the first re-recording & Taylor stated she thought it would be viewed as a passion project 

-Mr. Perfectly Fine is the only good vault song 

-no music videos/promo like Red or Speak Now got

The don't you disrespect :katie:

3 hours ago, Jude said:

I started liking Taylor's albums since Speak Now. I knew some of her singles from Fearless and Self-titled but didn't care much about those albums. I think so many of her fans have the same feeling as mine.

exactly this self titled will do even less than fearless

A quick album, I fear :gaycat:

6 hours ago, Feanor said:

Unlike 'RED (TV)' and 'Speak Now (TV)', the vinyl of 'Fearless (TV)' weren't available on its first week. They were shipped a few months later, together with the signed CDs. She sold 146k vinyl and signed CDs that week, and if those had been available from the start, its first week sales would've exceeded 430k.

This. :clap3:

Plus with it being the first TV released, Taylor herself said she wasn’t sure if the re-recordings would be welcomed by the fans. Once she saw they were, she made Red TV an “event” (also ATW10 really helped out in that regard). 

Justice for Fearless TV though, one of her bests. :weeps:

Edited by 1989

No song with a big push, no music videos, no promo, bad hype campaign (releasing vault songs like that before the album for maximum impact as everyone knows most of the album), no vinyl and less time for preorders than Red or Speak Now TV, she also had a colosal career boost after it. It did more than fine all things considered and was a key stepping stone for her current insane moment.

It suffered from being the first TV and its timing is unfortunate as Taylor was only on her way back to being a force after the downfall (for her standards) from Reputation and Lover. It would have done worse if released before Folklore/Evermore.

Also, Red and Speak Now TVs, if released first, wouldn't have done as well as they did (or doing in the case of SNTV). Still, I feel like Red TV would have done better than FTV regardless of release schedule.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.