Enough time has passed... Red (TV) remains the best rerecorded album. Surprised?

Treason

Best Taylor Swift Rerecorded Album  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which rerecorded album is the best so far?

• Fearless (Taylor's Version)
    • Red (Taylor's Version)
    • Speak Now (Taylor's Version)
  2. 2. Which album cover is the best?

• Fearless (Taylor's Version)
    • Red (Taylor's Version)
    • Speak Now (Taylor's Version)

taylor-swift-red-roundtable-900x600.jpeg

Red (Taylor's Version) has the most improved songs production-wise, vocal-wise, and also the best vault tracks, followed by Speak Now (Taylor's Version) and Fearless (Taylor's Version).

Do you agree?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Very surprised, since Speak Now re-recording surpasses Red in all regards!!!! Red probably would have been the better one if Max Martin was included and worked on his productions for me, but they are totally botched on the re-recording.

Album cover goes to Red though. Truly great cover imo!

I do however think Red has the better vault tracks considering there are 9 and I like them all. 

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 1

Speak Now (TV) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RED (TV) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fearless (TV)

Peak Now outsold. Hope the Max songs on 1989 TV don't get butchered. 

Let’s see…. How many songs were botched on each.

Speak Now TV: Sparks Fly. They didn’t even try to make this sound like the OG :rip:

RedTV: WANEGBT, 22, IKYWT, and Girl At Home. These either sound like cheap karaoke covers or completely different (Girl At Home)

SN TV wins for the most faithful re-recordings.

Edited by Buffy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Girl At Home

I pretend this doesn't exist. I have never hated something so much. Karma remix comes very close. She deserves jail for what she did to that track.

Edited by Gladiator

Just now, Gladiator said:

I pretend this doesn't exist. I have never hated something so much. She deserves jail for what she did to that track.

I don’t mind the new changes but I don’t use it. There was nothing ever wrong with the original. I loved the original’s production. Never understood the hate for it. I feel like her fans bullied her into changing it.

• Like 1

Oh please, even Sparks Fly Lite on the TV is better than half of all of Red.

Edited by Taylor fanboy

I don’t mind the new changes but I don’t use it. There was nothing ever wrong with the original. I loved the original’s production. Never understood the hate for it. I feel like her fans bullied her into changing it.

The original was perfect. It was one of my favorites on the album.

How did anyone bully her into anything? There was no discourse surrounding the song before RedTV came out.:rip: She always wanted it to sound the way it sounds now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Oh please, even Sparks Fly Lite on the TV is better than half of all of Red.

Not Sparks Fly Lite :bibliahh:

Red’s cover clears all of them. I haven’t listened to speak now yet in full but for me fearless was leaps and bounds better than the original vocally. Only a few songs were better as the originals. Red probably would’ve been better if Max had been brought back for the re-recorded tracks. 

I honestly think Fearless and Speak Now benefitted more from the re-recording since they're older, but Red remains better cause it's simply the better album overall. Also, the Red vaults absolutely destroy the others. 

• Like 1

Just now, Frogger17 said:

How did anyone bully her into anything? There was no discourse surrounding the song before RedTV came out.:rip: She always wanted it to sound the way it sounds now.

I always saw LOTS of hate for it on ATRL. Many users switched sides as soon as they heard the TV calling it a club bop :rip: I have a very vivid memory because GAH is one of my top tier tracks from RED. I was one of the minorities who showed love for it the past decade. But the hate it had wasn’t just on this forum, it was everywhere else online. I’m sure Taylor was aware.

Not Sparks Fly Lite :bibliahh:

Christopher Rowe when I catch you!!! 

• Haha 2

• ATRL Moderator

I think Fearless TV is the biggest improvement across the board, but it's not as strong of an album as the other 2.  Red TV had a lot of highs and a handful of lows, and Speak Now TV is in between.

It's honestly hard to say but they've all got their pros and cons.  Basically...

-Fearless TV is the biggest improvement from the original

-Speak Now TV is, in my opinion (I know not everyone will agree) the best album of the 3)

-Red TV has the highest highs and lowest lows.

If anything, I think Red TV is the worst so far, although I enjoy GAH a bit too much, she really upgraded it from the version we've heard on "stolen" ver. :jonny6: I'm yet to decide if I like Fearless or SN more :chick3:

Speak Now is definitely the best one so far if we're talking re-recordings only.

Now, as a package, Red is the best one. All the vault tracks are 10's while Speak Now and Fearless vault tracks are very mid and unessential.

I agrih

I was a certified boRED hater with the stolen version but something just CLICKS with sacRED TV

As a certified lifelong obsessed Red stan… I just can’t agree.

Speak Now was elevated completely by the re-recording process. Every single song sounds better to me, while Red is somewhat marred by the presence of its three re-recorded pop singles (WANEGBT being the biggest issue). Further, there are more little moments on Red TV that don’t match the energy of the original for me. I still love it, and it’s still in my top three Taylor albums and probably always will be, but strictly in terms of the re-recording process itself, Speak Now soars far above the other two so far. It’s like how The Way I Loved You became a sudden and instant career highlight, but for an entire album.

Red has All Too Well (10 minute TV) so it wins by default

• ATRL Moderator

Speak Now washes I fear 

The way overRatED stans cannot claim recency bias since these albums have cobwebs already.

Supreme Now! :clap3:

spacer.png

54 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I honestly think Fearless and Speak Now benefitted more from the re-recording since they're older, but Red remains better cause it's simply the better album overall. Also, the Red vaults absolutely destroy the others. 

this exactly.

also I like the Red TV cover the best. hate Fearless TV cover but I guess when the source material isn't good, there wasn't much she could do :redface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.