Taylor vs Garth - bigger (US)?

Jjang

Bigger in the US?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger in the US?

Garth Brooks is the biggest solo artist of all time in the US.  He is second only to the Beatles.  

The man has 9 Diamond albums. 

But Taylor is the Female Beatles….. so……

5 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Garth Brooks is the biggest solo artist of all time in the US.  He is second only to the Beatles.  

Taylor first 5 are defo diamonds 

And Lover and Midnights too

So that's 7 in next 4-5 yrs.

10 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Aren’t those double albums that counted twice or something 

I don’t know what a Garth Brook is but me and my cat vibe to karma so miss Swift wins this c 

8 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Taylor first 5 are defo diamonds 

And Lover and Midnights too

So that's 7 in next 4-5 yrs.

In that case, we shall talk in 4-5 years. 

• Haha 1

Singles? Taylor

Pure album sales? Garth

Streaming? Taylor

Touring power? Taylor

Social media followers? Taylor

Garth, based on albums

Taylor is bigger with hits

He sold several DIAMOND albums :deadbanana: they weren't double albums, nor did he need Streams.

7 minutes ago, WEEKND said:

I don’t know what a Garth Brook is but me and my cat vibe to karma so miss Swift wins this c 

I think he had a live album that sold 10 million copies and is certified 21x platinum and a greatest hits which is a triple disc set that sold about 3 million copies but is certified 10x platinum.

the rest were single discs I believe. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chartman said:

Singles? Taylor

Pure album sales? Garth

Streaming? Taylor

Touring power? Taylor

Their touring power is about even.  I think Garth has the record for biggest US tour of all time.  

2 minutes ago, WEEKND said:

Pure sales (last updated five years ago) 

Garth Brooks - 8.2m 

No Fences - 15.3m 

Ropin' The Wind - 12.7m 

Beyond The Season - 3.4m 

The Chase - 7.2m 

The Hits - 10m 

In Pieces - 6.7m 

Fresh Horses - 5.1m 

Sevens - 8.2m 

Double Live - 8.8m 

The Ultimate Hits - 4m 

The Magic of Christmas - 1.3m 

The Life of Chris Gaines - 1.2m 

Scarecrow - 3.2m 

Me Against The Machine - 750k 

This is missing releases like 

Triple Live (x4 plat)

The Ultimate Collection (x9 plat)

Blame it on my Roots (x4 plat) 

couldn't find their sales... 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, byzantium said:

No he isn't and he only has 2 albums that sold 10M sales WW let alone in the US.

Most of his certifications are fraudulent double counting where the same album sale counts for like 5 of his "diamond" albums.

His entire musical existence seems to be milking the hicks of all their worth into fraudulently buying diamond certifications.

His WW sales:

CSPC-GarthBrooks-AlbumSalesSummary.png?l

If you want to know more about his fraudulence, his entire chartmasters page talks about it and you can read about it on several old forums.

https://chartmasters.org/garth-brooks-albums-and-songs-sales/

6 minutes ago, Miss Americana said:

No he isn't and he only has 2 albums that sold 10M sales WW let alone in the US.

Most of his certifications are fraudulent double counting where the same album sale counts for like 5 of his "diamond" albums.

His entire musical existence seems to be milking the hicks of all their worth into fraudulently buying diamond certifications.

His WW sales:

If you want to know more about his fraudulence, his entire chartmasters page talks about it and you can read about it on several old forums.

Ok, Using this source the man still is at 107 million units in the US.  That is about 40 million more than Taylor. 

11 minutes ago, Miss Americana said:

His WW sales:

I went against the swift charts regime once and was left defeated and in awe 

I knew you girls would expose the truth. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Miss Americana said:

His WW sales:

I don't get what you're trying to prove here when the same source that supposedly exposes his fraudulence claims he sold 107m pure albums in the US:deadbanana2: 

41 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Garth, based on albums

Taylor is bigger with hits

He sold several DIAMOND albums :deadbanana: they weren't double albums, nor did he need Streams.

He made them only available in a boxset for a number of years. So he would get 6 sales at one time. I think Walmart did it as a partnership with him. It was sold for a relatively low price. It is how he managed to have so many diamond albums. 

Double Live is the only double album he had. It went platinum instantly with only 500,000 sold. There was a multiple cover gimmick like Taylor does to sell more.

Taylor is a lot like Garth at his prime. Similar entrepreneurial skills. 

57 minutes ago, Chartman said:

Singles? Taylor

Pure album sales? Garth

Streaming? Taylor

Touring power? Taylor

How can you compare them in streaming and social media followers? Are you serious?

3 minutes ago, dejmieeen said:

How can you compare them in streaming and social media followers? Are you serious?

Well, just like they can't really be compared in terms of pure sales. 

(though the social media followers should be erased cause who tf cares about that?)

11 minutes ago, Jjang said:

I don't get what you're trying to prove here when the same source that supposedly exposes his fraudulence claims he sold 107m pure albums in the US:deadbanana2: 

He has not gone #1 on the Billboard album chart since the day I was born (2001) except one fraudulent compilation that barely went #1 in 2013 with 140k sales and exited the chart after 18 weeks. Yet you still want me to believe he sold 60M album copies during this period (2001-2023).

The sales are not adding up.

The only reason that pathetic compilation that rivals dua lipa fraudulence went #1 is because he rebundled and sold his "diamond" albums that were already sold separately AGAIN. 

The 8-disc set, sold exclusively through Walmart and Sam's Club stores, includes 77 songs on six compact discs, plus 33 music videos, and a full-length live performance from the Garth at Wynn residency show in Las Vegas, on two DVDs. Four of the CDs are new studio albums composed entirely of cover songs. The remaining two CDs and the DVD in the set are a reissue of The Ultimate Hits.

Taylor Swift!

I don't know ONE Garth Brooks song but I know thousands of Taylors 

5 minutes ago, Miss Americana said:

He has not gone #1 on the Billboard album chart since the day I was born (2001) except one fraudulent compilation that barely went #1 in 2013 with 140k sales and exited the chart after 18 weeks. Yet you still want me to believe he sold 60M album copies during this period (2001-2023).

The sales are not adding up.

The only reason that pathetic compilation that rivals dua lipa fraudulence went #1 is because he rebundled and sold his "diamond" albums that were already sold separately AGAIN. 

But CM (the link you provided) already did the dirty work for us and specified how much he actually sold in pure album sales. According to RIAA, he's certified as x157 platinum but according to the source you provided (again, which deals with how many individual units were sold) he sold 107m of those in pure. Still far more than Taylor. 

Edited by Jjang

9 minutes ago, Klein said:

Well, just like they can't really be compared in terms of pure sales. 

(though the social media followers should be erased cause who tf cares about that?)

You write this, because you a fan of White mediocrity, but think twice - you could buy CD then and now both, and did you have social media in 90s? 

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Jjang said:

But CM (the link you provided) already did the dirty work for us and specified how much he actually sold in pure album sales. According to RIAA, he's certified as x157 platinum but according to the source you provided (again, which deals with how many individual units were sold) and he sold 107m of those. Still far more than Taylor. 

I don't give a **** about Taylor's sales. God knows she'll soon outsell everyone except a very select few at the top.

But I hate that this hick gets compared to The Beatles and Mariah while he doesn't even half of their demand and popularity and is only on their level because of insistent fraudulence and scam. 

I was gonna vote for Taylor but the replies are making me doubt :rip: 

1 minute ago, Miss Americana said:

I don't give a **** about Taylor's sales. God knows she'll soon outsell everyone except a very select few at the top.

But I hate that this hick gets compared to The Beatles and Mariah while he doesn't even half of their demand and popularity and is only on their level because of insistent fraudulence and scam. 

hick? :rip:

hes a liberal ally tho :rip: 

only atrl thinks Garth is a flop with no demand but thankfully in reality the opposite is true :clap3: 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.