Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

Why do I feel like this movie would've fared so much better had it clashed with Dune, as it was supposed to be:dies:

Another Barbenheimer secenrio could've saved Brie's flop ass:shutup:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Why do I feel like this movie would've fared so much better had it clashed with Dune, as it was supposed to be:dies:

Another Barbenheimer secenrio could've saved Brie's flop ass:shutup:

I’m not sure about that. Don’t forget Dune was going to take up all IMAX screens. That probably would’ve hurt The Marvels even more.

2 hours ago, Gossip_Boy said:

I’m not sure about that. Don’t forget Dune was going to take up all IMAX screens. That probably would’ve hurt The Marvels even more.

Well at least the people would've been aware this movie was out if there was a competition. Even I forgot about the existence of this movie until I saw this thread's title.

Damn, it’s worse than I expected :rip:

And honestly out of the upcoming slate probably only Deadpool will make actual

bank. They really need to rethink what to do moving forward. 

Yeah that’s worse then I expected:gaycat6: this is aiming at $270M range with The Flash. 

MCU is on the way out, and I say that with a Captain America avi. 

Endgame practically killed the momentum, because that was closure. 

We really need lower budget Marvel movies that are more experimental. The same tired storylines with the same tired jokes aren't cutting it anymore. Start the X-Men franchise already and stop teasing it

• Like 1

I didn’t realize this made Nia now have the biggest opening ever for a black woman director :redface:

Marvel is so going back to lower budgets and older directors again tho

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

3 hours ago, AmericanIdol said:

We really need lower budget Marvel movies that are more experimental. The same tired storylines with the same tired jokes aren't cutting it anymore. Start the X-Men franchise already and stop teasing it

I'm saying. Should've ended at Endgame and then we should've just had a movie to tie everything to the x-men and start fresh from there and just keep doing Spider-man movies on the side or something. 

6 hours ago, AmericanIdol said:

Disney? Experimental? Ru never. 

Not Stephen King lashing some ATRL users like this! :deadbanana:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Airlie said:

People finally realizing watching superheroes as grown ass adults is cringe 

Comments like this are so ******* annoying. There’s nothing ‘cringe’ about adults watching and enjoying superhero movies or television shows. Especially when you have things like Deadpool, The Boys, Kick-Ass and Logan which are clearly aimed at a more mature audience. 

It’s also funny that you’re a member of ATRL where you have threads with pages and pages of people arguing back and forth about singers that don’t even know they exist. Let’s not act like you’re above ‘cringe’ :gaycat6: 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Weekend actual went up $1M to $46M.

But, the Sunday went even lower to $9.2M. A 40% drop on the opening Sunday... 

Not sure what is happening in North America but in my country most people start boycotting Disney movie due to Israel-Palestine conflict

:khalyan:

It’s a shame it’s tanked as hard as it did, the movie wasn’t even bad, I went in to watch it expecting the worse and was pleasantly surprised, it was better than The last Thor and Antman films that’s for sure.

5 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

not sexism :rip: 

If you think Stephen King is the one being sexist then I suggest you re-read what he said. I also don’t know why you felt the need to downvote my previous comment? What about it offended you?

:ryan3:

I used to like Marvel but they fell off hard, I think I've seen one movie and one show of theirs post-Endgame :suburban:their formula has just run so stale, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this judging by their recent BO numbers.

I'm here for new X-Men films though 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.