Box Office Discussion | Deadpool & Wolverine passes $1 Billion at Box Office

Gwendolyn

Does anyone know how much Elemental needs to gross to cross the profitability threshold? I'm really hoping it can, it so deserves it and I'm pleasantly surprised it's crawled its way so far considering its mild debut.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/8/2023 at 12:03 AM, Lovett said:

C'mon Blue Beetle. I'm rooting for a small victory for DC and I like the cast they seem nice and the trailer looked like a fun time

10 hours ago, Pop Art said:

Does anyone know how much Elemental needs to gross to cross the profitability threshold? I'm really hoping it can, it so deserves it and I'm pleasantly surprised it's crawled its way so far considering its mild debut.

I want to say at least $450M? It’s only $25M away so I think it could reach it perhaps this weekend. The only issue is that it releases on digital next week I believe which will probably cut its legs off a little.

22 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer movie.

1 hour ago, Lovett said:

I'm so happy. I loved the movie and was a very special moment for me

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lovett said:

This is great news! Japan better show legs to get this movie above $460M, however 500M is a little off the charts. 

4 hours ago, Cloudy said:

I'm so happy. I loved the movie and was a very special moment for me

5 hours ago, Peroxide said:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer movie.

5 hours ago, Lovett said:

:alexz2::alexz2:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Pop Art said:

Elementals will not pay off the marketing with the theatrical rental revenues alone which costed around $100M. However based on Box Office success Pixar and Disney can accurately predict how it will perform in streaming and TV entertainment (sales, ads and pay-for-TV) which bring heaps of money enough to pay off the marketing and turn a small profit. That's why they pump so much money in their movies to begin with. With a $200M budget and $100M marketing, the movie would need to gross around 600M dollars outside of China to break even. That's one a hell of a risk to be depended on Box Office alone.

Many Disney movies like Brave, Tangled and Princess and the Frog only started turning a profit when the ancillaries were brought to the table.

A small profit in Disney's standards means around 40M-60M dollars, maybe more, maybe less, you get the point.   

On 8/8/2023 at 2:45 PM, DoctorIce said:

You can't really compare a driving simulator with no story or characters with game adaptations like TLOU, Mario etc. :rip: No one asked for a Gran Turismo movie.

What’s up with all the product placement movies this year? :rip: 

Blue Beetle projections already collapsing. Sorry to that movie but I need Barbie to outdo Mario's consecutive weeks at #1.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kylizzle said:

Blue Beetle projections already collapsing. Sorry to that movie but I need Barbie to outdo Mario's consecutive weeks at #1.

Yeah at this rate I just need Barbie to have all the records for 2023 sorry Mario.

11 hours ago, bjorn said:

Barbie debuted with $0.7M??!! What in the tarnation is this 

Barbie is struggling to outgross TLM in Korea and TLM was a fatal bomb there. Barbie is not a huge IP in Asia, in China it gained legs after the first Friday because it was well liked by the audience and got rated high. It's opening numbers on Friday in China were mediocre at best.

At this point even Oppenheimer might outsell Barbie in Japan if it gets released there.

However with Japan or not, Mario wig is 99% likely to be snatched.  

assuming barbie gets $600 mil us, adjusted for inflation it would join just 57 movies all-time.

I'm really happy to see horror movies doing so well at the box office :clap3:

• Like 1

80+ metascore, $400 mil+ US

Force Awakens

Last Jedi

Incredibles II

Dark Knight

Toy Story 4

Lion King

Black Panther

Barbie most likely

Star Wars

ET

Toy Story 3

The non-BP nominees are sequels except animated Lion King.

The BP nominees are originals except animated Toy Story 3. 

Barbie is basically locked to surpass Mario at this point, most analysts are saying it'll probably happen the weekend of or after labor day.

There's at least 3 or 4 films that will have lost over $100M from this summer alone. That has to be a record. :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.