Is the Eras Tour the most impactful concert in the last decade?

Taylor fanboy

25 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Or maybe people don’t like being lied to and gaslit :dancehall:

no one with a brain dares to deny the success but we fail to see how it has impacted our lives and how it’s been influential 

And there is the problem.  Some people just do not understand that their personal experience is not the same experience for everyone and thus struggle to discuss objective situations.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• Steve Johnson

• Badgalbriel

• Rep2000

22 minutes ago, greento said:

in this case no tour has been influential cuz it hasn’t directly impacted our lives :juanny: whatever that’s supposed to mean

Realistically what are you expecting a tour to do that Taylor’s hasn’t done?

It’s probably going to make more money than any tour ever, she performs for 3 hours, covering 44 songs, spanning 10 albums/eras each with different visuals, outfits, routines, governments are asking her to come to their country, it’s impacting the economy of every city it goes to in unprecedented ways, it’s garnering billions of views across social media, tickets selling out instantly, thousands of people listening from outside the sold out stadiums…. 

literally what else do you want to happen

MJ, Madonna, beyonce tours have influenced performers endlessly. They changed the way people perform to this very day, broke through many doors as racial issues and made cultural impact. Even Britney’s us arena tour was the first to bring indoor rain (which I’m told inspired tay in one of her own tours). That’s influence. That’s impact.

corrupt governments demanding the current hot seller to come to their country to pocket more money, is not impact. It’s not changing lives and stereotypes like a Bey show or MJ show

everything you guys list only benefits people with money. Call me when she gets ticket master to get rid of fees, not make them public. Call me when people who go to her concert leave with reimbursements or a new ability gained from it 

OT: since 2020, yes with Ren tour but since 2013? No. Ever? Absolutely not 

Edited by dirrtydiana
  • Like 1

Yes - but only because:

• the Monster Ball Tour happened more than a decade ago;
  • the Lotus Tour never happened;
  • impact isn't measured through a graduated scale.

Ultimately, I agree with the general statement in this thread that a harpsichord performance of Should've Said No would be kick-ass!

7 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Her albums got big boost because the tour made millions of people discover her catalogue and stream it in the first place :rip:

Ok? How does that help or impact us other than her and her company? Or are these new people checking out her music for the first time getting life changing experiences?

5 minutes ago, byzantium said:

And there is the problem.  Some people just do not understand that their personal experience is not the same experience for everyone and thus struggle to discuss objective situations.

Exactly 

4 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

How does that help or impact us other than her and her company?

It is impacting miilions of people hence why they are discovering her music? :rip:

4 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Or are these new people checking out her music for the first time getting life changing experiences?

More than they see rain in a stadium for sure

Not at all. Speaking strictly from my personal experience, the very existence of this tour has only been brought to light for me recently and I certainly wouldn't have heard about it if it weren't for swifties spamming ATRL with mentions of it. Cute numbers though, people were really craving for live concerts after covid and it's showing!

Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

It is impacting miilions of people hence why they are discovering her music? :rip:

More than they see rain in a stadium for sure

Oh wow! I haven’t listened to her music since folklore and some TVs. Lemme go discover evermore and midnights and be “impacted” :toofunny2:

OT: since 2020, yes with Ren tour but since 2013? No. Ever? Absolutely not 

9 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Exactly

You you agree that you lack self awareness. Great that is settled.  

The only impactful thing about this tour is the fact that a robot has more stage presence than Taylor.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

15 minutes ago, ttsmu said:

The only impactful thing about this tour is the fact that a robot has more stage presence than Taylor.

Is being an OTH your entire personality on this website or what? Cause this weird obsession easily rival with the deranged Swifties dragging John Mayer in his comment section. 

Edited by Klein

It’s the biggest tour ever so yes is the only answer. People around me do talk about it casually so it’s impacting the GP I fear

6 hours ago, ttsmu said:

:jonny5:

14 hours ago, ttsmu said:

And who has to use such robot again? :coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean... let's be honest. Michael and Madonna already did everything there is to do.

Michael brought huge spectacle to live pop shows, incorporated magic tricks, his iconography became cemented with performances and of course he elevated his performances with choreography. Not to mention him using tech and props during his shows.

Madonna brought theatre! Blonde Ambition presented a segmented live show to tell an overarching narrative. Not to mention her stage design of the BA Tour. 

Basically what I'm saying is, it's difficult to truly do something innovative when it's all been done before.

Taylor's impact on the economy and political and legislative landscape absolutely still counts as impact and shouldn't be invalidated.

• Like 4

On 6/21/2023 at 11:55 PM, Blue Rose said:

Yes they all do. I just googled the 3 first touring artists that came to mind and

Ed Sheeran

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11843527/ed-sheeran-boost-economy-ipswich/amp/

Pink

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/369620/pink-concert-pumped-14m-into-dunedin-economy
Beyoncé 

https://fortune.com/2023/06/14/beyonce-renaissance-world-tour-drives-sweden-inflation-above-forecast/amp/

There is no doubt that Eras is very successful but it’s just another successful tour. Tourism and tours go hand in hand, it’s literally in the name :rip: 

:dies: Like I said.. they are not the same 

For sure! Madonna and MJ did many great things. They were great performers.

Taylor Swift should not be compared to them because she is doing her own thing. A singer-songwriter-musician playing in stadiums? Who has ever been like her?

To those criticizing her stage presence and artistry, this is a reminder that she did the NPR tiny desk concert thing all by herself, which is something that neither MJ, Madonna or Beyonce can do. 

• Like 5

On 6/26/2023 at 4:28 PM, dirrtydiana said:

Even Britney’s us arena tour was the first to bring indoor rain (which I’m told inspired tay in one of her own tours). That’s influence. That’s impact.

Sig worthy :deadbanana4:

My friends and I were watching the Sticky and Sweet Tour the other day (it was on in the background) and I was saying how this was the highest grossing tour and Taylor was probably gonna out-gross and everyone remarked upon what a disappointing replacement for Madonna, Taylor is.

The tour has impact economically and by demand for sure, but what it's cultural legacy and impact will be... I fear it will tell us something very sad about society.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

News of the day by Swifties logic: Ed Sheeran last tour is the most impactful ever since it's the biggest grossing ever for a solo artist!

It surpassed tours like The Blond Ambition, The Wall World Tour, Bad World Tour :clap3: :clownny:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

On 6/27/2023 at 3:28 AM, dirrtydiana said:

Even Britney’s us arena tour was the first to bring indoor rain (which I’m told inspired tay in one of her own tours). That’s influence.

The delusion hahahahahaha:ahh::ahh::ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.