Is the Eras Tour the most impactful concert in the last decade?

Taylor fanboy

Probably, yes. 

But we need to stop acting like it's some super groundbreaking tour technology wise, or intensively creative. It's okay, it's long, it's extremely loved, it's ultra respected by local politicians, but the Renaissance tour is factually better, for example. 

I'm still going tho lol. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• Steve Johnson

• Badgalbriel

• Rep2000

What exactly would make it the most impactful tour? In my opinion, it isn't. It really hasn't impacted anything 

Just now, popularmoonlight said:

What exactly would make it the most impactful tour? In my opinion, it isn't. It really hasn't impacted anything 

Local economies, for starters.

Even the US Congress talked about it, and in countries like Brazil lawmakers are filing anti-scalping bills because the demand was massive. That's impact. :rip:

4 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Being the biggest tour ever, probably. Creating an economic boom never seen before, possibly as well. Becoming national news everywhere, possibly. Being discussed daily in the congress, probably. These are just a few

1 minute ago, Blade Runner said:

Local economies, for starters.

Even the US Congress talked about it, and in countries like Brazil lawmakers are filing anti-scalping bills because the demand was massive. That's impact. :rip:

Oh, we love an impact on capitalism. I'm from Brazil and fyi, these anti-scalping bills were already happening before TS announced here. They started to go foward after Coldplay and RBD's concerts started selling..

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Being the biggest tour ever, probably. Creating an economic boom never seen before, possibly as well. Becoming national news everywhere, possibly. Being discussed daily in the congress, probably. These are just a few

You just made ALL of that up lol  but that's not unusual from you from what I've seen 

You Just GIF - You Just Made - Discover & Share GIFs

24 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

You just made ALL of that up lol  but that's not unusual from you from what I've seen 

You Just GIF - You Just Made - Discover & Share GIFs

"Being the biggest tour ever"

Taylor Swift's Eras stadium tour to gross $591m in US alone

"Creating an economic boom never seen before"

Generating $5 billion, the Taylor Swift The Eras Tour has an Economic Impact Greater than 50 Countries

"Being discussed daily in the congress"

US Congress to hold hearing on Ticketmaster after Taylor Swift ‘Eras Tour’ saga

you-just.gif

Edited by Artistofthedecade

3 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Let me ask any of those topics outside (real life impact) in a cafe or something and I'll get back to you

you-just.gif

27 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Oh, we love an impact on capitalism. I'm from Brazil and fyi, these anti-scalping bills were already happening before TS announced here. They started to go foward after Coldplay and RBD's concerts started selling..

???? You asked and we gave you examples. Not every impact is "culTuraLL!!1! :nuts:". If you don't like it, that's your problem. 

Just now, popularmoonlight said:

Let me ask any of those topics outside (real life impact) in a cafe or something and I'll get back to you

you-just.gif

So it was not @Badgalbriel making things up, it was just you and your fellow waiters having no clue about the topic 

you-just.gif

Yes, I would put it alongside The Blonde Ambition Tour as the most impactful tour by a female artist. :clap3:

2 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

So it was not @Badgalbriel making things up, it was just you and your fellow waiters having no clue about the topic 

you-just.gif

If my "fellow waiters" (whatever you meant by that) don't know anything about this so called impact, was it really impactful outside this online music forum?

you-just.gif

4 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

If my "fellow waiters" (whatever you meant by that) don't know anything about this so called impact, was it really impactful outside this online music forum?

you-just.gif

Let's hope its impact hits your cafe next when she visits Brazil in November and plays to 300,000 people or things will go down for sure

you-just.gif

Edited by Artistofthedecade

5 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Changing live industry policies thanks to Ticketmaster controversy and massive economic impact it causes in every city she visits to the point of cities renaming themselves? :rip:

2 hours ago, The Music Industry said:

The controversy and "Swift's star power" has inspired a string of bills in the U.S. According to Carolyn Sloane, assistant professor of economics of the University of California, Riverside, the fiasco spurred mass political action because Swift "has scaled her talent through demographic technology".

Federal

• Klobuchar and Blumenthal proposed the Unlocking Tickets Markets Act in the U.S. Senate; it would grant the Federal Trade Commission the power to prevent "excessively long" exclusive contracts and open the market to more ticket-selling companies than just one like Ticketmaster.
  • Pascrell and Frank Pallone proposed BOSS and SWIFT Act (Better Oversight of Stub Sales and Strengthening Well Informed and Fair Transactions for Audiences of Concert Ticketing) in the U.S. House, requiring ticket-sellers to disclose the total cost, including a breakdown of fees, the total number of tickets offered for sale within seven days of an event, and prohibit promoters or venue employees from reselling tickets at elevated prices.
  • Ted Cruz, Maria Cantwell, Jan Schakowsky and Gus Bilirakis proposed the TICKET Act (Transparency In Charges for Key Events Ticketing Act) in both houses of the Congress, requiring ticket platforms to display the full price in advertising and marketing materials and disclose "speculative tickets"—the tickets the seller does not possess when making the sale.

State

• The New York State Assembly enacted a bill in December 2022 proposed by member Kenny Burgos " to crack down on scalping and control the ticket-resale market."
  • In the Washington State Legislature, Representative Kristine Reeves debuted in January 2023 the TSWIFT Consumer Protection Act, which mandates the prohibition of bots or software to buy tickets and restrictions on dynamic pricing. When the bill stalled, Reeves claimed that Ticketmaster has hired lobbyists to "kill" her bill and she "hopes to redraft the measure in the next legislative session."
  • The Minnesota House of Representatives passed the "House File 1989" bill—the title being a reference to Swift's 2014 album 1989—to require Ticketmaster and other companies to reveal all the prices and fees upfront.
  • Members of the Massachusetts General Court introduced the "Taylor Swift Bill" in March 2023 that mandates ticketing companies to disclose full ticket costs upfront and outlaw dynamic pricing in the state.
  • Texas governor Greg Abbott signed the "Save Our Swifties" bill into law in May 2023, banning the use of bots and other technology to bulk-purchase concert tickets. Violation will elicit a penalty of up to $10,000 for every ticket purchase.
  • The California State Assembly passed Bill 8, sponsored by Laura Friedman, Jacqui Irwin and Scott Wilk, that requires ticket sellers to elucidate the total prices upfront.

+

Arguably no tour has ever been this impactful politically :rip:

Except nothing has actually happened. Proposing bills that will never see the light of the day is literally just a waste of time. Not to mention, our politicians have been doing this charade for decades now. Fans complain about prices, politicians say a bunch of buzzwords to score some cool points. Then thoughts and prayers. Then Ticketmaster continues to raise their prices. Fans complain. Politicians yap. Rinse and repeat :rip: 

The only change that happened recently with Ticketmaster is that they are going to show us the full price at the beginning of the buying experience and not at the end with all their hidden fees. And that’s no thanks to Taylor.

2 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

I think the tour is actually impactful, but can't all those words be summarized with "ticketmaster and scalpers bad"? I don't think you need to pad its actual impact with all that. Multiple heads of countries are asking for the tour, you have Philippines re-enacting parts of it in the mall, entire counties changing names, making her major, etc. Like, you could've named actual impact :rip:

I wouldn’t even consider this as impact but yeah it’s slightly better than latching on to the Ticketmaster drama. Heads of state begging pop stars to come perform in their countries and cities is actually very common. Just this year, both Sydney and London had to change their policies so they could have Beyoncé there. And there’s currently a bigger political drama between Coldplay and some Malaysian leaders (they forced Gaga to cancel her concert there few years back and were hoping to do the same to Coldplay) 

Chlöe Bailey was given the keys of Atlanta and had her own day. This is just to show you that all the “perks” the counties did for Taylor, they do for everybody :deadbanana4:

59 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

you-just.gif

Yeah because a random cafe would be a place to go when you need to find economic impact. May you never get back.

6 hours ago, Dephira said:

I have yet to see anyone post a single objective metric by which a different tour is bigger or more impactful 

And Swifties have yet to post a legitimate impact :skull:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

And Swifties have yet to post a legitimate impact :skull:

How is generating $5 billion in economic growth and helping to delay a recession not impact :deadbanana2:

There's not a single other tour by a female popstar that comes to mind. 

Yes :fan:

18 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

How is generating $5 billion in economic growth and helping to delay a recession not impact :deadbanana2:

It’s not impact because that literally happens with every major tour ever. That’s why all these shows get approved. You can google any big tours and this same economic boost will show up. Tours drive tourism, that’s not a new concept.

27 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Becuase "impact!1" apparently is only reserved for Beyoncé, lmfao. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Blade Runner said:

Becuase "impact!1" apparently is only reserved for Beyoncé, lmfao. 

:deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.