Is the Eras Tour the most impactful concert in the last decade?

Taylor fanboy

1 hour ago, Taylor fanboy said:

I can’t remove my stan goggles off so I’ll let ATRL decide. :redface:

spacer.png

Considering shes helping economies on cities performing id have to say yes and there's kinda no denying that. OTHs can't deny the impact she's having with Eras.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• Steve Johnson

• Badgalbriel

• Rep2000

Of course!! Don't let the OTHs and delusional beyhive tell you otherwise

13 minutes ago, Flanders said:

Listen I'm not disputing the fact that this tour is absolutely massive - like, unprecedented. I'm just saying, no one's really talking about the content, it's all about the business side of it.

You need to calm down

ummm the tour is literally propelling one of her song to be a next #1

9 minutes ago, Flanders said:

Listen I'm not disputing the fact that this tour is absolutely massive - like, unprecedented. I'm just saying, no one's really talking about the content, it's all about the business side of it.

You need to calm down

Because frankly everything to talk about the idea and concept of the tour has been done to death by virtue of Madonna herself opening up all that can be done for a tour.

People dont talk about the big pillar LCD or the water flowing halfway through the floor that Beyoncé has for the Formation tour, no one outside of pop fans and Bey fans care about the bee costume or the Honey Balenciaga solo vogue routine in the Renaissance tour (and I say this as someone that religiously watches RWT tiktoks), maybe Pink's ridiculous acrobatics for her tours but even then its talked about in a mocking funny way online esp on Twitter.

Theres nothing to really talk about in terms of content in a tour other than hey X popgirl is doing a world tour simply because everything is a been there done that case, and we have girls like Madonna to thank for that.

So to say that Taylor's Eras tour isnt as great as being purported by Swifties is disingenuous since literally NO tour will ever be talked about for content in the public eye. The public conversation for touring nowadays has always been about the numbers, the issues, the delays, the performing despite issues like a rainstorm, etc.

Do you honestly think the general public cares if Beyoncé performed Alien Superstar tied to a silver bed standing up? Maybe? But thats just zinger of the week the public will forever forget about. What they will remember however is Beyoncé is on tour. Period. Thats it.

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

And I'm begging you, go outside or join social media. The content of this tour is inescapable 

You don't have to beg, I already do both of those a lot. Perhaps you are not aware, but social media is heavily personalized. What you see in your feeds on social media is not the same as me, or anyone else. Sadly, nothing is truly "inescapable" anymore in this fragmented media landscape. If this was 20 or even 10 years ago you might have been right. 

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. and your patronizing tone doesn't make what you're saying any more true. You're just wrong :cm:

Yes it's up there :clap3:

6 minutes ago, Flanders said:

You don't have to beg, I already do both of those a lot. Perhaps you are not aware, but social media is heavily personalized. What you see in your feeds on social media is not the same as me, or anyone else. Sadly, nothing is truly "inescapable" anymore in this fragmented media landscape. If this was 20 or even 10 years ago you might have been right. 

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. and your patronizing tone doesn't make what you're saying any more true. You're just wrong :cm:

numbers don't lie though. Even if your social media doesn't show you anything, there has never been a tour with higher engagement than this tour. 

1 hour ago, ugo said:

How do you define impact objectively ?

Vibes & feels. 

57 minutes ago, ugo said:

People thinking wearing some designer costume from the 90s or having a robot that just moves is impact. Whereas the Eras tour actually have an impact on society and business. 

:redface:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Coldplay, Beyoncé, Benito and Abel says hi

:rip:

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Coldplay, Beyoncé, Benito and Abel says hi

• Like 1

Since u2 360 tour and the born this way ball 

40 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

numbers don't lie though. Even if your social media doesn't show you anything, there has never been a tour with higher engagement than this tour. 

This tea!

TikTok/gen-Z is eating it up

erastouroutfits / erastouroutfit = 1.170B 

renaissancetour = 1.6B 

ATRL lives in a constant state of denial  :ducky:

Why is the Hive letting Bey get dragged like this 

fight backk lol

2 hours ago, Devin said:

Last decade still means last decade. :rip:

I feel like the word impact and its specific implications should be dissected more clearly on this forum. I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment that this tour is a remarkable success in a way that should be noted in the books - but whether the conversation here should be revolved around impact remains unresolved to me. The Blond Ambition Tour for example remains by far Madonna's most impactful tour but something like S&S trumps it commercially. I also don't consider tours like Coldplay's or Ed Sheeran's to be impactful, either. Sure, they are massive cultural events that deserve to be noted in concert history - but not necessarily impactful. 

1 hour ago, MingYouToo said:

Because frankly everything to talk about the idea and concept of the tour has been done to death by virtue of Madonna herself opening up all that can be done for a tour.

Theres nothing to really talk about in terms of content in a tour other than hey X popgirl is doing a world tour simply because everything is a been there done that case, and we have girls like Madonna to thank for that.

This is also true. 

Yes, would definitely say so.

I would define a tour impactful in two ways:

- first, if it in some way influenced other artists to follow something introduced by the said tour (i.e. Blonde Ambition tour and how it influenced artists tours after, in terms of narrative, sctructure, technology, etc.);

- secondly, by its impact in the world, people, fans, etc. (for example Gaga's BTW or Madonna's MDNA in Russia, government censoring of the tours, or unprecedented demand).

I think for now we have definitely seen plenty of ways the Eras tour meets the second definition, and might also see it in the future influencing other artists.

3 hours ago, Devin said:

Last decade still means last decade. :rip:

Everyone knows exactly what the OP means. 

If you’re 35 years old and say “over the last decade of my life,” everyone will know you mean from 25 to 35. No one assumes it’s strictly a period beginning and ending in multiples of 10. 

If you say “in the last century, no one has sold more albums than XYZ,” people know you mean the last 100 years, not specifically 1900-1999. 

Try to stop being a pedantic ass for no reason, weirdo! :heart2: 

2 hours ago, Sannie said:

I think you guys do not understand the difference between 'successful' and 'impactful'. Considering the tour is still ongoing, we do not know what its impact will be. It is very successful, but I do not know about impactful.

When I think of 'impactful', I think of tours like Madonna's Blonde Ambition that laid the groundwork for many future female tours. There is nothing creatively unique or boundary-pushing about the Eras Tour so I am not sure who is going to copy it?

2022 Ticketmaster controversy - Wikipedia

Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour Could Generate $4.6 Billion For Local Economies (forbes.com)

It already has massive political and economical impact. 

2 hours ago, 45seconds said:

This just is objectively not true. You’re all stans so I get the delusion behind inflating your favs  importance since I do it too but like objectively this is untrue. 

Well let's look into objective stats.

Hashtag # views in biggest social media platform

The Eras Tour - 23B

World's Hottest Tour - 7B

Renaissance Tour - 3.1B 

Music Of The Spheres Tour - 2.5B 

After Hours Til Down Tour - 1.6B

It’s by far the most talked about tour of this century :rip:

It’s not even up for debate

1 hour ago, Bmezy said:

Why is the Hive letting Bey get dragged like this 

fight backk lol

I mean, she paved the way as the first female artist in history to do a stadium tour (Formation World Tour, 2016). That happened within the last 10 years. We don't have to brag about TikTok numbers to prove her impact :toofunny3:

Beychella broke the record for most viewed live streamed performance of all time :gaycat5:

Hashtags won't make it into the history books. But The Eras Tour will become the highest-grossing tour of all-time and that is real impact. :clap3:

Two titans of touring :clap3:

The last decade at least.

3 hours ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

Not you sneaking Beyoncé in here when her tour is half empty every other night. :rip: but thanks for confirming the point that no tour is as talked about as The Eras Tour is.

Beyoncé's Coachella concert is less than half-a-decade old and certainly remains one of the most impactful concerts of the last decade, and was regarded as such even before it had a documentary the following year, and it did so remarkably based on concept and content alone and with just two dates.

To think she's a sneak while sharing a lie about her tour too is really telling, and it's interesting that you've taken aim at her and not any of the other options provided in the comment you quoted.

Edited by swissman

Biggest and most impactful tour of all time

31 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Everyone knows exactly what the OP means. 

If you’re 35 years old and say “over the last decade of my life,” everyone will know you mean from 25 to 35. No one assumes it’s strictly a period beginning and ending in multiples of 10. 

If you say “in the last century, no one has sold more albums than XYZ,” people know you mean the last 100 years, not specifically 1900-1999. 

Try to stop being a pedantic ass for no reason, weirdo! :heart2: 

last decade = 2010-2019

past decade = last ten years 

fume btch :heart2:

3 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

The Eras Tour on the other hand, is I think the commercial peak any female artist can ever achieve in the field of touring. This tour has proven shes miles bigger than every popgirl in this department past present and future (yes even including Madonna). This tour was a gratuitous promo campaign of her entire discography repackaged as a massive 3 hour concert spectacle. The Eras Tour proved Taylor Swift is the biggest artist of the century. The impact of this tour comes from the fact that it is an objective proof of how in demand the brand of Taylor Swift is in real life via the form of actual money. The fact that she bolsters cities ACROSS the world MILLIONS in profit from resorts, hotels, restaurants simply for holding a tour date there is something NO other popgirl can say.

Laws are being created against anti trust corporate practices, scalpers in Latin America are causing legal disputes in court, Ticketmaster is facing potential class action lawsuits due to this tour, the Philippines is protesting en masse for her lack of dates there, millions LITERALLY millions are clamoring online to purchase her tickets AROUND the world, cities are being NAMED after her, Presidents and government officials are publicly making statements asking her to tour in their country, its unheard of.

I'm not doubting any of this, but I haven't heard a single thing about any of these events. This is because I don't use social media very much, etc, but my point is that if I (an ATRL member who's into pop music) haven't heard of any of these things, 90% of other people probably haven't either. This thread is the first time I'm finding out about these things. In fact I only even knew she was on tour because I went in the Cruel Summer single release thread.

But to be fair, it's the same with every other tour, hardly anybody outside of fans even know it's happening. I couldn't tell you when these supposed massive Beyonce and Ed Sheeran tours happened either.

And also, none of you let anybody who was around in the 60's hear you say that you think Taylor Swift is the biggest artist ever. They will go ballistic and insist that The Beatles were 10x bigger lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.