Is the Eras Tour the most impactful concert in the last decade?

Taylor fanboy

12 minutes ago, Devin said:

Coldplay, Beyoncé, Benito and Abel says hi

Not you sneaking Beyoncé in here when her tour is half empty every other night. :rip: but thanks for confirming the point that no tour is as talked about as The Eras Tour is.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• Steve Johnson

• Badgalbriel

• Rep2000

1 minute ago, Devin said:

Last decade still means last decade. :rip:

A decade is just a period of 10 years, it doesn't have to be 2010-2019 

Yes it’s the tour of the century :clap3:

3 minutes ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

Not you sneaking Beyoncé in here when her tour is half empty every other night. :rip: 

Fuming asf. :bibliahh:

Isn't it already like the biggest tour of all time by a woman?

I'd say it's one of the most significant tours of all time by a woman artist. Only Madonna's Blonde Ambition seems to have been more significant.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Devin said:

Coldplay, Beyoncé, Benito and Abel says hi

The fact that Beyoncé’s London shows still had tickets readily available a couple of weeks before at regular price whereas Taylor’s pre sale is gonna be a fight to the death and will sell out in seconds

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I think you guys do not understand the difference between 'successful' and 'impactful'. Considering the tour is still ongoing, we do not know what its impact will be. It is very successful, but I do not know about impactful.

When I think of 'impactful', I think of tours like Madonna's Blonde Ambition that laid the groundwork for many future female tours. There is nothing creatively unique or boundary-pushing about the Eras Tour so I am not sure who is going to copy it?

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I’ve never seen a tour quite like this with the insatiable demand, cultural impact, political impact, and economic impact.

The number of government officials writing in to get her to come to their countries / states shows that people are aware of the power she has. Imagine boosting millions of profits in tourism dollars just by getting her in. That is true impact and not some random feeling by some artlers

• Like 1

Just now, Planet Mars said:

Isn't it already like the biggest tour of all time by a woman?

I'd say it's one of the most significant tours of all time by a woman artist. Only Madonna's Blonde Ambition seems to have been more significant.

It is expected to be the top female tour of all time by both gross and attendance.  It also has a pretty decent shot at becoming the top grossing tour of all time which I think would be a first for any female artist. 

I mean, she has a president and minister begging her to come to their country and governors renaming their cities and begging for her attention -which she paid him dust. Not to mention the economic impact she is bring to every city/country.

Edited by dussel_06
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, byzantium said:

It is expected to be the top female tour of all time by both gross and attendance.  It also has a pretty decent shot at becoming the top grossing tour of all time which I think would be a first for any female artist. 

This may be true, but in terms of impact and cultural significance, I think the Blonde Ambition tour still reigns supreme for obvious reasons.

But in the last decade, easily.

She will be breaking records in Melbourne since madonna in the 80s so yes she's definitely making history 

5 minutes ago, Margaux said:

objectively speaking, no

How do you define impact objectively ?

Just now, Planet Mars said:

This may be true, but in terms of impact and cultural significance, I think the Blonde Ambition tour still reigns supreme for obvious reasons.

But in the last decade, easily.

Potentially. At some point what is the value of comparing? 

I have literally not seen nor read one article about it aside from the ticket debacle :michael:

It might be infamous in that regard, but as a tour, as art, it hasn't really made a dent from what I've seen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, Flanders said:

I have literally not seen nor read one article about it aside from the ticket debacle :michael:

It might be infamous in that regard, but as a tour, as art, it hasn't really made a dent from what I've seen.

You should go out more. Or maybe join a social media. 

Biggest Tour on earth, heaven and hell 

People thinking wearing some designer costume from the 90s or having a robot that just moves is impact. Whereas the Eras tour actually have an impact on society and business. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

33 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Those tours are not even getting half the traction that Eras Tour is getting on social media or anywhere 

This just is objectively not true. You’re all stans so I get the delusion behind inflating your favs  importance since I do it too but like objectively this is untrue. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

This and Blonde Ambition are going to be the 2 de facto iconic popgirl tours of all time for different reasons.

For Madonna the Blonde Ambition tour redefined what could be done, shown and sang in concerts, by a female artist nonetheless, notwithstanding its commercial prowess it set a blueprint, something no other popgirl, not even Taylor could do. The BA Tour is iconic because it was one of the first theatrical concerts the world has ever seen and to this day is still the blueprint The Eras Tour even follows. Madonna created what we now expect a POPGIRL world tour would look like and it shows.

The Eras Tour on the other hand, is I think the commercial peak any female artist can ever achieve in the field of touring. This tour has proven shes miles bigger than every popgirl in this department past present and future (yes even including Madonna). This tour was a gratuitous promo campaign of her entire discography repackaged as a massive 3 hour concert spectacle. The Eras Tour proved Taylor Swift is the biggest artist of the century. The impact of this tour comes from the fact that it is an objective proof of how in demand the brand of Taylor Swift is in real life via the form of actual money. The fact that she bolsters cities ACROSS the world MILLIONS in profit from resorts, hotels, restaurants simply for holding a tour date there is something NO other popgirl can say.

Laws are being created against anti trust corporate practices, scalpers in Latin America are causing legal disputes in court, Ticketmaster is facing potential class action lawsuits due to this tour, the Philippines is protesting en masse for her lack of dates there, millions LITERALLY millions are clamoring online to purchase her tickets AROUND the world, cities are being NAMED after her, Presidents and government officials are publicly making statements asking her to tour in their country, its unheard of.

Edited by MingYouToo
  • Like 11

12 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

You should go out more. Or maybe join a social media. 

Listen I'm not disputing the fact that this tour is absolutely massive - like, unprecedented. I'm just saying, no one's really talking about the content, it's all about the business side of it.

You need to calm down

1 minute ago, Flanders said:

Listen I'm not disputing the fact that this tour is absolutely massive - like, unprecedented. I'm just saying, no one's really talking about the content, it's all about the business side of it.

You need to calm down

And I'm begging you, go outside or join social media. The content of this tour is inescapable 

39 minutes ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

Not you sneaking Beyoncé in here when her tour is half empty every other night. :rip: but thanks for confirming the point that no tour is as talked about as The Eras Tour is.

Its not half empty :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.