Is the Eras Tour the most impactful concert in the last decade?

Taylor fanboy

8 minutes ago, Headlock said:

A rain machine. You are citing a rain machine as evidence of this, why do you expect anyone to take you seriously :deadbanana4:

This just tells us you don’t know what the word influence means 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by dirrtydiana
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• Steve Johnson

• Badgalbriel

• Rep2000

1 minute ago, dirrtydiana said:

Or maybe people are trying to pass success as impact 🤷‍♀️ 

Baby cakes, you just proved my point :rip:

Just now, Peroxide said:

Baby cakes, you just proved my point :rip:

Which is?

Just now, dirrtydiana said:

Which is?

That your definition of impact is entirely subjective and meaningless.

The only concrete way of measuring a tours success is by looking at the numbers… once again… this tour is set to be THE HIGHEST GROSSING TOUR OF ALL TIME…

You = yes, that might be so… but where’s the “impact”?

Girl. Come on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peroxide said:

That your definition of impact is entirely subjective and meaningless.

The only concrete way of measuring a tours success is by looking at the numbers… once again… this tour is set to be THE HIGHEST GROSSING TOUR OF ALL TIME…

You = yes, that might be so… but where’s the “impact”?

Girl. Come on.

Hold on hold on wait a sec

are you now implying the definition of a word is subjective???

Now I’ve seen it all :laugh:

and yes… that’s how you measure success…. which is not impact 

17 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

This just tells us you don’t know what the word influence means 🤷‍♀️ 

:rip: :rip: :rip:

Guess we can add rain machines to the colorful wigs goalpost which have, *and I quote, seriously*: changed lives, history, the world with scholarships, voting, and innovation influencing artists and tech :deadbanana4:

Edited by Headlock
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

not THAT certain OTH camping in this thread for the last couple of days :bibliahh:

girl move on, it's never that serious

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, kimberly said:

again, over crediting Taylor Swift for something she hasn't actually challenged to change herself. Ticketmaster and their business policy has been a hot topic for a very long time, the current conversation dating back at the very least to the Ticketmaster & Live Nation merger in 2010. it's a cumulative effect, and The Eras Tour disaster was the tipping point. 

I mean, who exactly are you to say this is a case of "over crediting"? The politicians who drafted those bills themselves directly credited Taylor, with some of them even going as far as naming the bills in her honor, such as Brazilian lawmakers naming it the "Taylor Swift Law", or US federal lawmakers naming one the "SWIFT (Strengthening Well Informed and Fair Transactions for Audiences of Concert Ticketing) Act", or the Washington legislature adopting the TSWIFT Consumer Protection Act, or Minnesota adopting the "House File 1989" bill, or Massachusetts General Court recently introducing the "Taylor Swift bill", or the Texas governor signing the "Save Our Swifties" bill :priceless:

And then you go on to admit she was the tipping point for this change, but refuse to say it's impact on society? Ok... But sure Bey giving away scholarships is! :priceless:

Edited by The Music Industry
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

This is only saying it’s making the biggest splash from her generation. All these quotes fail to say what the impact is though. She invented long set lists? Memes? Gowns? that’s been done before. the ren tour is also very long. 
It keeps getting compared to beychella.. if anything this just shows how impactful that show actually was

————

Swifties in here projecting about their fandom being delusional

a swiftie in the other thread saying tay invented guitars, singing and writing:

implying she invented artists reading their contracts:

That’s not what I said lol. This is the 21st century. No one is inventing anything. When someone popularizes something, they are influencing others. It’s very simple.  Anyways 😴

On 6/26/2023 at 1:28 PM, dirrtydiana said:

Britney’s us arena tour was the first to bring indoor rain (which I’m told inspired tay in one of her own tours). That’s influence. That’s impact

:bibliahh:

genuinely sig-worthy 

2 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

genuinely sig-worthy 

A lot of users saying this yet I haven’t seen anyone actually put it in their sig :dancehall:

ot: the receipts say no, it’ll just be #1 with U2’s and Ed’s following behind it

Edited by dirrtydiana

4 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

I mean, who exactly are you to say this is a case of "over crediting"? The politicians who drafted those bills themselves directly credited Taylor, with some of them even going as far as naming the bills in her honor, such as Brazilian lawmakers naming it the "Taylor Swift Law", or US federal lawmakers naming one the "SWIFT (Strengthening Well Informed and Fair Transactions for Audiences of Concert Ticketing) Act", or the Washington legislature adopting the TSWIFT Consumer Protection Act, or Minnesota adopting the "House File 1989" bill, or Massachusetts General Court recently introducing the "Taylor Swift bill", or the Texas governor signing the "Save Our Swifties" bill :priceless:

And then you go on to admit she was the tipping point for this change, but refuse to say it's impact on society? Ok... But sure Bey giving away scholarships is! :priceless:

I really don't care to elaborate further at this point, because whatever I say is falling on deaf ears. The Eras Tour's failure to provide tickets to actual fans is what the tipping point was. Neither Taylor Swift nor The Eras Tour are responsible for any of the legislation proposed regarding ticketing practices or disrupting Ticketmaster's monopoly. Calling this impact and showing the legislation names as proof is like claiming access to abortion rights in the US were Henry Wade's impact, because his name was in the Supreme Court ruling. :coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

Hold on hold on wait a sec

are you now implying the definition of a word is subjective???

Now I’ve seen it all :laugh:

and yes… that’s how you measure success…. which is not impact 

Explain this to me - what metric are you using to “measure” somethings impact?

Success (in this case attendance and projected tour gross) is absolutely a barometer to measure something’s impact and/or cultural influence.

Denying this makes no sense :rip:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

Explain this to me - what metric are you using to “measure” somethings impact?

Success (in this case attendance and projected tour gross) is absolutely a barometer to measure something’s impact and/or cultural influence.

Denying this makes no sense :rip:

Refer to the previous pages for the answer :celestial4:

Refer to the previous pages for the answer :celestial4:

Ah yes… a tour having a rain machine is the metric you’re using.

I see.

Just now, Peroxide said:

Ah yes… a tour having a rain machine is the metric you’re using.

I see.

User Kimberly posted a whole list yet y’all are fixated on my mention of the first indoor rain in an arena concert because y’all have no argument 🤷‍♀️ 

User Kimberly posted a whole list yet y’all are fixated on my mention of the first indoor rain in an arena concert because y’all have no argument 🤷‍♀️ 

I’d refer you to Aristotle’s response.

What kind of impact exactly does this tour (allegedly) have? Commercial success ≠ impact. 

this thread is ******* hilarious lmfao

28 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

What kind of impact exactly does this tour (allegedly) have? Commercial success ≠ impact. 

Being the biggest tour of all time IS impact. The multi billion dollar economy boost it's creating around the tour dates IS impact. Everyone and everything from football teams, to even Peppa Pig's account copying the tour poster; the Ticketmaster fiasco and the mayhem it created even in the senate; the unprecedented boost it generated in her catalogue (the point of touring is literally promoting your work); having thousands of people even trying to hear as much as they can from outside the stadiums (joining the 60-80k that have been inside each show); influencing other artists to make longer concerts - already starting with the Jonas Brothers that are touring stadiums and arenas this year to promote all their albums in a 3 hour+ show; the billions of video engagements on tiktok (you know, the biggest social media platform right now, and no, no other concert tour or show is generating as much engagement).

Those are things that show impact and relevance. 

Everyone shouting but no impact without being able to tangible show what their alleged "impact!!!111111" is (which very much is the last resource used when there's no argument to make :priceless:).

Even if we talk about impacts subjectbly, it wont represent facts anyway considering ATRL is pretty much bit older LGBT community in western countries.. and it will be less than 1 percent of whole population  anyway...

No. Just because there is high demand, it doesn't make the tour itself impactful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.