Is the Eras Tour the most impactful concert in the last decade?

Taylor fanboy

Not "indoor rain" influence the ******* weather I- :ahh::ahh::ahh:

These delulus who's mentally stuck in the 00s must have not touched grass ever since :ahh:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• Steve Johnson

• Badgalbriel

• Rep2000

3 hours ago, Headlock said:

Sig worthy :deadbanana4:

23 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

The delusion hahahahahaha:ahh::ahh::ahh:

Tell everyone you’re dense without telling them :heart2:

[Britney’s show] was a unique challenge for us because it had never been done before. It took us about two months to see if we could get it to work.
x

Taylor-Swift-Fearless-Tour-Second-Leg-20

14 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

[Britney’s show] was a unique challenge for us because it had never been done before. It took us about two months to see if we could get it to work.
x

Oh wow, a picture of *rain*? On stage nonetheless? Wow, such rarity! Much influence. /s

37 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Not "indoor rain" influence the ******* weather I- :ahh::ahh::ahh:

These delulus who's mentally stuck in the 00s must have not touched grass ever since :ahh:

This is not the 90s anymore where technology hasn't advanced enough to prepare for *rain shows*, sweetie. You know, the number 1 concern of live performance since... ever.

I didn't know that Britney singlehandedly invented waterproof liveshow equipments. :fan:

Just now, byzantium said:

Wait, is that Britney Stan arguing that Britney invented rain? 

Yes, they really think that Briney taking a shower on stage influencing the whole industry to come up with waterproof equipments for liveshows.

As if it had *never* rained during any shows in the history of mankind before.

Talking about being dense, geez.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

x

You are in here rejecting every bit of evidence regarding the Eras Tour's impact, but turn around and tout a rain machine as proof of impact and influence, that, in using your own goalpost "impacted our lives~~". Like I said, I truly believe at this point your are a Britney set up account, because the nonsense you spread in these threads that end up getting Brit dragged is becoming DMF level tbh :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, Tropical said:

My friends and I were watching the Sticky and Sweet Tour the other day (it was on in the background) and I was saying how this was the highest grossing tour and Taylor was probably gonna out-gross and everyone remarked upon what a disappointing replacement for Madonna, Taylor is.

The tour has impact economically and by demand for sure, but what it's cultural legacy and impact will be... I fear it will tell us something very sad about society.

You mean, it won't be something people watch in the background? :jonnycat:

This is no comment on Madge and her insane legacy, but the goalposts y'all use are hysterical and truly feel like nostalgia manifesting as contempt towards a new cohort of artists reaching similar heights of prior titans. Also, Blonde Ambition is by far the tour to tout as Madonna's legacy, which no one is claiming Taylor is overtaking 

:rip:

Edited by Headlock

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

59 minutes ago, Headlock said:

You are in here rejecting every bit of evidence regarding the Eras Tour's impact, but turn around and tout a rain machine as proof of impact and influence, that, in using your own goalpost "impacted our lives~~". Like I said, I truly believe at this point your are a Britney set up account, because the nonsense you spread in these threads that end up getting Brit dragged is becoming DMF level tbh :deadbanana4:

Y’all truly don’t know how to read. 

I provided actual examples of what an actual “influential” tour looks like given it inspired the artist this thread is about. And I’m not disputing the economical “impact” eras tour is having. I’m asking in what ways does it making so much money influence other artists or impact our lives which in 10 pages not one person has been able to answer.

Edited by dirrtydiana
  • Thumbs Down 6

4 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

Y’all truly don’t know how to read. 

I provided actual examples of what an actual “influential” tour looks like given it inspired the artist this thread is about. And I’m not disputing the economical “impact” eras tour is having. I’m asking in what ways does it making so much money influence other artists or impact our lives which in 10 pages not one person has been able to answer.

You must be living on a whole different plane of existence that economic "impact" doesn't impact your life. This tour is said to boost the economies in multiple countries and help delaying recession. But sure, keep thinking whatever shower your fave had on stage like 20 years ago is the definition of "influential tour" I guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

You must be living on a whole different plane of existence that economic "impact" doesn't impact your life. This tour is said to boost the economies in multiple countries and help delaying recession. But sure, keep thinking whatever shower your fave had on stage like 20 years ago is the definition of "influential tour" I guess.

As pointed out in the previous pages, many artists have that effect on the economy due to tourism. Like music festival. But do we ever see that extra money made in our pockets?

and delaying the recession being credited to her is serving work b!tch ending unemployment, get a grip lmao

5 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

As pointed out in the previous pages, many artists have that effect on the economy due to tourism. Like music festival. But do we ever see that extra money made in our pockets?

and delaying the recession being credited to her is serving work b!tch ending unemployment, get a grip lmao

Then by your definition, no tour is impactful unless you work directly in that industry. Way to move the goalpost. Maybe you should listen to your own fave and end your unemployment, too. Now that's the personal impact you've been looking for. :fan:

Edited by Rep2000

3 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Then by your definition, no tour is impactful unless you work directly in that industry. Way to move the goalpost. Maybe you should listen to your own fave and end your unemployment, too. Now that's the personal impact you've been looking for. :fan:

And now we’re back to the beginning of the only circle y’all don’t know how to get out of. Read through the pages, people already clocked a response like this one. Ah yes better yet I should go to the eras tour as it seems to be an extremely profitable investment for its attendees :fan:

Just now, dirrtydiana said:

And now we’re back to the beginning of the only circle y’all don’t know how to get out of. Read through the pages, people already clocked a response like this one. Ah yes better yet I should go to the eras tour as it seems to be an extremely profitable investment for its attendees :fan:

And not because y'all have been moving your own goalposts so much it circling back. :coffee2:

So self-centered that unless something directly affecting you, you won't even know it exist.

And yes, maybe you should go in order to finally find some joys in life again. :fan: Considering the last impactful tour you saw was that long ago.

Idk why some of yall get so bothered by the fact that Taylor might break Madonna’s record like records are meant to be broken. Just because Taylor is gonna have a gigantic grossing tour (probably the biggest tour ever) doesn’t mean Madonna’s string of records isn’t impressive all of a sudden anymore :deadbanana2:

Plus the Blond Ambition Tour is literally cemented in art history books, Madonna’s legacy ain’t going nowhere

2 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

And not because y'all have been moving your own goalposts so much it circling back. :coffee2:

So self-centered that unless something directly affecting you, you won't even know it exist.

And yes, maybe you should go in order to finally find some joys in life again. :fan: Considering the last impactful tour you saw was that long ago.

Then you must be confusing me with someone else because I have not moved any goal posts I’m just a fact messenger 🤷‍♀️ 

yes I’ll get right on that after you attend the Ren tour. You know, the most impactful show this decade 

On 6/26/2023 at 1:13 PM, greento said:

in this case no tour has been influential cuz it hasn’t directly impacted our lives :juanny: whatever that’s supposed to mean

Realistically what are you expecting a tour to do that Taylor’s hasn’t done?

It’s probably going to make more money than any tour ever, she performs for 3 hours, covering 44 songs, spanning 10 albums/eras each with different visuals, outfits, routines, governments are asking her to come to their country, it’s impacting the economy of every city it goes to in unprecedented ways, it’s garnering billions of views across social media, tickets selling out instantly, thousands of people listening from outside the sold out stadiums…. 

literally what else do you want to happen

so you've described that this tour is a blockbuster. no one's denying that.

what exactly is the impact? what does she bring to the table that other pop stars haven't yet? what makes it more significant than every other concert from the last 10 years?

invalid answers: tickets selling fast, people are waiting outside the stadium, highest gross, flow of capital, TikTok likes...

I'll give you the 3-hour performance. that's surely a feat. the rest... other stadium tours have covered 40+ songs and 10+ albums before. other tours also have visuals, outfits and routines for different acts :rip:

I am still failing to see how this concert is the "most impactful" besides how financially lucrative it has been for Swift, Ticketmaster, hotels and venues, which every Swiftie keeps parroting as an answer. 

let me name some actually impactful concerts of the last decade:

- Beychella: first Black woman to headline Coachella, highlighting HBCUs and HBCU marching bands.

- One Love Manchester: huge lineup, massive fundraising effort, Ariana putting her fans and anyone else suffering first, before her needs.

- Voyage: ABBA's hologram show, $175M budget for revolutionary technology, will have huge impact on concert production for years to come.

- Renaissance World Tour: providing 100 students $1M scholarships, building housing in Houston, giving grants to Black businesses at tour stops directly.

- Sweetener World Tour: broke the HeadCount record for registering the most voters in the US to vote in the elections.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kimberly said:

Renaissance World Tour: providing 100 students $1M scholarships, building housing in Houston, giving grants to Black businesses at tour stops directly.

Eras tour: 

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/taylor-swift-eras-tour-food-bank-donations-1235291794/

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/taylor-swift-donate-florida-food-bank-the-eras-tour-1235302525/

https://www.nme.com/news/music/taylor-swift-is-donating-to-food-banks-on-the-eras-tour-route-3420392

at every stops, she is doing this philanthropic work. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Clock that girl!

The way my main fave Ariana was even inserted :toofunny3: the Sweetener tour IS NOT doing anything sis :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

Maybe you should listen to your own fave and end your unemployment, too. Now that's the personal impact you've been looking for. :fan:

That song was mostly recorded by Myah Marie though, not even Brit followed the advise.

9 hours ago, byzantium said:

Are we surprised at this point :rip:

8 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

I provided actual examples of what an actual “influential” tour looks like

OMG THAT'S TRULY SHOCKING AND SO INFLUENTIAL 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimberly said:

Renaissance World Tour: providing 100 students $1M scholarships, building housing in Houston, giving grants to Black businesses at tour stops directly.

That's all? A billionaire donating money? Wow, truly impactful. Taylor might be the most impactful person on earth then! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Taylor might be the most impactful person on earth then! 

:heart2:

10 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

I provided actual examples of what an actual “influential” tour looks like 

By citing indoor rain? Seriously, you are fully trolling at this point :deadbanana4:

4 hours ago, kimberly said:

so you've described that this tour is a blockbuster. no one's denying that.

what exactly is the impact? what does she bring to the table that other pop stars haven't yet? what makes it more significant than every other concert from the last 10 years?

invalid answers: tickets selling fast, people are waiting outside the stadium, highest gross, flow of capital, TikTok likes...

I'll give you the 3-hour performance. that's surely a feat. the rest... other stadium tours have covered 40+ songs and 10+ albums before. other tours also have visuals, outfits and routines for different acts :rip:

I am still failing to see how this concert is the "most impactful" besides how financially lucrative it has been for Swift, Ticketmaster, hotels and venues, which every Swiftie keeps parroting as an answer. 

let me name some actually impactful concerts of the last decade:

- Beychella: first Black woman to headline Coachella, highlighting HBCUs and HBCU marching bands.

- One Love Manchester: huge lineup, massive fundraising effort, Ariana putting her fans and anyone else suffering first, before her needs.

- Voyage: ABBA's hologram show, $175M budget for revolutionary technology, will have huge impact on concert production for years to come.

- Renaissance World Tour: providing 100 students $1M scholarships, building housing in Houston, giving grants to Black businesses at tour stops directly.

- Sweetener World Tour: broke the HeadCount record for registering the most voters in the US to vote in the elections.

3 hours ago, Steve Johnson said:

The clock :rofl:

Also kii at complaining about economic impact but... giving examples of fundraising and production budget 

31sk0ug.gif

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.