Missing Titanic Submarine Megathread | All Passengers Presumed Dead

WildAmerican

10 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why does going outside your comfort zone have to mean going to the bottom of the ocean?

Miss. Randolph, it doesn't, which is why I acknowledged that this was irresponsible and prohibitively unsafe in my post you quoted. 

nexuscarrie-grace-randolph.gif

I was responding to the user who was talking about relatively safe and precedented activities like climbing mountains, paragliding etc. 

Edited by DoctorIce

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BLΔCKP!NK

• WildAmerican

16 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why does going outside your comfort zone have to mean going to the bottom of the ocean? These kind of risk taking adventures aren’t worth your life. 

They were talking about other adventurous things tho

Anyone setting foot inside a non tested submarine is on their own :skull:

11 hours ago, Starshine said:

billionaires not being satisfied with the life they already have, so they decide to go to space and miles underwater at exorbitant cost  :deadbanana4:

meanwhile 500 migrants on boats capsized for wanting the bare minimum in life, its hard to have empathy for people who put themselves in harms way for pleasure. However I do hope those in the submarine are found safe and alive, if not I think implosion would have been merciful.

True. Im not sorry at all for those losers. When poor migrants die, they just reporting in numbers, like they are rats, not humans.

these white people I swear :deadbanana2: 

who on their right mind would pay to see titanic up close with a submarine run by a ******* playstation controller? :deadbanana2:

This youtuber was on the sub a while ago and they lost comms at one point, they dropped some of the weights and then the comms returned which prompted them to continue the dive but slower. Put closed captioning for English to get a better idea of it.

5 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

I’m so confused why this is such a huge story :deadbanana4:

It is rich people descending in a poorly made sub to observe the most famous shipwreck in the world (a disaster that killed tons of high profile rich people at the time). The Titanic has captured public imagination for more than a century now and this only adds to the overall fascination. There is a big ticking time clock in play for the rescue and the entire situation is basically a media magnet. From the people in it, to the poor construction and ignorance of safety that led to it.

5 hours ago, SLIME said:

The fact that James Cameron is one of 3 people who has been to the deepest part of the ocean. ::redface:

James Cameron was the third person at the time to descend to Challenger Deep but after him more regular dives started which makes the total 27. One of them being Hamish Harding who has gone missing on this sub.

I feel like there's a much larger narrative here to unpack about billionaires thinking their money can help them cheat death. 

There's SO many red flags here from this company prior. Like...how were they missed. The price tag had them assume they were fine?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Attitude said:

The amount of resources that are being used to rescue these people. Not to mention the other people they are putting at risk to dive and look for them. I find it hard to be feel sorry for these people. :skull:

If you can't find sympathy for the billionaires, then find it for the innocent 19 year old boy on board who was simply tagging along for a trip with his dad. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I understand that the official updates are trying not to be negative and offer a bit of hope but we're at the point now where I think it's time to begin acknowledging that these people are probably dead and probably have been for quite some time now. 

I will very gladly be proven wrong if they're found, but I'm struggling to see a reality now where they're located at all, let alone located alive. People vastly underestimate what an unpredictable and dangerous place the deep ocean truly is. Titanic's wreck is at one of the deepest known points of the seabed that isn't in a trench, and the pressure alone at that depth would be enough to kill someone in a fraction of a second upon a depressurization event. 

I truly believe they've been dead this whole time and that whatever caused their death is what caused the communication blackout in the first place. 

Again, I would love to be proven wrong but everything we know now doesn't point to this ending well.

1 minute ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I understand that the official updates are trying not to be negative and offer a bit of hope but we're at the point now where I think it's time to begin acknowledging that these people are probably dead and probably have been for quite some time now. 

I will very gladly be proven wrong if they're found, but I'm struggling to see a reality now where they're located at all, let alone located alive. People vastly underestimate what an unpredictable and dangerous place the deep ocean truly is. Titanic's wreck is at one of the deepest known points of the seabed that isn't in a trench, and the pressure alone at that depth would be enough to kill someone in a fraction of a second upon a depressurization event. 

I truly believe they've been dead this whole time and that whatever caused their death is what caused the communication blackout in the first place. 

Again, I would love to be proven wrong but everything we know now doesn't point to this ending well.

absolutely agree. i doubt they will even be found at all as well. to be honest, the moment this story broke, i assumed they are no longer alive

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

these white people I swear :deadbanana2: 

who on their right mind would pay to see titanic up close with a submarine run by a ******* playstation controller? :deadbanana2:

Apparently Pakistani people :michael:

8 hours ago, JayG said:

Its not if used correctly - The Weeknd, Rihanna & Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Logic, Travis Scott - all of them opened up a buch of initiatives and businesses in their hometowns/countries, gave fans scholarships and jobs etc. Some of our biggest favs do incredible work with their wealth. They pour it back into their craft, their communities, their culture.

I’m talking about multi-billionaires, you know- the men on this submarine. Nobody can ethically obtain billions of dollars without underpaying and overworking many people. Yes, some wealthy people use their money for good, which is great. But a lot of bad needs to be done to make a billionaire a billionaire first. But they know, they can offset it with good media coverage on the good deeds they do once they’ve gotten that money. :rip: And why is Travis Scott here? Lord :bam:

• Thanks 1

As someone who has sky dived, I would never do this. The fact that it takes two hours to go to the bottom is enough for me to tap out of the expedition. I know these are millionaires who could have invested their money into something more meaningful and useful for the world but these are still people who now have families that are hurt and depressed about the loss of their loved ones. A 19-year old was one of the passengers along with his father. Heartbreaking. 

I get the whole we hate billionaires, eat the rich thing but the way some people are openly cheering for these people's deaths because of their wealth is giving sociopath tea

• Like 8

Been Seeing YouTube comments that the integrity of the Submersible may have been compromised because instead of Pure Titanium, the body is a mix of Titanium & carbon fibre which may have caused it to implode.

Another possibility is that it may have unfortunately been entangled in an abandoned, weighted fishing net, which would be practicaly impossible for the ship to escape

Edited by theoghon
  • Like 1

What I don't understand is how they haven't found them yet, if it only takes 2 hours to get down there and they know it isn't far away from the titanic how are they still lost--

12 minutes ago, Phonography said:

What I don't understand is how they haven't found them yet, if it only takes 2 hours to get down there and they know it isn't far away from the titanic how are they still lost--

Drift and currents could have swept them off course for miles the ocean is huge it’s like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Also if the sub was compromised and imploded from the pressure then there isn’t much left to find…

• Like 3

The fish at the bottom of the sea when the submarine landed

Imagine dying by the wreck of the titanic to my heart will go on playing. This story just gets more unbelievable 

Edited by darthdevidem01

8 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Drift and currents could have swept them off course for miles the ocean is huge it’s like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Also if the sub was compromised and imploded from the pressure then there isn’t much left to find…

But I read that at such low depth currents are not really present (?). Honestly I hope it imploded and that it was quick because the alternative is much worse :skull:

1 minute ago, darthdevidem01 said:

This cannot be real:deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

there's nothing funny about this. I feel so bad for the young man who might die, and for his father who has to witness it in that confined space. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.