• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BLΔCKP!NK

• WildAmerican

2 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Can you please elaborate because my dumb ass doesnt get how blood a type of liquid can evaporate within the ocean water, another liquid. Sorry for being dumb.

At that level of intense pressure the blood would simply boil inside the body but since it happened within 30-50 nanoseconds it was basically evaporation. There would be no remains of any of the people in the sub. They all became nothing within less than a second.

If they were a few thousand feet higher with less intensity in pressure, their implosion would have been a bit slower (seconds instead of nanoseconds) and perhaps there would be remains left.

Edited by bad guy

56 minutes ago, Otter said:

"In the course of the text conversation, first reported by Mail Online, Bloom raises concerns over safety - prompted by his son Sean - but is reassured by Rush who writes: "There hasn't even been an injury in 35 years in a non-military sub."

Bloom says he also saw Rush in person in March, and they discussed the dive. Bloom says in his post: "He (Rush) was absolutely convinced that it was safer than crossing the street."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-65967464

This is one of the reasons why all the "stupid" or "they knew what they were signing up" takes rub me the wrong way. Only people have all the hindsight in the world because they've discovered the topic after incident and after journalists and experts broke down info into easily digestible soundbites & sourced documents that wouldn't readily be visible to potential customers. The same people want to suddenly act like submarine/deep water experts but the reality is most would have no personal idea of the saftey of any such vehicle and instead be reliant & trusting in "experts" and referential history. I.e never hearing any similar incident, the company running for x many years etc, and thus feeling safe. The disclaimer they sign is probably brushed away as a legality & necessity, just as most medicines warn of life threatening side effects. 

Anyway time to put this subject to rest besides more regulation being needed to prevent other cowboy CEO's creating high dangerous businesses

Kinda this tbh. 

1 hour ago, GentleDance said:

Blood is made out of cells (most are red blood cells) + plasma (liquid), what happened to the sub will also happen to the cells 

Also I don't think they mean evaporate in a literal sense :sherlock:

1 hour ago, SoSickOfThatSOL said:

Most of our body is water and fat. The pressure under those circumstances caused an implosion (like an explosion, just that instead of going forward, the particles went onward) of the submarine. The same happened to the bodies. The heat made the water go from liquid to gas in milliseconds and the remaining went from solid to ashes. Tragic but at least it occurred so fast they didn’t feel or notice a thing.

16 minutes ago, bad guy said:

At that level of intense pressure the blood would simply boil inside the body but since it happened within 30-50 nanoseconds it was basically evaporation. There would be no remains of any of the people in the sub. They all became nothing within less than a second.

If they were a few thousand feet higher with less intensity in pressure, their implosion would have been a bit slower (seconds instead of nanoseconds) and perhaps there would be remains left.

Wow physics. Fascinating tbh. 

Thank you all.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8JqHUy2/

what i feared. james cam believes that they were trying to ascend before they imploded due to the ballast and fairing being found apart from each other. leading us to believe that they knew something was wrong with the integrity of the submersible :doc: cant imagine that terror

4 hours ago, réveuse said:

This situation is absolutely tragic. And the fact that a 19 YEAR OLD BOY was one of the victims and they're making a documentary out of it already? Oh my goodness. If it was 10-20 years from now, I can understand them making a documentary but just at this moment?

They made a movie based on the Titanic one month after it sank. It even stared one of the survivors. Unfortunately that movie was burned in a studio fire.

This thread is dying, so RIP to the victims of this tragic situation...

Your hearts will go on will go on:heart:

This guy was in the submarine just weeks ago but it got canceled due to bad weather :chick1: The next trip was the deadly one.

2 hours ago, Rebel Lion said:

They made a movie based on the Titanic one month after it sank. It even stared one of the survivors. Unfortunately that movie was burned in a studio fire.

I swear, everything about that boat was cursed.

1 hour ago, Sergi91 said:

This guy was in the submarine just weeks ago but it got canceled due to bad weather :chick1: The next trip was the deadly one.

His entire video gave me chills, imagine being so close to ending up in it, this was literally weeks ago.

Edited by mystery

25 minutes ago, mystery said:

His entire video gave me chills, imagine being so close to ending up in it, this was literally weeks ago.

That was so crazy to watch. :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, Butters said:

what i feared. james cam believes that they were trying to ascend before they imploded due to the ballast and fairing being found apart from each other. leading us to believe that they knew something was wrong with the integrity of the submersible :doc: cant imagine that terror

Yikes... :mazen:

5 hours ago, Butters said:

That must be awful if they did find out something was wrong. :mazen: Imagine the 19-year old, his final thoughts being him realizing that his fears were right all along.

28 minutes ago, Jotham said:

That must be awful if they did find out something was wrong. :mazen: Imagine the 19-year old, his final thoughts being him realizing that his fears were right all along.

Right? Like, thanks, Dad! I keep thinking about how irresponsible of a parent you'd have to be to not only allow your child to come along, but to insist he come. Like, ok, maybe he didn't insist, but the son clearly felt some sort of pressure from the father. Whereas any decent parent in his position would be like, "you can't come. Even if you want to, it's too dangerous and risky, and this is my passion, not yours. I have plenty of money, so you'll be taken care of if I don't make it back."

Idk, maybe the two billionaire tourists really were that mislead about the safety of the vessel, but there were so many warning signs, and Idk how they couldn't use their money to do prior research. Especially if one of them was going to bring his own son along.

2 hours ago, mystery said:

Oh wow :mazen:

How on earth did anyone think this was a good idea? Like wat

3 hours ago, Espresso said:

I'm really saddened for the son. I'll leave it there.

Thank you! No empathy for ultra rich people! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, spree said:

and now some are claiming they faked their deaths.

Who?

On 6/22/2023 at 5:06 PM, Nicholai said:

I mean...

:gaycat6:

:toofunny3:

:rip:

On 6/23/2023 at 7:13 AM, BeenTheShit said:

See this post above.  Directors are going to go absolutely wild with this cultural phenomenon.  The possibilities with this story from both a factual and fictional standpoint are endless.

Lost/Yellowjackets but under the sea?

OT: I just watched Underwater (2020) few days ago. If anybody wants to see what implosions are like you should watch it :bird:

While they might've done something really stupid, i feel sad about how they've lost their lives. Especially after watching that Youtuber who (thankfully) missed his chance to be in that sub thanks to bad weather.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.