Missing Titanic Submarine Megathread | All Passengers Presumed Dead

WildAmerican

4 minutes ago, Coldpurry said:

Implosion is the worst case scenario

I would rather run out of oxigen but have a slim chance of survival...

If you run out of oxygen, there's no chance for surviving either

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BLΔCKP!NK

• WildAmerican

5d70utrvym7b1.png?width=1000&format=png&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=67521816d3e3e2d37db78116daf468cf4c5adca6

Titanic almost collided with the SS New York right before it departed. The suction of its propellers was so strong it drew the other ship in. Weird to think how if that collision happened none of this would be going on right now. Titanic would have gone for repairs and done its maiden voyage at another time, it wouldn't have struck an iceberg and would have gotten sunk during WWI or scrapped for parts.

Most importantly all the people who perished on it would have survived, going on to do and affect things that would for sure impact the world in a way that would make it just different to the one we know today. The people on the sub would have no wreck to die trying to dive to.

21 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

Think of the millions and millions of $$$ spent mobilizing the ships, the submarines etc to find the wreckage. Would this have been a big deal if these were just ordinary people and not billionaires with political ties? Hmm.. I hope the oceangate company is paying all of that, not the ordinary taxpayers. 

Yes it would. Like I said before. Was it only rich people on other disasters like MH370. They can’t just say ok we ain’t going to look for it. 

if they were just stuck in the sub with nowhere to go, slowly losing oxygen while panic sets in that you won’t escape, if any of them puked and or died in the sub and you’re unable to do anything about the smells, probably going crazy with the lack of space 

implosion sadly really was the best way to go, it’s so instantaneous 

6 minutes ago, Flomik said:

If you run out of oxygen, there's no chance for surviving either

You can still survive after it runs out, just not long enough to get rescued :rip:

16 minutes ago, mystery said:

There won't be any physical proof of the bodies because they evaporated immediately when the implosion happened. They literally do not exist in any physical shape or form anymore.

EDIT: I googled :bloo:

Edited by Laura Palmer

I really hope they can hold someone else at the company accountable. underneath a crazy CEO there are usually at least a few enablers.

James Cameron was able to go down 33 times, and on one of those times he got stuck for 16 hours, and yet still returned safely.

this company clearly just wanted to take advantage of crazy billionaires and secure the most profit possible, meaning cutting costs at literally every corner. who are the investors? was there a board of directors?

28 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

Think of the millions and millions of $$$ spent mobilizing the ships, the submarines etc to find the wreckage. Would this have been a big deal if these were just ordinary people and not billionaires with political ties? Hmm.. I hope the oceangate company is paying all of that, not the ordinary taxpayers. 

Were the kids stuck in the cave in Thailand sons of billionaires?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coldpurry said:

You would rather sit in a completely dark cramped space for literal days in hope of someone finding you, until oxygen run out? That’s a literal nightmare. Even if that was the case they would all be dead by the time that vessel would make it up to surface 

16 minutes ago, Coldpurry said:

That would just be cruel, their chances of survival would be as small as finding a needle in a haystack just suffering at the mercy of time. They did not notice or feel a thing when they died, it was just lights off and as quick as a blink of an eye.

And to think they didn't even make it to the Titanic. It's just a sad story all the way around. I really question the mentality of people; I'd never have gotten in something like that.

I understand the fascination with the Titanic; but I feel like going to the wreckage, at this point, is just disrespectfully unnecessary. It's not as if people are going down there to pay their respects to those who lost their lives. Let it rest; let the souls there rest.

12 minutes ago, Espresso said:

And there you have it.

They never stood a chance.:coffee2: 

The conspiracy theorist are about to have a field day with this story  :dies: 

13 minutes ago, Espresso said:

And there you have it.

They never stood a chance.:coffee2: 

Why are they saying this until now :katie:

1 minute ago, Lost In Paradise said:

James Cameron was able to go down 33 times, and on one of those times he got stuck for 16 hours, and yet still returned safely.

It just goes to show how you cannot cut corners when it comes to safety for these expeditions. The subs that James Cameron used for his Titanic dives (Russian Mir) and the Challenger Deep (Deepsea Challenger) were state of the art and beyond equipped to dive to the depths that they were used for. The Mir submersibles could reach 6k meters underwater and the Deepsea Challenger literally went to the bottom of the Mariana trench. Both of those had backups for backups for backups.

1 hour ago, jadeabove said:

I consider myself a super anxious person, and if my dad had asked me to do this, I would have told him never in a million years. How tragic!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/live-blog/missing-titanic-submersible-live-updates-rcna90538#rcrd14466

I think it depends on the kind of relationship you have with your father, if you're able to resist doing what he wants without feeling like you're going to ruin the relationship and make him angry/disappointed. They left on Father's Day, after all. We don't know the dynamic between the father and son. I have my own assumptions, based partly on the dad being a billionaire, but I don't know either. 

Powerful statement from the aunt. I feel really bad for her, especially knowing her nephew was terrified and didn't want to go, and that her own brother acted so irresponsibly with the life of that child. This didn't have to happen like this, which is what makes it so upsetting. 

I hope at least something decent comes out of this, like legal and financial consequences for the company, and stricter regulations on these kinds of vessels and expeditions. 

I can’t at some of you honestly thinking that if the craft had not imploded there would be chances of rescue. 

It took 5 days to find the debris field. It would take that long  plus an unknown amount of to figure how to get the sub off the ocean floor. 

if they were stuck and we found them all it would accomplish is literally nothing we would sit and watch knowing they are dying and we can’t get to them fast enough to rescue.

3 hours ago, cat1867 said:

From the damage , it definitely imploded due to the pressurization failing which would killed them even before they knew anything was wrong .

:lakitu:

2 hours ago, nadiamendell said:

"Unclear whether bodies will be recovered" 

I doubt there are any bodies left to be recovered after an implosion that far down. :deadbanana4:

39 minutes ago, Coldpurry said:

It’s best case scenario. If they found them, there was no way of bringing them up. Imagine that 

Just now, BeenTheShit said:

"Unclear whether bodies will be recovered" 

I doubt there are any bodies left to be recovered after an implosion that far down. :deadbanana4:

The pressure of the water would have pulverized anything down there. They would have turned into dust particles floating around in the water. There's nothing to recover.

At least now there's no point making a movie.

It probably felt like they just teleported :deadbanana:

RIP the passengers but I kind of have to laugh at the moral grandstanding in here towards people laughing about this situation when that billionaire’s son was using his situation to flirt with onlyfans girls and attend concerts :deadbanana4:

I don’t personally like to make comments about the dead usually but if someone’s son serves that (morally right or wrong) the holier than thous in here should relax a touch

• Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.