• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BLΔCKP!NK

• WildAmerican

Not to sound insensitive but I hope we get to see pics of the debris.

Edit: 5 confirmed "major" debris pieces 

Edited by Sombre
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, QueenB said:

Someone died with their child in the submarine. Did you not feel empathy for Kobe Bryant dying in the helicopter crash with his child? 

Felt empathy for his child. He's a r*****

15 minutes ago, AMIT said:

I do feel empathy for the 19 year old teen. I have said it on the last page, I think. 

You can't feel empathy for four adults dying? Do a bit of self-examining about why you're so desensitized rather than being so wildly myopic.

• Like 7

why are you all talking about rich people? thats by far the least interesting part of all this

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EtherealCat said:

why are you all talking about rich people? thats by far the least interesting part of all this

To You GIF - To You GIFs

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Well RIP. I find this situation even more bizarre than the Titanic itself. 

In a way there are some parallels with how both suffered their fate partly through hubris in the face of nature’s forces + warnings from the outside

are they certain that it imploded on Sunday at ~7:45am, or could it have imploded like maybe on Monday? does anyone know?

I’m so tired of this being all over the news :rip:

The story is not making noise because people care more about rich people at all, it’s making noise because of the absurdity.

2 minutes ago, Sombre said:

are they certain that it imploded on Sunday at ~7:45am, or could it have imploded like maybe on Monday? does anyone know?

My guess is that if there are no traces of the bodies, then it probably did implode around that time. 

I have very little empathy when rich people die because of their stupidity. RIP, I guess? 

Good thing it was a quick death.

rip to them.

23 minutes ago, AMIT said:

:rip:

would somebody PLEASE think of the rich, naive men?!

Mind you, you know exactly nothing about them or their characters and you think them spending money on a stupid activity that put their own selves in danger is reason enough to justify not feeling empathy, like the principle of humanity, over their deaths that were most likely preceded by moments of paralyzing fear. Shrugging it off like that is really not the serve you think it is but I can't say I'm surprised, as others were saying there's possibly nothing the chronically online of this generation loves doing more than acting desentized over dramatic topics

I want to see a 3d recreation of the implosion. I am so curious on how the human body reacts to it.

4 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

You can't feel empathy for four adults dying? Do a bit of self-examining about why you're so desensitized rather than being so wildly myopic.

On a basic human level, yeah and it's a natural feeling. In a better world this kind of thing should not have to happen, but it is a consequence of our culture and values as a society. We treat people with money as if they are gods and they treat themselves like that as well. Such allows people like those inside the sub the mentality that they can do just about anything and their money will save them, that it will make them immune to nature and its complex and chaotic characteristics. I am only desensitized because the reason this happened is nothing new for us. I'm tired of seeing capitalism failing us over and over again and nothing changing. Do you think other rich people care about the ones that met such terrible fate inside the sub? Or do you think they care about the millions of poor people they starve and keep out of homes every day? Do you care at all about what I am trying to say or do you just want to perch yourself up a high horse and look down upon me with judgement? 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

If it wasn’t linked to the Titanic (most famous maritime disaster of all time, tethered to pop culture with the biggest movie ever) and was just a sub missing in Australia or something it wouldn’t have been covered nearly as much, even with the wealthy passengers. I don’t know why some are confused why it’s received so much attention.

Edited by Beyonnaise
  • Like 1

this basically simplest way of describing it 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

I want to see a 3d recreation of the implosion. I am so curious on how the human body reacts to it.

they turned to gas :eek:

Just now, Winged said:

this basically simplest way of describing it 

So yeah, there are no bodies to be found.

3 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

This is what happens at 1 atmospheric pressure. The submersible was at 375x that. So I'd imagine they didn't feel anything and it was lights out before they even knew.

I wonder how the families will deal with these deaths. On the one hand, of course they want to sue the **** out of the company for negligence (especially that an employee was fired for saying it's unsafe), but the people onboard signed a waiver that mentions death four times in just one page. 

The way they're presumed to have died is a far better way to go than running out of oxygen. They probably didn't even know it was happening.

The most disturbing part of the entire thing was the idea of them slowly running out of air consumed by near total darkness. At least it wasn't a slow death.

1 minute ago, Witchpop said:

This is what happens at 1 atmospheric pressure. The submersible was at 375x that. So I'd imagine they didn't feel anything and it was lights out before they even knew.

so they probably got crushed into mush? :biblionny: good god. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.