• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BLΔCKP!NK

• WildAmerican

12 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

Hopefully it exploded and they passed away quickly. I hope they didn't suffer in anyway.

From the damage , it definitely imploded due to the pressurization failing which would killed them even before they knew anything was wrong .

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TasteOfYourLips said:

I hope this teaches other billionaires to stick to their foie gras instead of doing this kind of shenanigans.

52 minutes ago, Domination said:

Okay, so it definitely imploded. Good lord, let this be a lesson to other ultra wealthy who seek these types of experiences.

I mean, billionaires or not, some types of people are always going to be looking for 'extreme' experiences only to brag about it later and get attention and feed their egos. Being wealthy just makes it easier for them to look for this experiences, they're already set for life so they just go like 'why not?'

39 minutes ago, Matthew said:

So they imploded? As in turned into a gas?

not this classique :bibliahh:

The whole comparing to refugees and poor people is stupid. The interest in the story is because it’s “will they/won’t they” find them in time and it’s related to Titanic, which is always a huge story. The way people think people only care because it’s rich people. Was everyone rich on MH370? Yet we were all glued to that story. 

• Like 1

May they rest in peace but hope their mistakes serve as a lesson for other people to not do this.

As morbid as this sounds, I was a bit relieved when I found out this morning that the submarine imploded and they didn't slowly suffocate to death. I had a feeling they weren't going to survive so all we could hope for was that their death was quick and painless and not slow and excruciating.

Just now, Shelter said:

The whole comparing to refugees and poor people is stupid. The interest in the story is because it’s “will they/won’t they” find them in time and it’s related to Titanic, which is always a huge story. The way people think people only care because it’s rich people. Was everyone rich on MH370? Yet we were all glued to that story.

I agree. These types of extraordinary survival disaster stories always make headlines regardless of the people involved, other examples are the Thai cave rescue and the Chile mining incident.

• Like 1

People laughing about five tragic deaths while being just wanted to fulfill a dream of seeing the Titanic.

Empathy is free.

4 hours ago, JustHoran said:

People making fun of people dying just because they were rich :rip: Terrible. 

I mean, they found themselves in this kind of set up because they were rich. Not saying this to justify or excuse anyone ''celebrating'' this though, that's just tasteless. But I don't think you can fault anyone for not feeling bad for them. They weren't in a mission to find a cure for a 3rd world disease or something, they were there because that kind of money allowed them to, money that could be much better spent elsewhere. But most rich people are greedy and selfish and don't think twice about ruining the lives of others just so they can get and/or maintain their lifestyle, so can you really judge people for not feeling sorry for them? 

Edited by AMIT
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Winged said:

'Landing frame and a rear cover from the submersible' among the debris

We have just had an update from dive expert David Mearns, who says the debris includes "a landing frame and a rear cover from the submersible". 

Mearns is a friend of passengers aboard the Titan.

David Mearns has told the BBC that the president of the Explorers Club (which is connected to the diving and rescue community), says the debris includes "a landing frame and a rear cover from the submersible".

Also:

The debris discovered within the search area of the missing Titanic submersible has been assessed to be from the external body of the sub, according to a memo reviewed by CNN. The search for the crew capsule of the Titan vessel continues, the memo says.

The debris was located on the ocean floor, roughly 500 meters off of the bow of the Titanic, and it was located around 8:55 a.m. ET.

So is it in a different debris field perhaps? :confused:

so is it confirmed they imploded? well at least thats quick and painless and they didn't have to spend days in blacked out terror sitting in eachothers' waste, waiting to suffocate

RIP

40 minutes ago, ptolemaea said:

Who spends millions of dollars on lobbying governments?

I know right? What else are these poor corrupt politicians supposed to do? Not take millions from corporations? 

Edited by Katy V.!

17 minutes ago, Godly said:

By the amount of people acting entitled to not feeling any type of way over people dying in what is a potentially horrifying manner you'd think criminals or social outcasts were on that submarine but nope - just a bunch of rich, naive men. I hope the utter lack of empathy is just forced pretence cause if not :rip:

:rip:

would somebody PLEASE think of the rich, naive men?!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

38 minutes ago, ptolemaea said:

Who spends millions of dollars on lobbying governments?

Do you know for sure these people all lobbied to government? Did the TEENAGER going with his dad spend millions of dollars to lobby the world's governments? 

No? Don't know? Then you can afford to show some empathy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, umich said:

Also:

So is it in a different debris field perhaps? :confused:

CNN is hesitant to report that simply due to the credibility of the statement. The implication of the press conference along with the reports about debris relating to the craft means that it is likely true but not official.

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

People laughing about five tragic deaths while being just wanted to fulfill a dream of seeing the Titanic.

Empathy is free.

I have always been interested in Titanic but I don’t get why anyone would want to go down and see it through a tiny window. 

Also no one cares about the sister ship Britannic which is not as deep or dangerous. Just go visit that instead. Titanic should be off limits. We have seen everything there is to see at this point. 

Yeah I try not to make fun of death.

But I don't like people who tell me I shouldnt then turn around making fun of people, dead or alive, on another thread. :skull:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AMIT said:

:rip:

would somebody PLEASE think of the rich, naive men?!

Someone died with their child in the submarine. Did you not feel empathy for Kobe Bryant dying in the helicopter crash with his child? 

Just now, QueenB said:

Someone died with their child in the submarine. Did you not feel empathy for Kobe Bryant dying in the helicopter crash with his child? 

I do feel empathy for the 19 year old teen. I have said it on the last page, I think. 

Can someone make a separate class debate thread.. this has been going on for 20 pages now :rip:

Also,, I feel like the location is supposed to be protected historical location.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2012/04/408092

Did anyone ask why they're there in the first place? In a waay they disrespected a memorial, the environment (given the site is already falling apart as it is). How do we know these tourists aren't taking souvenirs, etc.

Its commercial exploitation of a tragedy. Just cause they can, or their money can?

They're presumed to be dead, according to the official press conference.

Edited by WildAmerican

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.