• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BussC,XOXO

• WildAmerican

I was hoping they'd be found. Say what you want about them being rich & stupid...they're still human beings. RIP.

Hopefully no one does something so stupid again… but billionaires are clearly incredibly bored and so they paid the price. 

ill wait for the same energy for the 100000’s of innocent kids killed for no reason at all. Not this pathetic display of virtue signalling for these billionaires who are NOT shedding a tear for nobody, i can assure everyone of that.. 

*rolls eyes*

Edited by MusicandSoul
  • Like 1

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

So is it over?

Yes it seems. 

These people will never be able to hear Lorde's upcoming album now :chick3: :biblio:

I guess its 100% over now. Imagine the psychological horror they experienced. And the fact that one of the victims was a scientist who was a part of the first mission ever to discover titanic, what a full circle moment for him.

I read that the sub had 7 backup plans if something happens and some of them would even activate automatically. Something went very very wrong

2 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

someone actually made the edit ff

:deadbanana4:

Just now, TMRA said:

I read that the sub had 7 backup plans if something happens and some of them would even activate automatically. Something went very very wrong

Titanic name is cursed. 

I'm pretty sure they have been dead already tbh. But I guess people were waiting for the "official confirmation" when the oxygen runs out. Those supposed 96 hours of emergency oxygen left were always under ideal circumstances and they have never even been tested.

What a horrible way to go. 

Edited by State of Grace.

6 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

These people will never be able to hear Lorde's upcoming album now :chick3: :biblio:

meaning they passed away at peace 

Edited by the70s

3 hours ago, darthdevidem01 said:

You have got to be kidding me

What are the odds, wow....

R.I.P to them

4 hours ago, Bussea said:

I don’t understand what people gain by coming in here bragging about how they don’t simp for rich people and how they don’t care about rich people, but signed up for a site to do very much that. Look at your avis. Looks at your usernames. Look at your signatures. Look at your post history :rip: You very much so simp for rich people and are making them richer by buying their music, paying for overpriced tours, paying for overpriced merch and etc.

That’s why I can’t take anybody saying this in this thread seriously because if this was any of the women who success you hide behind, you would be sitting in here in SHAMBLES. do you know where you are? :rip: Let’s be serious. Just say you don’t care and go. This forced stance you have against rich people is so unserious and transparent. Not to mention some of the posts in here are just VILE without an ounce of nuance.

And with the refugee thing, I haven’t seen a thread on it. If you feel so passionately about it why hasn’t a thread been made and why are you not active in it? I looked in their post history and they’re talking about ******* pokémon :rip: Since refugees are sinking everyday, that should be a megathread too, no? Y’all are screaming virtue signaling but doing the EXACT same thing :toofunny2: just saying **** to be saying ****

Imagine being poor and making an entire essay to defend ultra rich people, that will never give a **** about you. If you dont like our posts then LOG OFF because most us are disgusted at the fact that people can afford a 250k seat to suicide when other people are fighting for food everyday. No and we dont make a mega thread about our poverty because we live in it everyday. Also, the core reason why people are in this site is because they like music/art, not because it’s made by billionaires. I dont what’s worse now: ultra rich people or poor people that simp for them. You thought you were doing something with your essay huh?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 10

3 minutes ago, the70s said:

meaning they passed away at peace 

No.

34 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

This becomes a huge joke on Twitter :deadbanana2:

bSh1Oy5.thumb.gif.6b741c3cd7b018ef5471ce

This reminds me of that crazy chef Anya Taylor-Joy movie for some reason :rip:

8 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

Imagine being poor and making an entire essay to defend ultra rich people, that will never give a **** about you. If you dont like our posts then LOG OFF because most us are disgusted at the fact that people can afford a 250k seat to suicide when other people are fighting for food everyday. No and we dont make a mega thread about our poverty because we live in it everyday. Also, the core reason why people are in this site is because they like music/art, not because it’s made by billionaires. I dont what’s worse now: ultra rich people or poor people that simp for them. You thought you were doing something with your essay huh?

So true..... Let's stream the album that's made about this:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

"the core reason why people are in this site is because they like music/art, not because it’s made by billionaires"

Same thing applies here. People are empathizing with how a couple people in a constrained space went through a tragic event and died in the depths of the ocean. Imagine yourself in that scenario. Nobody focused on their social status until you brought your frustrations forward. Having money doesn't make you any less human. Empathizing with someone's death doesn't make you take on their beliefs.

You got a lot of venom to spit and the highest standards for everyone. People can't express some humanity because.. someone's fighting for food somewhere in the world?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Terrible way to go. I feel bad for the 19 year old.. a whole life was ahead of him :weeps: 

• Like 1

Constant conversation about these people being rich misses the big point here anyway, just as history has missed the big point on the sinking of Titanic itself. 

I see a lot of parallels to this and the sinking of Titanic itself, but not in the way of the hubris of the passengers. I see as a parallel to the hubris of the people in charge. 

The rich passengers aboard Titanic were not the ones who playing masters of the universe, it was the White Star Line that was. Though they never claimed she was unsinkable (that came from newspapers at the time, not WSL themselves), they operated as if that were the case. That had her going way too fast directly into what they knew was an ice field, tried to make her perform outside of her operational limits, had a crew who'd not been properly trained for an emergency situation, and a ship that was not as well constructed as they wanted to believe that it was.

The rich passengers on board felt confident in their safety because the people who were supposed to know what they were doing told them they were. 

And that's exactly what's happened here. Ocean's Gate had a vessel that was not as well constructed as they wanted to believe that pushed beyond it's limits, and they looked these passengers in the eye knowing that they didn't know any better and told them that all was well. 

The story of the Titanic and the loss of this sub is indeed a story of hubris, but I'm not sure it's a story on the hubris of the wealthy dead as much as it a story of the hubris of the capitalistic businessmen who sent both vessels and their occupants out to their doom.

• Like 6

Just now, redidnot said:

"the core reason why people are in this site is because they like music/art, not because it’s made by billionaires"

Same thing applies here. People are empathizing with how a couple people in a constrained space went through a tragic event and died in the depths of the ocean. Imagine yourself in that scenario. Nobody focused on their social status until you brought your frustrations forward. Having money doesn't make you any less human. Empathizing with someone's death doesn't make you take on their beliefs.

You got a lot of venom to spit and the highest standards for everyone. People can't express some humanity because.. someone's fighting for food somewhere in the world?

And the fights around the charts that is around art or status? I think you are mistaken. Perhaps some care about the art, but I really believe most care about the status. This sub situation is a perfect example as to how status has precedence over character, unfortunately.

I think more people should be holding the owners of the submarine whatever it is accountable. I kinda feel bad that this turned into such a meme :weeps: 

4 hours ago, Bussea said:

I don’t understand what people gain by coming in here bragging about how they don’t simp for rich people and how they don’t care about rich people, but signed up for a site to do very much that. Look at your avis. Looks at your usernames. Look at your signatures. Look at your post history :rip: You very much so simp for rich people and are making them richer by buying their music, paying for overpriced tours, paying for overpriced merch and etc.

That’s why I can’t take anybody saying this in this thread seriously because if this was any of the women who success you hide behind, you would be sitting in here in SHAMBLES. do you know where you are? :rip: Let’s be serious. Just say you don’t care and go. This forced stance you have against rich people is so unserious and transparent. Not to mention some of the posts in here are just VILE without an ounce of nuance.

And with the refugee thing, I haven’t seen a thread on it. If you feel so passionately about it why hasn’t a thread been made and why are you not active in it? I looked in their post history and they’re talking about ******* pokémon :rip: Since refugees are sinking everyday, that should be a megathread too, no? Y’all are screaming virtue signaling but doing the EXACT same thing :toofunny2: just saying **** to be saying ****

Omg :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.