• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BLΔCKP!NK

• WildAmerican

8 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Why would they kill and eat anyone? They only had 96 hours of air, none of them was going to starve

Think about it logically from a fight or flight, life and death, standpoint.  If there are fewer living people inside the vessel that means more oxygen, food, and water to keep yourself alive long enough to potentially be rescued.  In that intense of a situation, all bets are off and it's every man for himself.  None of them can be thinking rationally at this point.

Edited by BeenTheShit

2 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

Think about it logically from a fight or flight, life and death, standpoint.  If there are fewer living people inside the vessel that means more oxygen, food, and water to keep yourself alive long enough to potentially be rescued.  In that situation, all bets are off and it's every man for himself.

Exactly this. They have 96 hours for 5 people. But if that number goes down to 4, they will have longer. 

My bets they ganged up on the owner first. Then they took out the old french dude. Hamid went next. The son and father are left standing…or should i say left criss crossed apple sauce 

Netflix here’s your script. 

Edited by Nova_23

5 minutes ago, Nova_23 said:

I have empathy for those on board because I can’t imagine what it must be like to go out that way. I keep thinking about what their moments on the sub were like. What were they thinking when they realized they were lost? Did the owner try to calm their nerves down by telling them getting “lost” happens all the time and it’s not an issue? Did they attack him when they realized what was going on? Did the sub immediately implode and none of the above even occurred? Or are some of them currently alive and counting down their deaths? 

It’s just so awful to think about and I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. My heart goes out to their families. But that’s where this all ends. 

What I don’t care for is all the attention and resources we are wasting on people who willfully took on this mission just because they could knowing full well that the sub was not approved or regulated under any standard. The comparisons to flying don’t make any sense because when we fly, we are getting on planes that have been checked for safety and regulated. We trust that the planes have passed their inspections and their parts won’t fail. Just like when we buy a car. This mission literally made you sign a waiver saying that you could die and mentioned death 3 times on its first page. When an airline makes us sign waivers mentioning death/dying to get on unregulated planes and we do so then you guys can use that argument. 

Contrary to the dailymail and other vulture new sites, the most likely scenario is that all on board died within seconds of the sub losing contact. 

The most likely scenario is that the sub depressurized due to a failure of the carbon fiber hull.  That would have led to the sub imploding instanteously killing everyone on board in less than a second. The hull wasn't properly rated for those depths and they had an haphazard  in house way for checking fatigue cracks (when metal is pressurized and depressurized small cracks form and then lead to the metal failing. tons of aircraft accidents and other collapses are caused by metal fatigue).

The second most likely scenario is that there was a hole in the sub which would led to the sub getting completely flooded in the less than a second.

If the sub was just lost, they would have simply  released their ballast and risen to the top of the ocean extremely quickly. For them to be still alive, the sub would have had to both lose communications and get stuck on debris in a manner that didn't cause a leak or depressurization event which is pretty unlikely.

1 minute ago, BeenTheShit said:

Think about it logically from a fight or flight, life and death, standpoint.  If there are fewer living people inside the vessel that means more oxygen, food, and water to keep yourself alive long enough to potentially be rescued.  In that situation, all bets are off and it's every man for himself.

Pretty sure nobody would want deterioration gasses polluting the little air they already had :rip: but then again it might not even make a huge differences among all the inevitable poop and piss fumes 

The unseriousness of TikTok about this situation. :redface:

2 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

Contrary to the dailymail and other vulture new sites, the most likely scenario is that all on board died within seconds of the sub losing contact. 

The most likely scenario is that the sub depressurized due to a failure of the carbon fiber hull.  That would have led to the sub imploding instanteously killing everyone on board in less than a second. The hull wasn't properly rated for those depths and they had an haphazard  in house way for checking fatigue cracks (when metal is pressurized and depressurized small cracks form and then lead to the metal failing. tons of aircraft accidents and other collapses are caused by metal fatigue).

The second most likely scenario is that there was a hole in the sub which would led to the sub getting completely flooded in the less than a second.

If the sub was just lost, they would have simply  released their ballast and risen to the top of the ocean extremely quickly. For them to be still alive, the sub would have had to both lose communications and get stuck on debris in a manner that didn't cause a leak or depressurization event which is pretty unlikely.

I could be wrong but I swear I read somewhere this particular sub didn’t have a ballast 

4 minutes ago, Brunette Ambition said:

Pretty sure nobody would want deterioration gasses polluting the little air they already had :rip: but then again it might not even make a huge differences among all the inevitable poop and piss fumes 

I doubt any of them would be thinking about that before they killed/sacrificed someone.  At this point, their mind would solely focus on conserving oxygen, food, and water to keep themselves alive. :michael:

Edited by BeenTheShit

6 minutes ago, Nova_23 said:

I could be wrong but I swear I read somewhere this particular sub didn’t have a ballast 

It has a ballast elsewise it would be impossible for the sub to re-surf normally. Releasing the ballast is how the sub surfs on all of its normal trips.  I haven't heard of any  sub that doesn't have a ballast because without the ballast the sub would be too light to sink to the designed depths. 

In addition , according to CNN, "The Titan is held underwater by ballast built to be automatically released after 24 hours to send the sub to the surface, said Aaron Newman, an investor in OceanGate who went down to Titanic on the Titan in 2021."   

So even if the pilot died, the ballast would have been automatically released taking the sub to the surface.

Edited by cat1867

52 minutes ago, Jotham said:

Very informative and straightforward video explaining what may have happened to the submersible

Wow

Just now, cat1867 said:

It has a ballast elsewise it would be impossible for the sub to re-surf normally. Releasing the ballast is how the sub surfs on all of its normal trips.  I haven't heard of any  sub that doesn't have a ballast.

In addition , according to CNN, "The Titan is held underwater by ballast built to be automatically released after 24 hours to send the sub to the surface, said Aaron Newman, an investor in OceanGate who went down to Titanic on the Titan in 2021."   

So even if the pilot died, the ballast would have been automatically released taking the sub to the surface.

This could mean the vessel imploded during the descent, or they got caught down in the wreckage or tangled in stray fishing nets.

I doubt any of them would be thinking about that before they killed/sacrificed someone.  At this point, their mind would solely focus on conserving oxygen, food, and water to keep themselves alive. :michael:

I think it’s possible they attacked the CEO with the PlayStation controller once they realized what he has gotten them into. But I doubt that in such a tuna can sized vehicle they’d kill each other. I imagine defeat kicks in quickly 

3 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

It has a ballast elsewise it would be impossible for the sub to re-surf normally. Releasing the ballast is how the sub surfs on all of its normal trips.  I haven't heard of any  sub that doesn't have a ballast.

My apologies! It was that the ballasts were all old and rusty so apart of me wonders if they could failed. What you said about it imploding is 99% most likely what happened but the ballasts being old/rusty and makes you wonder if they failed as well 

This could mean the vessel imploded during the descent, or they got caught down in the wreckage or tangled in stray fishing nets.

Water leak would also prevent the sub from resurfing even after the ballast would be released. But yeah implosion , water leak, and then entanglement are the 3 most likely causes with 1 being the most likely since it would also explain why the sub hasn't been located yet.

7 minutes ago, Bentley said:

A submarine meme came into my FYP and it replayed itself a couple of times because I went to the bathtoom and left it, now I'm flooded with them. :deadbanana4:

Ngl though the ceo is kinda daddy :gayliyahcat1:

No safety regulation, death waivers, no emergency protocol. Jesus, they are just waiting for it to fail. :rip:

9 minutes ago, Jotham said:

The conditions in the submersible are even worse than I thought :deadbanana2:

egUizS0.png

The sub was only supposed to dive for a few hours so the lack of seating is fine. Game controller is actually pretty standard.

The carbon fibre hull and using a health monitoring system to monitor for fatigue cracks is what is super sketchy. They thought that they could hear the cracks in time to release ballast before the sub would implode but that's a terrible system.

21 minutes ago, Jotham said:

The conditions in the submersible are even worse than I thought :deadbanana2:

egUizS0.png

So they paid $250k and they didn't even got seats?? :deadbanana2:

21 minutes ago, Bentley said:

Ngl though the ceo is kinda daddy :gayliyahcat1:

Any thoughts on who should play him in the live action remake? :gayliyahcat1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.