• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BLΔCKP!NK

• WildAmerican

53 minutes ago, Flomik said:

source?

Too lazy to go look for it but I think you can find the video pretty easily in twitter

15 minutes ago, Reflektor said:

It’s entirely possible to have empathy for the human experience these people had/are having while still recognizing that it’s absolutely ridiculous the ultra-wealthy can even put themselves in this situation to begin with. 

Especially considering the tragedy off the Grecian coast last week which among many factors was caused due to capitalist neoliberalism which creates the type of money for the 1% that allows for such folly.

This absolutely.

Two things can be true at once, but the people in here (and on social media) celebrating are ******* gross. I don’t think they should’ve done this, but I can’t be happy that they’re suffering the consequences. They’re not bad people. Just people who made a stupid decision.

There’s a difference between shutting down discourse, like that other user said, and pointing out that nothing is being added to the discourse when you’re saying that deserve to die cramped like sardines and showing no type of empathy. The lesson that needs to be learned in this is that we shouldn’t treat disasters like attractions and if these things are being explored, there needs to be some type of care taken as well as preventative measures. I don’t know if this isn’t the first or second time, but it certainly needs to be the last time.

not “you play stupid games stupid prizes xD”. No one needs to die like this to prove a point :michael:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Phonography said:

The video on twitter with the sounds of the knocks they are making- yeah they are still alive-

What video? 

28 minutes ago, gatito said:

boo ducking hoo none of us are stupid enough to spend 250k just to agonize in the bottom of the ocean with a bunch of smelly old men

you play stupid games you win stupid prizes

The price is irrelevant. As for safety, they obviously thought it was safe, just as regular people who board unsafe planes that crash. People are so desperate to run around with the same dumb takes... I think it's one thing to point out the irony, another to gloat at their tragedy as many of you are doing. 

11 minutes ago, Bussea said:

This absolutely.

Two things can be true at once, but the people in here (and on social media) celebrating are ******* gross. I don’t think they should’ve done this, but I can’t be happy that they’re suffering the consequences. They’re not bad people. Just people who made a stupid decision.

There’s a difference between shutting down discourse, like that other user said, and pointing out that nothing is being added to the discourse when you’re saying that deserve to die cramped like sardines and showing no type of empathy. The lesson that needs to be learned in this is that we shouldn’t treat disasters like attractions and if these things are being explored, there needs to be some type of care taken as well as preventative measures. I don’t know if this isn’t the first or second time, but it certainly needs to be the last time.

not “you play stupid games stupid prizes xD”. No one needs to die like this to prove a point :michael:

Yeah “discourse” is one thing… being callous, cruel and apathetic are another. They didn’t do anything terrible to deserve such a fate. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

Here’s the video

this is sad if true.

7 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

Here’s the video

The royalty-free.stock.oceansounds.mp3, the unrealistic clarity of the banging noise, the waveform not at all synchronised with the audio and the fact that you can only find this on some looney right-wingers Twitter account.

Fake as hell. :dies:

1 minute ago, umich said:

this is sad if true.

Wouldn’t the other subs in the area stop making these noises knowing another sub is being searched for?

Some of you need to stop simping for billionaires. The 19 year old kid is the only one that deserves any empathy (seriously can't believe his father allowed him to go on this trip). The rest don't deserve anything. This was unsafe from the get go.

A former employee of OceanGate Expeditions, the company that sent out the now-missing submersible full of tourists to see the wreck of the R.M.S. Titanic, lodged major concerns about the vessel in a quality inspection report—but was met with “hostility and denial” from the company and fired, according to his allegations from a lawsuit in 2018 . . . Throughout the inspection, Lochridge alleged he “was met with hostility and denial of access to necessary documentation that should have been freely available,” and was soon given “approximately ten minutes to immediately clear out his desk and exit the premises.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katherinehamilton/2023/06/21/oceangate-employee-warned-of-major-safety-issues-with-titan-sub-in-2018-he-was-soon-fired/?sh=4737ac2d160a

This is nothing like boarding a plane, where operations are regulated by government agencies. Flying is a tried and tested mode of transportation. This isn't. They took a completely unnecessary risk and are now paying the price. This was essentially a suicide trip.

Edited by Dream
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

I'm honestly still having a hard time feeling any sympathy for these people. Being ultra-rich and ridiculously stupid is a lot. However, I do really feel bad for the 19yo son cause he probably was with his father for some Father's Day fun experience though. :monkey:

I spent years about the Titanic, the unexplored parts of the ocean, the different folklores, etc. It scares the **** out of me.

This is one of the many sentiment that irk me...

Had you guys heard of this business before the incident, you would assume (like the victims) that there are checks & measures in place to ensure a measure of safety, they had documents and accolades to support their claims. And obviously this is the first accident of its kind. If a plane crashes, do we call people stupid for deciding to be 40,000 in the air in a steel cylinder? :rip:

Also the fault is still yet to be determined, it could something as simple as human error, inherent fault of the craft or a freak accident.

Aside for this sub being such a dumb idea, I would probably be panicking. It sounds like an awful way to go. When do they run out of oxygen?

The people in the submarine are dying one of the worst deaths imaginable but Jesus Christ just because you can it doesn't mean you should :toofunny2: Honestly not a single cent from taxpayers money should go into saving them like they've worked very hard to put themselves in this situation.

Lots of healthy people die most stupid deaths imaginable because they have no financial and criminal barriers and they are bored in life.

Edited by TasteOfYourLips
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dream said:

Some of you need to stop simping for billionaires. The 19 year old kid is the only one that deserves any empathy (seriously can't believe his father allowed him to go on this trip). The rest don't deserve anything. This was unsafe from the get go.

"A former employee of OceanGate Expeditions, the company that sent out the now-missing submersible full of tourists to see the wreck of the R.M.S. Titanic, lodged major concerns about the vessel in a quality inspection report—but was met with “hostility and denial” from the company and fired, according to his allegations from a lawsuit in 2018."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katherinehamilton/2023/06/21/oceangate-employee-warned-of-major-safety-issues-with-titan-sub-in-2018-he-was-soon-fired/?sh=4737ac2d160a

This is nothing like boarding a plane, where operations are regulated by government agencies. Airfare is a tried and tested mode of transportation. This isn't. They took a completely unnecessary risk and are now paying the price. This was essentially a suicide trip.

"Simping for billionaires" is such a dumb, imature take... if Rihanna died in a private jet, would we simping for billionaires if we called it a tragedy and expressed disgust at people making light of it? 

Also the superiority complex of you grabbing sources which have only come to light since the incident. The same thing has happened with car companies like Toyota where they have falsified safety results. Probably none of you would of presumed the expedition a suicide trip if presented with the same materials and accessible info as the victims prior to the incident.

• Like 1

I usually don’t get into news stories and this is obviously tragic, but I hope we find out what happened.  

some people in here :monkey:

You can have empathy for people who will die in literally the worst way imaginable, even tho they're rich, while also acknowledging that the company is sketchy af. It's called a nuanced opinion.. nn

Edited by WildAmerican
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, Otter said:

"Simping for billionaires" is such a dumb, imature take... if Rihanna died in a private jet, would we simping for billionaires if we called it a tragedy and expressed disgust at people making light of it? 

Also the superiority complex of you grabbing sources which have only come to light since the incident. The same thing has happened with car companies like Toyota where they have falsified safety results. Probably none of you would of presumed the expedition a suicide trip if presented with the same materials and accessible info as the victims prior to the incident.

Stop comparing flying to this. It's a false and disingenuous comparison. A private jet is NOTHING like this submarine, seriously. What's immature is dismissing what others have to say about the sheer hubris of the ultra-wealthy.

Edited by Dream
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Otter said:

This is one of the many sentiment that irk me...

Had you guys heard of this business before the incident, you would assume (like the victims) that there are checks & measures in place to ensure a measure of safety, they had documents and accolades to support their claims. And obviously this is the first accident of its kind. If a plane crashes, do we call people stupid for deciding to be 40,000 in the air in a steel cylinder? :rip:

Also the fault is still yet to be determined, it could something as simple as human error, inherent fault of the craft or a freak accident.

The plane crash analogy falls flat as the skies are not a mysterious frontier few people have challenged like the deep sea is. Flight is something we fully understand. Now if a group of people jumped onto a rickety plane that tried to exit the atmosphere to get to space, then maybe you would have a point.

---

Odds are, all of this will culminate in absolutely nothing. We will not find them, we will never find them, and we will never know what happens unless something remarkable happens. This does not conclude in a satisfactory ending with an explanation imo.

38 minutes ago, Otter said:

The price is irrelevant. As for safety, they obviously thought it was safe, just as regular people who board unsafe planes that crash.

it’s not, only a handful of privileged people can afford something like that

and planes are statistically safer than driving, look it up

yeahhh this is more of a situation of hubris, I don’t think there are many other comparisons as they willingly tempted fate here.

I still hope they get found, obviously, but my god multiple ex navy have said they would never go in that thing so my heart doesn’t bleed too much for billionaires partaking in unsafe extreme tourism of a mass grave. :coffee2:

51 minutes ago, Bussea said:

They’re not bad people.

:bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.