Missing Titanic Submarine Megathread | All Passengers Presumed Dead

WildAmerican

I wasn't really following this or seeing why it was such a big deal until last night.  For anyone still lost watch these short videos: Video 1, Video 2, Video 3

I can't believe these people paid $250k to get on that janky thing.  I thought surely it was at least the size of a FedEx/UPS truck with proper seating.  No, you literally sit barefoot, crisscrossed, and sardined on the floor because you can't stand or move around.  The thing has no GPS/radio communication and the sub is controlled by a $20 Logitech Bluetooth Gaming Controller, which has surely run out of battery power at this point.  These people are DEAD and will probably never get found.

The other theory is that the vessel may have imploded instantly due to extreme pressure, which would be ideal for the passengers since their death would be instant instead of slow and painful by running out of oxygen, food, and water.

Edited by BeenTheShit
edits

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• mystery

• BLΔCKP!NK

• WildAmerican

There are many lessons to be learned here but i hope one of them is that maybe its time that the wreck stopped being a tourist attraction. The only people that should go to it should be professionals who know what they’re doing, using equipment that is designed specifically for those sorts of deep sea dives.

I’d love to see her with my own eyes, but I recognize that I have no reason or right to be there. At this point really the only reason someone should disturb her is to do research on the unique bacteria eating her, mapping the wreck, and monitoring her rate of decay.

At the end of the day there are are about 1300 people whose final resting place is that wreck and it feels wrong to make that a tourist destination, no matter how fascinated most of us are by her and their story. Visit for the science, not for the thrill. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Espresso said:

The resentment from the online left is coming from the timing, mostly - the context being the 500+ migrants that died in a naval vessel sinking in the Mediterranean just days ago that's gotten a fourth of the coverage that this has.

Thankfully there’s no cap on empathy.  I think the vast majority of people would agree that the migrant story is infinitely more tragic, but you can’t change the human condition of what grabs our attention. This story just has a crazy narrative that’s super attention-grabbing, it’s not about people finding it “worse”. 
Besides, whataboutism is never really helpful. We’re on a forum with people discussing pop culture all day because it interests us, even if there’s plenty more important ways to spend our time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darthdevidem01 said:

Imagine dying by the wreck of the titanic to my heart will go on playing. This story just gets more unbelievable 

At least they got an exclusive first listen to My Heart Will Go On (The Janky Ass Sub Reboot Remix).

2 minutes ago, Butters said:

:lakitu:

Unfortunately, it's still unrealistic that they will be saved because even if rescuers do find them at the bottom of the ocean, they still have to figure out how they're going to bring the heavy sub back to the surface and get it open before the oxygen runs out.

So Celine is on repeat until they either get saved or don't?

The video on twitter with the sounds of the knocks they are making- yeah they are still alive-

6 minutes ago, Phonography said:

The video on twitter with the sounds of the knocks they are making- yeah they are still alive-

The fact that there is nothing that can rescue them is kind of sad

It's crazy that they had nothing planned if something went wrong. And that man who brought his 19 yo son with him knowing the danger.. pure folly

4 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

The fact that there is nothing that can rescue them is kind of sad

Honestly even if going there was dumb , they are rich bla bla bla i wonder how someone could not feel sorry for these people, like this must be one of the worst ways to die-

1 hour ago, Arrows said:

I don’t get people proudly proclaiming their lack of sympathy for this on the Internet. You could be the most privileged person on earth and I’d still feel bad for you if your tragic yet stupid endeavour ended in the painful death of you and your family. 

I think it’s largely because of the concurrent timing of that migrant boat capsizing, on which 300+ Pakistani refugees died but has since received a fraction of the publicity. Which is bad, yes! But people seem to think they’re doing activism by saying they care about that and not this sub.

2 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

he's so sure that he's made it to his stepdad's will :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, BeenTheShit said:

I wasn't really following this or seeing why it was such a big deal until last night.  For anyone still lost watch these short videos: Video 1, Video 2, Video 3

I can't believe these people paid $250k to get on that janky thing.  I thought surely it was at least the size of a FedEx/UPS truck with proper seating.  No, you literally sit barefoot, crisscrossed, and sardined on the floor because you can't stand or move around.  The thing has no GPS/radio communication and the sub is controlled by a $20 Logitech Bluetooth Gaming Controller, which has surely run out of battery power at this point.  These people are DEAD and will probably never get found.

The other theory is that the vessel may have imploded instantly due to extreme pressure, which would be ideal for the passengers since their death would be instant instead of slow and painful by running out of oxygen, food, and water.

Literally all of this. 

When I found out it was a GAME controller steering this DIY Submarine…:rip:

Their chances of rescue are unfortunately looking slim to none at this point. While it was arguably a foolish decision to go on the excursion in the first place, I wouldn't wish this on anyone, billionaire or not. It's probably the most terrifying death imaginable and all we can hope is that this leads to more safety regulations in the future. This should never have happened in the first place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAP said:

spacer.png

A literal money grab... :deadbanana4:

so these five rich people signed a paper that told them that they would pay that much on a thing that is dangerous and could cause their death and still they thought it was a good idea even when they saw that the controlers of the thing were from video games? ok. 

Edited by GabeInPolaroids

future expeditions should also include a cyanide pill just in case

• Like 1

The stepson should wait cause if he survives he's getting cut of that will-

22 minutes ago, DAP said:

spacer.png

Giving Black Mirror's Joan is Awful teas :rip:

28 minutes ago, DAP said:

spacer.png

They waste no time. Absolutely shameless :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.