• levi_valvi

• vale9001

46 minutes ago, James_Dean said:
  Hide contents

xtbzBXG.gif

I know it's a prosthetic but I still need to touch it

spacer.png

• Haha 2

I have not been able to think about anything but this film in the last 24 hours. What an experience :WAP:

• Like 2

This movie made me feel really sad for some reason :dies: Something about this type of story makes me feel sad

It was a good movie though, but so cringe that I could barely keep my eyes on the screen 

• Confused 2

I am obsessed. The chemistry. The cinematography. The score. 

I need Mike Faist and Josh NOW!!! :WAP:

It was such a HOT movie. Really enjoyed it! 

More movies need booming techno soundtracks. This sounded glorious on cinema speakers. :jonny:

Movie was so good too. Zendaya keeps picking great projects, she has the potential to become a legitimate movie star (as in someone who can sell a movie on their name alone).

• Like 2

2nd viewing completed. Ugh, it's just too good

spacer.png

• Like 2

Oh not this is coming out digitally on the 17th. If i had known i wouldn't have watched that ugly ass screen recording, with Bollywood gambling commercials edited into the actual vod every 15 mins.

spacer.png

Apart from Saltburn, which was immediately digital, most Amazon films take ~1.5 months before going digital. I wonder if they saw the underperformance, & decided to throw it up online while the hype is still there. This film def would perform a lot better on streaming.

6 hours ago, Magickarp said:

I wonder if they saw the underperformance

The what 

spacer.png

Such a fun movie.

Out now on VOD! Can't wait to rewatch :duca:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

How was this doing in theaters? I feel like this was too soon considering people are still talking about it

The movie was provocative and entertaining, nice chemistry overall.

Great film.

Not much sex scenes but blimey the sexual tension is soooo palpable.

The pulsing techno soundtrack is just incredible.

fgUWvQ7.gif

• Like 1

half way thru this and its so dry :deadbanana2: im struggling to get thru it

• Thumbs Down 1

On 5/7/2024 at 10:22 PM, James_Dean said:
  Hide contents

xtbzBXG.gif

it's not loading anymore 

:suburban:

I watched the movie and Zendaya wasn't too convincing for me :rip: By the second half I was wondering is her character really that worth all this drama since she's so cold towards those boys. Also some scenes were just too goofy like this movie tried to be comedy. But the finale was amazing 7.5/10

• 2 weeks later...

just watched the movie, now I wanna have a foursome with them but fr the movie was great, soundtrack was fire and Josh was amazing

Posted (edited)

It was a decent watch. I wasn't wowed by it. 

It kinda flopped Commercially too. :ninja:

Edited by Johnny Jacobs

Posted (edited)

Watched it last night, while I had fun with it I don't understand acclaim (4.1 on letterboxd???).

Tennis shots and in general tennis history in the movie wasn't done well, they should've had experts there correcting things when they play tennis or simply not making Mike Faist's character a loser his whole life when he apparently won 3/4 slams and multiple times!! 

My favorite part of the movie was flashback to 2006, I loved them when they were young and goofy, chemistry between males was amazing, when they were friends, and Zendeya was good as a teenager, but she doesn't have look or talent to pull of a mother and mature character yet. While we're at it, how did they manage to make them look so young and different in flashbacks? It wasn't just haircut, were they de-aged?

Is it me or they used Ostapenko as inspiration for that Anna i laughed so hard.

The end scene dragged a bit, and I'm not sure how I feel about the end, do i love it or not.

All in all, I wasn't bored at all with it and I kinda wish it was longer and got deeper into their history. 

Out of three leads Zendeya was the weakest link here but watch her get all accolades. 

I hope we'll see more tennis in movies, there are stories to tell there...

Edited by NoAngelus

It's alright.

We are witnessing ZENDAYA's imminent stardom though.

That wasn't good. I was sold on the first half but couldn't read Zendayas face a lot of times and the men were ugly and the story nonexistent. 

The slow-mo during the final match was infuriating and the ending a nonsensical mess. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.