Should NSYNC have done 1 more album?

LCTV

Yes, but honestly I would have preferred a better solo career for the best member/ dancer AKA JC CHASEZ :fish2:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AllAmericanBitch

• LCTV

• Inverted

• Johnny Jacobs

3 hours ago, professor2000 said:

I used to think BSB was corny for continuing on, but they had a certain maturity about their image/sound that allowed it to work.  

Yup. By 2000 and 2001 they put out Black & Blue and a singles like Shape of My Heart and The Call was them already moving away from teen pop. Then they disbanded as well and tried a more mature sound in 2005 with never gone 

Edited by dirrtydiana

1 hour ago, Truth Teller said:

No, if they had tried to launch anything in 2004-5 with their corny knee-jerk choreos, their kooky outfits and their try-hard wangster aesthetic, it would have been a disaster. They were already losing their footing with Celebrity. Boy bands were OUT.

We instead wanted JC to have his solo career and be beautiful and talented but we were deprived.

:clap3:

They should have, don't know when but they should have.

Also more importantly,  JC should have totally huge. He chose such trash songs it's a shame. 

6 hours ago, Keeandga said:

I think they were supposed to do a Destiny Fulfilled situation, I remember maybe Lance saying he declined offers because they were was a date they were suppose to regroup, but Justin blew up and left the rest of them in the dust.
I think Nsync era/reunion could do better than his next solo era though. 

nah joey and chris are old fatties now

thw other 3 kept the looks

11 hours ago, Marry The Gods said:

Nostalgia :jonny:

They should have released one more album in 2004 just a few years before the Future Sex/Love Sounds era. 

i don't think it's ever clicked for me that want you back and tearing up my heart are different songs. they sound IDENTICAL??

If they did, the album would have only did a million worldwide. It would have sold a million in the US (which would have been an underperformance, and "Never Gone" performed the same for BSB), and they had a weak worldwide audience from the beginning. They didn't have a chokehold on R&B like Destiny's Child, when they did their comeback album.

No one cared enough for JC solo, and people saying otherwise are revisionists.

I will never stop still slaps to this day:jonny6:

17 hours ago, CandleGuy said:

People forget this but JC was nearly as popular as JT at the time they broke up.

He unfortunately released some of the most try hard music for his first couple singles and destroyed his own hype.

(low key bop tho)

This isn't true. Justin was a way more popular public figure than JC was during the NSYNC days. Justin was dating the most popular woman on the planet (Britney Spears). 

Towards the end, it seemed like Jive was already pushing Justin. Most singles from the Celebrity album were co-written by and heavily showcased Justin. Gone is basically a solo Justin song. Even on the Celebrity album cover, Justin is in the centre while JC is way in the back. 

JC's album ended up coming out years after Justin's project when all the hype was dead. The release date got pushed back a hundred times. The label seemingly had no idea what to release cause all the songs got passed around and were online way in advance. They put out the lead single and when it made zero noise they didn't try anything else, just released the album months after without a hit.

16 hours ago, Mtjjproducer said:

also for those saying jc should've had a bigger career. his music sucked. I like some of the songs off Schizophrenic but as a whole it was bad. Justin made MUCH better music than JC. I LOVE his voice but he released bad music. his second album sounded like it was going to be good though. people are dick riding JC because they are bitter about Justin's success and riding his hate train. Same thing with Michelle from DC. ya asses didn't like her in the group but now people are trying to rewrite history saying she was the glue of the group with her bridges when everyone hated her until 3 years ago. remember poormichelle 

Pharrell handed Justin all those songs they already wrote for Michael Jackson tho. And the label invested millions to ensure the best producers. 

Some Girls Dance With Women was literally something JC just did for fun. Definitely not the right song to launch his solo career but Jive picked it. He didn't have the right people in his corner to guide the project. And Schizophrenic is a good album. I like Justin's debut but it's nothing special. Not every experimentation on JC's solo album paid off but it has far more great songs than misses in my opinion.

The difference between JC and Michelle is people have always loved JC. :skull: It's obvious he was done wrong by the industry and deserved better.

Edited by PopThatCorn

Backstreet Boys will always be the superior band , asthetically, iconically & musically.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 8:09 AM, Mtjjproducer said:

they couldn've done a terrible pop rock sound like Backstreet Boys did which flopped

On what planet did Never Gone flop? It was a moderate success for them & you have remember It was their 4th album & almost a decade in the game. 

All considering it was really good for them. 

Edited by Power love
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

No, boybands were done by the time they released their last single. They had to use Nelly for the single mix of "Girlfriend" to add some "urban" appeal because bubblegum pop was dying. Backstreet Boys continued releasing and they flopped.

On 6/17/2023 at 4:29 AM, Johnny Jacobs said:

justin was smart to quit when they were at their peak and he was still young...

considering they only have 2 bops imo i wouldve loved another one or two.

00's swedish pop bops were the best

They had way more than 2 bops. I Want You Back? Tearin Up My Heart? Bye Bye Bye? It's Gonna Be Me? Pop? Girlfriend?

On 6/17/2023 at 10:36 AM, CandleGuy said:

People forget this but JC was nearly as popular as JT at the time they broke up.

He unfortunately released some of the most try hard music for his first couple singles and destroyed his own hype.

(low key bop tho)

On 6/17/2023 at 11:57 AM, dirrtydiana said:

This isn’t true at all. Jive capitalized on the Britney scandal and literally took funds from JC and left him in the dust for jt. He’s a great singer and songwriter, the industry did him dirty.

OT: nah I’m glad they had a trilogy and left on a good note. They were already shifting their sound with gone and girlfriend ft Nelly. Even bsb had their golden era trilogy from Backstreets Back, Millennium and Black & Blue

This is 100% fan fiction. JT was always more popular than JC and Jive was readying JT for a solo career for a long time (long before the Britney scandal in 2002). This is clearly historical revisionism being pushed by Britney stans. :skull:

JC was never as popular as JT and ruined it for himself by releasing corny music. Funds were not taken from him. 

On 6/17/2023 at 12:01 PM, dirrtydiana said:

Yup. By 2000 and 2001 they put out Black & Blue and a singles like Shape of My Heart and The Call was them already moving away from teen pop. Then they disbanded as well and tried a more mature sound in 2005 with never gone 

No, they were just doing ballads like they always were. When they came back in 2005, they continued with the same formula. *NSYNC was known for choreography and teen pop. That was dead by 2001.

• Like 1

AllAmericanBitch

JT was always more popular than JC because of britney and getting more solos, but jc was better looking and had a better voice...

however they ruined his look when that long hair when he went solo and the music was awful :(

2 minutes ago, AllAmericanBitch said:

JT was always more popular than JC because of britney and getting more solos, but jc was better looking and had a better voice...

however they ruined his look when that long hair when he went solo and the music was awful :(

Huh?

JT was always the most popular member since their debut in 1996 long before dating Britney. :skull: 

JT got as many solos as JC. They both have one verse each in 99.9% of their songs. :skull: 

And JC had the better voice, but he was not better looking. :skull: 

NSYNC.jpg?fit=2000,800

AllAmericanBitch
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Huh?

JT was always the most popular member since their debut in 1996 long before dating Britney. :skull: 

JT got as many solos as JC. They both have one verse each in 99.9% of their songs. :skull: 

And JC had the better voice, but he was not better looking. :skull: 

NSYNC.jpg?fit=2000,800

its universally agreed that JC was better looking than the bird nosed ramen haired boy but whatever

Edited by AllAmericanBitch

4 minutes ago, AllAmericanBitch said:

its universally agreed that JC was better looking than the bird nosed ramen haired boy but whatever

It was never universally agreed. I don't know where even you got that from. :skull:

The only reason JT was more popular was because girls thought he was better looking (just like why Nick was the most popular in BSB).

They were smart to stop at their peak. Boy bands were on thier way out. And hip hop was coming in hot. Even tho they tried to get more hip hop on celebrity. It still wouldn’t have competed in the marketplace past that year. 50cent, Eminem and Nelly were ending that era. 

JT was more popular than all the members combined. JC was never “Universally” better looking :rip: Justin had more fangirls because he was considered better looking. Stop the bias 

• Like 1

AllAmericanBitch
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

It was never universally agreed. I don't know where even you got that from. :skull:

The only reason JT was more popular was because girls thought he was better looking (just like why Nick was the most popular in BSB).

basic teens maybe, cause jc looked like a man and jt like a teen

look at the material

8d9db60b436da285e534f2e831556a40d595fc2f

vs

Justin Timberlake | The Les Icons Blog

we have to laugh.

1 minute ago, AllAmericanBitch said:

basic teens maybe, cause jc looked like a man and jt like a teen

look at the material

8d9db60b436da285e534f2e831556a40d595fc2f

vs

Justin Timberlake | The Les Icons Blog

we have to laugh.

last time I checked they were marketed to then TEENs look at the material.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Bye Bye Bye? It's Gonna Be Me?

I know only those. The rest don't even ring a bell

AllAmericanBitch
23 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

I know only those. The rest don't even ring a bell

That doesnt matter. Pop, tearing up my heart, girlfriend were big hits

1 minute ago, AllAmericanBitch said:

That doesnt matter. Pop, tearing up my heart, girlfriend were big hits

Based on their chart positions i don't see it but ok 

AllAmericanBitch
3 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Based on their chart positions i don't see it but ok 

charts were way different back then

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.