Poll: Plurality of voters open to 3rd party, majority want Biden/Trump to sit out '24

Communion

5 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I think if given the chance to be president she would do more 

I prefer Mayor Pete or Gavin than Kamala tho. I cringe whenever I hear Kamala's word salads. Pete is more presidentiable than her tbh. And I don't think she deserves to be the first woman president. :coffee2:

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, RobynYoBank said:

I'm interested in who this great Democratic candidate is that's better than Biden.

You must think really poorly of the Democrats if you think there exists no better option than Biden. 

1 minute ago, iam1925 said:

I prefer Mayor Pete or Gavin than Kamala tho. I cringe whenever I hear Kamala's word salads. Pete is more presidentiable than her tbh. And I don't think she deserves to be the first woman president. :coffee2:

I’d be here for Gavin too. I liked Kamala more when she was Senator, she really brought it in hearings. like when she chewed up Brett Kavanaugh

9 minutes ago, iam1925 said:

All 3 of these people would lose a presidential election. :deadbanana4:

• Thumbs Down 1

the Dems need a celebrity, someone not in politics just like Trump came out of nowhere. 

1 hour ago, Insanity said:

I think what he's saying is inflation was not horrid like it is now

Y’all are truly living up to the biggest American stereotype of thinking you are the center of the universe :rip: because are you really that oblivious to the fact the entire world is dealing with an inflation crisis?

I feel like I'll just be repeating myself as in other threads, but I'll do it anyways.

Biden earned the nomination fair and square in 2020, and a large majority of black voters, who form the base of the party, wanted him to be the nominee. Running someone else at this point is basically surrendering the incumbency advantage, and Biden's already proven he can win.

Biden wasn't my first choice. I get that he's not popular and that people want other options - I'll always accept that sort of criticism as fair and warranted. But the second you refuse to vote for him in the general when the other option is potentially a man indicted on f***ing possible espionage charges? Yeah, you're not helping anybody, and in fact, only helping making things worse for everybody. 2016 has showed us just how consequential elections are, and because some people decided to stay home or protest vote, women no longer have control over their own bodies in the 21st century in many states. Yes, the bar is in hell - but that's thanks to the GOP and their constant clown show.

Biden may not be your favorite or first choice, but time and time again he has demonstrated that he is the better option than the GOP alternative when it comes to LGBTQ rights, civil rights, etc. That should be enough for most people - especially people who are LGBTQ - to swallow their pride and vote - and then rally behind whoever you choose to when the '28 primaries come around.

Honestly I understand them

have been wondering why US ppl were so adamant on voting for only these 2 parties, for some time

like..they are literal parodies atp :dies: with these presidential candidates

(tbh thinking back, some have been for some time)

And yet they absolutely dominant in their respective primaries :michael:  "Would you ever vote for a third party candidate" is an absolutely meaningless poll question

4 hours ago, Zox said:

Y’all are truly living up to the biggest American stereotype of thinking you are the center of the universe :rip: because are you really that oblivious to the fact the entire world is dealing with an inflation crisis?

Were discussing US politics 

29 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Were discussing US politics 

As I stated, the entire world is dealing with an inflation crisis right now - not just the US. That would mean it has nothing to do with Biden nor can he do much about it, otherwise he would have by now, just as any other political leader on this planet. :cm:

Let me know if I need to break it down further. 

32 minutes ago, Zox said:

As I stated, the entire world is dealing with an inflation crisis right now - not just the US. That would mean it has nothing to do with Biden nor can he do much about it, otherwise he would have by now, just as any other political leader on this planet. :cm:

Let me know if I need to break it down further. 

I'm aware inflation crisis is WW :rip:

All I was saying that user stated their life was better probably because there was no inflation at the time 

My mom and best friend constantly complain about going to the grocery store and how few things they can buy for so much money 

Edited by Insanity

59 minutes ago, Zox said:

nothing to do with Biden nor can he do much about it

Ending policies like the expanded child tax credit and the student debt pause objectively make the financial impact of inflation harder on the poorest of Americans, which makes it even worse than Biden wholeheartedly supported both bexause he shares Republicans' views on spending and was more concerned about the optics of "ending COVID" than ensuring that the financial impact of the pandemic still wasn't ongoing. 

When he loses in 2024, those will be the two decisions cited in post-mortems. 

Not surprised since neither parties work for the people

I've been saying since 2021 that this election will have a real third party challenger like Ross Perot or Ralph Nader who probably won't win but will siphon away enough support to be decisive. I still think it's early and people are realizing there's actually demand for something else.

Edited by Beyonnaise

30 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

I've been saying since 2021 that this election will have a real third party challenger like Ross Perot or Ralph Nader who probably won't win but will siphon away enough support to be decisive. I still think it's early and people are realizing there's actually demand for something else.

When the RNC forces Trump to drop out and he runs as a third party candidate 

13 hours ago, Bloo said:

You must think really poorly of the Democrats if you think there exists no better option than Biden. 

13 hours ago, Communion said:

All 3 of these people would lose a presidential election. :deadbanana4:

The insurance heiress is the only one I can think of. But given the recent coverage in her home state, who knows :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.