Publix heiress gave millions to Jan.6 rally sponsors

Espresso

Don't shop at Publix!

PublixStore.jpg

Fancellis-Funds-1024x639.png

[...] Julia “Julie” Jenkins Fancelli, daughter of late Publix Super Markets founder George Jenkins and an heir to his roughly $9 billion fortune, was interviewed by the House Jan. 6 select committee after news the heiress funded three of the 11 partners sponsoring the “Stop the Steal” rally on Jan. 6, 2021.

Fancelli used a charity to steer even more money to another “dark money” group that sponsored the rally preceding the U.S. Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021, a new OpenSecrets investigation found.

Fancelli is currently the sole funder and president of the George Jenkins Foundation, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit that made a $1.3 million contribution to Moms for America — another dark money group that sponsored the Jan. 6 rally — in 2020, according to OpenSecrets’ analysis of charitable filings and tax documents.

The contribution is previously unreported and was not discussed in Fancelli’s publicly-available Jan. 6 select committee testimony transcript.

Previously reported contributions include $300,000 to Women for America First, $200,000 to State Tea Party Express, $150,000 to the Rule of Law Defense Fund and at least $1 million to Turning Point Action in late December 2020 — a little more than a week before the protests on Jan. 6.

Groups involved in the rally received at least $3 million in total funding from Fancelli, according to estimates from the House Jan. 6 select committee. The committee released its final report on Dec. 22, 2022. [...] OpenSecrets

Ok I will just grow and slaughter my own cows and sheep and corn and wheat 

• Thumbs Down 3

She doesn't even run the company, she just owns most of it. She also made her own millions in specialty food imports. Boycotting Publix won't even be a blip on her  income. Publix is privately owned through restricted stock. Much of the stock is owned by current and former employees, who probably have very little in common with Fancelli than owning Publix stock.

4 minutes ago, chessguy99 said:

She doesn't even run the company, she just owns most of it.

:rip: :rip:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Headlock said:

:rip: :rip:

And she only owns most of it because she is the last surviving child of the founder. The other six are all gone. They were decent people for the most part, just sucks that this one is the one that gets all the attention.

• ATRL Moderator

I never even heard of this store, but will not be shopping there.

19 minutes ago, chessguy99 said:

And she only owns most of it because she is the last surviving child of the founder. The other six are all gone. They were decent people for the most part, just sucks that this one is the one that gets all the attention.

She killed the other 6? 

30 minutes ago, chessguy99 said:

Not trying to be shady/mean, do you work for Publix corporate? Why else would you wish a different billionaire’s child was in charge of the PR of a grocery store chain, they’re not getting people’s benefit of the doubt either way :priceless:

46 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I never even heard of this store, but will not be shopping there.

It's mostly an Eastern Seaboard chain, mainly in Florida from what I understand.

Also don't be surprised if almost every major grocery retailer donates in someway to Republicans. Just saying as someone who has worked in the grocery business for a long time.

15 hours ago, chessguy99 said:

Yeah, the multi-millionaires are the real victim here.

She has been in the news for funding conservative groups for a long time:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/publix-heiress-capitol-insurrection-fancelli/2021/12/08/5144fe1c-5219-11ec-8ad5-b5c50c1fb4d9_story.html

The Washington Post previously reported that on Dec. 29, 2020, Fancelli donated $300,000 to Women for America First, a nonprofit group that helped organize the Jan. 6 rally, and $150,000 to the nonprofit arm of the Republican Attorneys General Association, which paid for a robocall touting a march to “call on Congress to stop the steal.”

Publix Heiress Gave About $2.5M to Re­pub­lican Groups Last Year

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2021/02/02/julie-jenkins-fancelli

Her money paid for “the lion’s share of the roughly $500,000” for the rally that involved Trump, the newspaper said, citing organizers. The Journal said the donation came through the arrangement of far-right radio host Alex Jones.

20 hours ago, Headlock said:

Not trying to be shady/mean, do you work for Publix corporate? Why else would you wish a different billionaire’s child was in charge of the PR of a grocery store chain, they’re not getting people’s benefit of the doubt either way :priceless:

No, I'm just frustrated with the ATRL tendency to just jump all over something because one evil person is associated with it. I haven't been in a Publix in years, spent a couple myears down in Florida for my first job out of Uni. As I remember, it was a nice place to shop and the employees were friendly. As a guy in a new area I found shopping there to be a good experience. I don't get why the first reaction to Fancelli is "boycott Publix" when she has nothing to do with the company other than padding her net worth with Publix stock and cashing dividend checks.

1 hour ago, chessguy99 said:

No, I'm just frustrated with the ATRL tendency to just jump all over something because one evil person is associated with it. I haven't been in a Publix in years, spent a couple myears down in Florida for my first job out of Uni. As I remember, it was a nice place to shop and the employees were friendly. As a guy in a new area I found shopping there to be a good experience. I don't get why the first reaction to Fancelli is "boycott Publix" when she has nothing to do with the company other than padding her net worth with Publix stock and cashing dividend checks.

Sis, you are presenting the facade of the customer service at a store as a counter argument to the owner’s reprehensible behavior :priceless:

2 hours ago, chessguy99 said:

Store level operations (friendly employees) are more of a reflection of that location's great or terrible management than it is on the CEO or the corporate board. Some retail chains place heavier emphasis on presentation but most (with the exception of Costco and Winco) are problematic behind the scenes due to number of issues especially pay.  You won't ever see this directly in your face as a customer unless the location is obviously toxic. :dies: 

CEOs are all useless in this general topic though in regards to retail grocery stores, just look at Kroger's CEO being paid $18million a year just for his position and lack of actual improvement to the business operation.

On 6/15/2023 at 4:44 PM, Pheromosa said:

Ok I will just grow and slaughter my own cows and sheep and corn and wheat 

you can always shoplift them, just don't get caught 

Right Said Fred says Beyonce didn't ask to sample I'm Too Sexy on Alien  Superstar - Page 11 - Celebria - ATRL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.